• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton (A) - 24 April 2024 - Premier League

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
The Big Dog vs the Yard Dogs.

I fucking hate these. I fucking hate the 3 shite spastic clubs that came up which ensured they are staying up. These pricks deserve to go down to the abyss.

We got the big 3 points against Fulham. Klopp finally showed he had a pair and rotated the side to save some legs going into this run of away league fixtures.

Firstly, Gravy and The Boy got better as the game went on today, but neither are gonna start at the dump. We may not even start with the ninja.

Ali

Trent
Big Ib
VVD
Robbo

Big Mac
SoPleaseBeBoss
Ketwig

Diaz
Jota
Gakpo

Mo and Donkey didn’t do anything to be worthy of a start.

We need to keep the pressure on. LET’S FUCKING SMASH THESE CUNTS.

Konate, Darwin, Szobo, Macca and Salah will start. Klopp will change it up given the minutes played today.

Ali Trent Quansah Virgil Robbo Endo Mac Szobo Salah Jota Gakpo or something like that.

Just fucking win. Then clobber the cunts in retaliation for inevitably trying to injure our players after the FT.

It’ll be…

Ali
Trent Konate VVD Gomez
Macca Endo Jones (or Szobo Macca Jones)
Mo Nunez Diaz

Konate, Darwin, Szobo, Macca and Salah will start. Klopp will change it up given the minutes played today.
Absolutely this. Klopp saved them for Everton.

Ali Trent Konate Virgil Robbo Endo Mac Szobo Nunez Jota Salah

Two variations could be Jones for Szobo and Diaz for Jota.

We will lose if Szobo and Salah both start - they have been nothing but passengers since coming back from injury. There is a reason we played better and scored more without them vs Fulham.

Perhaps you could still make a case for starting Salah in the derby (even though I would play Diaz on the right again), but Szobo - no chance, he should be behind Gravvy, Jones and Elliott at this point. Even in his 5-minute cameo he gave away the ball like 4 times, it’s just not worth it.

Last edited:
Klopp will make changes. We play again early Saturday.
We need everyone back in form.

Bear in mind that this game will see us going top after Arsenal are tonked by the Chavs the night before.

Whoever plays are going to run through walls to smash these cunts on the way to the top.

What are saving him for? The EURO's?

I would guess for West Ham on Saturday given the short turnaround and recent injury/fitness issues. Klopp has always done this when players are returning from injury so its weird that people now think Jota will play 3 games in 6 days.

I would guess for West Ham on Saturday given the short turnaround and recent injury/fitness issues. Klopp has always done this when players are returning from injury so its weird that people now think Jota will play 3 games in 6 days.
I guess, but desperate times, desperate measures.
He can play 70 mins, 3 times in a row.

I really thought Trent + Elliot + Diaz worked well today from a balance POV down the right. Neither will start on that part of the pitch though.

I think it’ll be

Ali

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Jones
Macca

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

for me it would be Diaz Jota Gakpo/Nunez as front three. Salah is getting too predictable.

Jones should start as local blood is important and Everton will be up for this, just like United were. It’s their cup final.

I really thought Trent + Elliot + Diaz worked well today from a balance POV down the right. Neither will start on that part of the pitch though.

I think it’ll be

Ali

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Jones
Macca

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

for me it would be Diaz Jota Gakpo/Nunez as front three. Salah is getting too predictable.

Jones should start as local blood is important and Everton will be up for this, just like United were. It’s their cup final.

If that team starts we'll lose. By the time Klopp realises his error it'll be too late and we'll be fighting to draw level.
Nunez and Salah can't be on the pitch together, not on current form.
They had 20 mins to do something and I mean anything against a Fulham team who were on vacation and they managed to do jack shit. And remember, we're in a goal difference race with Arsenal and potentially City.
I'm good with Konate, Macca or Szobo coming on and maybe, just maybe Salah, but Jota and Diaz aren't going anywhere.

Surely you keep Gakpo playing since he’s finally found some form after spending half the season on the bench.

Theres’s 5 games left - what are we resting people for? Klopp will know from the medical team who’s body can play 3 games in a week - we play our strongest team.

Nunez deserves to be on the bench until he at least has another “Newcastle moment”.

Salah is off form, but he still tends to score, so it’s him or Diaz alongside Gakpo & Jota if the other 2 are fit.

Mac A plays for sure - Slobbers is so off form it’s ridiculous to start him. Harvey should start. So it’s either Gravy or Endo as CJ off the boil too.

Trent & Robbo guaranteed, Virgil & Ali are already on the team sheet and I’d prob go with Ibou as Everton will get physical.

If that team starts we'll lose. By the time Klopp realises his error it'll be too late and we'll be fighting to draw level.
Nunez and Salah can't be on the pitch together, not on current form.
They had 20 mins to do something and I mean anything against a Fulham team who were on vacation and they managed to do jack shit. And remember, we're in a goal difference race with Arsenal and potentially City.
I'm good with Konate, Macca or Szobo coming on and maybe, just maybe Salah, but Jota and Diaz aren't going anywhere.
We’re not in a GD race with Arsenal- they’ve won that, we need to beat them on points and we have a good chance of doing so.

City on the other hand is a different matter. There are possibly two matches in which they could lose points (Spurs away on a Tuesday after Fulham away on the Sunday is the big one). But we need to be ahead on GD if it comes down to it. Difficult. I think we’ll have the least best GD and need to win it on points by winning all our remaining games.

Surely you keep Gakpo playing since he’s finally found some form after spending half the season on the bench.

Theres’s 5 games left - what are we resting people for? Klopp will know from the medical team who’s body can play 3 games in a week - we play our strongest team.

Nunez deserves to be on the bench until he at least has another “Newcastle moment”.

Salah is off form, but he still tends to score, so it’s him or Diaz alongside Gakpo & Jota if the other 2 are fit.

Mac A plays for sure - Slobbers is so off form it’s ridiculous to start him. Harvey should start. So it’s either Gravy or Endo as CJ off the boil too.

Trent & Robbo guaranteed, Virgil & Ali are already on the team sheet and I’d prob go with Ibou as Everton will get physical.
Agree with most of it. In midfield, it’s Endo + Macca + 1 for me for the derby and maybe it’s best not to prejudge who will be the 3rd midfielder and let them fight it out in training. In any case Szoboszlai should be nowhere near the first team - it surely looks like a turnaround in form will not happen for him until next season.

If we’re choosing between Salah and Diaz on the right, reputation and status is one thing, but objectively you have to say Diaz does his tricks and flicks with more pace and power - Salah’s little touches are not fooling any defenders at the moment and he’s had very little pace and running power on display since coming back from injury. Also in Diaz’s favour is that he will defend and track back, so we’re not sacrificing the defensive structure to accommodate him.

Agree with most of it. In midfield, it’s Endo + Macca + 1 for me for the derby and maybe it’s best not to prejudge who will be the 3rd midfielder and let them fight it out in training. In any cases Szoboszlai should be nowhere near the first team on current form - it won’t happen for him until next season.

If we’re choosing between Salah and Diaz on the right, reputation and status is one thing, but objectively you have to say Diaz does his tricks and flicks with more pace and power - Salah’s little touches are not fooling any defenders at the moment and he’s had very little pace and running power on display since coming back from injury. Also in Diaz’s favour is that he will defend and track back, so we’re not sacrificing the defensive structure to accommodate him.
You’re making a case to sell Mo and keep Diaz in the Summer.

Ali
Trent ibou VVD Robbo
endo
Macca. Jones
Diaz. Jota. Gakkers

Anything but that and I feel klopps inviting pressure.

Ali
Trent ibou virgil Robbo
Elliot Endo Macca
Salah Jota Diaz

No fucking about. Let's get into them. 3 changes seems reasonable, even if I wanted to keep the same front 3.

Like I said in the other thread:

Klopp should play that front free again, unfortunately he will put Salah back in on Wednesday, even though he's playing like it's already the Summer. I wouldn't put Nunez near near that lineup for the derby and for all of Gravenberch's flashes of quality yesterday, we don't need any passengers against Everton.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp drops Jota for Salah against Everton, which is barmy, but in terms of balance it's probably what he'll do and also considering Jota has only just returned from injury.

I think he'll go with this:

-----------------Alisson--------------
Trent----Konate-----VVD----Robbo
----------------Endo-----------------
--------Macca-------CJ/DS----------
-Salah---------Gapko-------Diaz--

It'll be a tough game on Wednesday, despite their position, they can be fairly resolute and dogged when they want to be.

Back
Top Bottom