• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fulham (A) - PL - 21 April 2024

Momowasboss is boss. Nice tidy 3 points there, save a troubling end to the first half.

Klopp found his balls and the side he picked rewarded him. He will need to be equally ready to make tough decisions for the derby, although the fact they won today might take the edge off the chance they can get relegated

Momowasboss is boss. Nice tidy 3 points there, save a troubling end to the first half.

Klopp found his balls and the side he picked rewarded him. He will need to be equally ready to make tough decisions for the derby, although the fact they won today might take the edge off the chance they can get relegated
They've a 1% chance of going down according to Sky graphic

I feel like Trent is essential to our chances. The way he moves the side forward is like noone else in our squad
He’s an absolutely phenomenal player. I think he makes the pitch so much bigger because of his passing ability. Our wingers can get wide with the striker pushing the shoulders of defenders because they know in a matter of 3 seconds they could be latching on to a top ball. He’s brilliant at beating the press too. When the opposition try to press our defence he has the ability to attract a player then ping it to someone in space and bypass that press.

He has his deficiencies but the positives he brings to the side far outweigh those.

Gonna keep these ratings short and sweet.

Ali 7 - Few easy saves for him and a largely untroubled nights work.

Trent 8.5 - Superb free kick, just take them all next time. Worked hard off the ball to get back in defensive positions.
Quansah 7.5 - Very good, kept an inform striker quiet. Increases his chances of becoming a future regular.
Virgil 8 - Was there when we needed him, cleared everything away.
Robbo 8 - The touch to pick that pass out the sky and the backheel gave me a hard won, kept some passes which looked to be overhit in play and kept Iwobi is his pocket.

Endo 7.5 - Much better than he has been recently.
Harvey 5 - Worked hard as usual otherwise a game to forget, passing was off and the chance he missed was brutal. Should've been hooked.
Grav 7 - Did ok 1st half, didn't have an awful lot of touches but kept it simple and tidy with a few moments of what he's about. Brilliant in the 2nd half with a superb goal and involved in the build up to 3rd. Unlucky to be subbed.

Diaz 6 - 7 first half, 5 second. Started off really bright, had that chance with the header and some of his dribbling was brilliant.....completely anonymous 2nd half.
Jota 7 - Not his best, still working his way back to full fitness. Missed a sitter of his own. +1 for the goal and +1 for winning the foul for Trent.
Gakpo 7.5 - Another bright display from the lad.....lovely assist for Jota, led the break numerous times.....maybe didn't pick out the best option but he's showing life out on that left flank.

None of the subs really had enough time to judge - N/A

Speaking in length about any of the subs today feels pointless, game was done and dusted and they were just brought on to freshen things up......they could've come on and just stood wandering about but looked full of running which I suppose was a plus.

The biggest +ve was that we could've let the goal on the stroke of HT kill our spirit, Klopp could've changed it there and then but the same XI came out 2nd half, regained control and took the game away from Fulham. Very pleasing.

Mo created two very good chances. Lets not kid ourselves. We need to get him back into form for the last 5 games.

The second half was better than we've seen in weeks. Still, I do not get the vibe we're giving it everything we have. It all just feels a bit half arsed and lethargic.
I didn't get that impression at all. We are too slow to build out from the back (very slow) but that doesn't equate to the team being lethargic or half-arsed. In fact once we get going in the opposition half we seemed very determined (despite some poor decision making / passing).

We are too slow to build out from the back (very slow)
That's our style, to draw the opposition out and get them chasing side to side. Plus what team do you (don't mean you specifically) know plays 100MPH out the back? There isn't because you can't unless you have 4 Matip's at the back and you take risks playing out with it every time (usually cause more problems than not).

Gonna keep these ratings short and sweet.

Ali 7 - Few easy saves for him and a largely untroubled nights work.

Trent 8.5 - Superb free kick, just take them all next time. Worked hard off the ball to get back in defensive positions.
Quansah 7.5 - Very good, kept an inform striker quiet. Increases his chances of becoming a future regular.
Virgil 8 - Was there when we needed him, cleared everything away.
Robbo 8 - The touch to pick that pass out the sky and the backheel gave me a hard won, kept some passes which looked to be overhit in play and kept Iwobi is his pocket.

Endo 7.5 - Much better than he has been recently.
Harvey 5 - Worked hard as usual otherwise a game to forget, passing was off and the chance he missed was brutal. Should've been hooked.
Grav 7 - Did ok 1st half, didn't have an awful lot of touches but kept it simple and tidy with a few moments of what he's about. Brilliant in the 2nd half with a superb goal and involved in the build up to 3rd. Unlucky to be subbed.

Diaz 6 - 7 first half, 5 second. Started off really bright, had that chance with the header and some of his dribbling was brilliant.....completely anonymous 2nd half.
Jota 7 - Not his best, still working his way back to full fitness. Missed a sitter of his own. +1 for the goal and +1 for winning the foul for Trent.
Gakpo 7.5 - Another bright display from the lad.....lovely assist for Jota, led the break numerous times.....maybe didn't pick out the best option but he's showing life out on that left flank.

None of the subs really had enough time to judge - N/A
Too generous. They were decent, good even, but most were not 7s and up.

Ali 6.5 - nothing to do
Quansha 7
Robbo 5 - An 8? WTF? He was possibly our worst player, esp. in the 1st half where he was responsible for 3-4 attacks due to a failure to defend or he did his patented diving in, missing, and giving the winger a free run behind him.
Diaz 7 constantly beat defenders and caused havoc.

Others I agree but all probably a 0.5 point lower.

I didn't get that impression at all. We are too slow to build out from the back (very slow) but that doesn't equate to the team being lethargic or half-arsed. In fact once we get going in the opposition half we seemed very determined (despite some poor decision making / passing).
I felt we were trying to do what we’ve done all season and condense the game into the final 30. We just happened to be 3-1 up after 60 and the opposition dropped a gear which meant we didn’t need to go all frantic for the last 30.

Too generous. They were decent, good even, but most were not 7s and up.

Ali 6.5 - nothing to do
Quansha 7
Robbo 5 - An 8? WTF? He was possibly our worst player, esp. in the 1st half where he was responsible for 3-4 attacks due to a failure to defend or he did his patented diving in, missing, and giving the winger a free run behind him.
Diaz 7 constantly beat defenders and caused havoc.

Others I agree but all probably a 0.5 point lower.
You're really gonna sit there and argue with me over a few 0.5 ratings and then say that's "too generous"? Come on Froggy, give Ali a 7. That little tip over for Pereira maybe? Give Q a 7.5 for giving us a scare he was down injured but soldiered on!

Didn't see anyone bar Harvey have a 5 or below game.

That's our style, to draw the opposition out and get them chasing side to side. Plus what team do you (don't mean you specifically) know plays 100MPH out the back? There isn't because you can't unless you have 4 Matip's at the back and you take risks playing out with it every time (usually cause more problems than not).
I know it's our style but we seem to have lost the pass into midfield that gets pinged forward or goes right and then into the centre and immediately springs an attack. We recirculate even from the front to the back over and over. And then lose it.

We need to take more chances when we get into the opposition half.

I know it's our style but we seem to have lost the pass into midfield that gets ponged forward or goes right and then into the centre and immediately springs an attack. We recirculate even from the front all the back over and over. And then lose it.

We need to take more chances when we get into the opposition half.
I think the issue with our CB's is they choose to play it back to the keeper an awful lot (we must be the side with the most back passes to the keeper in the league....& although it wasn't the league, Atalanta took the piss) instead of looking for a ball into the midfield or over the top for the forwards to latch onto but this is more down to Klopp and what he wants from players in certain situations.

Mo created two very good chances. Lets not kid ourselves. We need to get him back into form for the last 5 games.

What did the starting 3 do today that should see any of them replaced by mo?
What did mo do Today that's any different than the last few games? Has he "turned the corner" in your opinion?

What did the starting 3 do today that should see any of them replaced by mo?
What did mo do Today that's any different than the last few games? Has he "turned the corner" in your opinion?

No, but Klopp will change things around given the short amount of time between games. Mo will start.

Mo was arsing around as though he didn’t give a shit today. And Nunez was as brainless as ever. Utter shite.

We looked very good today. The balance from our wide worked.

Ali - his distribution is a level above Kelleher, small upgrade but makes a difference. Although i do think he was partly at fault for their goal, rushing his Gk when our players are out of position.

Trent - much more purposeful, created chances, spread the play well, solid in defence and belting goal.

Quansah - assured and pretty dominant in the air.

Virgil - not much to say, kept our defence mostly in great shape and assured. We didn’t get sucked into sitting too deep at 2-1.

Robbo - looking better and more creative as he continues to settle after long lay off. I love watching him & Trent spread the ball across to each other.

Endo - first 20 mins of second half he was everywhere and really set the tone.

Gravy - was a bit anonymous and sloppy to start but was much better second half. Great goal. Work rate better than some previous games.

Elliot - can never fault his work rate, tough crowd experience for him. Had a couple of chances i think everyone wanted him to score. His tracking back enabled Trent to do Trent.

Gakpo - one of his best games for us. Some errors with passing or shooting at the wrong time but he beat his man many times keeping attacks developing. Deserved the assist.

Jota - lovely goal. Struggled at times otherwise, but he’s still sharpening up. A few too many times running/dribbling into defenders when an easy pass was on, which is frustrating.

Diaz - i love him on the right. Work rate always great. Beat his man a lot like Gakpo.

Back
Top Bottom