• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Egyptian King

Dreambeliever

Will he believe again?
Another opening game weekend another goal for Salah.

Throw in an assist and he’s up and running yet again.

I feel he’ll have a better season that year and up huge numbers.

This style will suit him well.

Salah without Afcon this year, so I expect a better season.

He's still world class.

Whilst he's lost his lightning pace, he still has enough to unbalance defenders and create space.

He's also more of a creator nowadays too, which is why it's crucial we have 2 others up front with him who are more clinical. Jota is one, but can't stay fit and isn't particularly pacey. Both Diaz/Nunez both have very good pace, but are pretty wasteful in front of goal. Hopefully, Salah's minutes are better managed this season, so by the tail end of the season he's not nursing a hamstring and he's fresh enough to contribute both goals and assists.

I don't think this style will suit him tbh. Slot seems to want to use the wingers and not the FBs to provide the width.

Salah hasn't played as a winger since he was at Basel. Spent the majority of his career as a narrow wing-forward. Now his pace has reduced drastically, and he never had elite ball retention ability. If Slot's idea is for wingers to hold the width and have midfield runners support the no. 9, Salah is going to struggle.

Salah still has may be another 12-18 months left in him of top level play, but his best role is now not even as a wing-forward but as a supporting no. 10 or a slightly withdrawn forward behind a really pacy 9. In theory, Darwin at 9 with Salah just playing in a slightly withdrawn role, and focusing on just playing the final ball and finishing whatever chances come to him.

If Slot wants wants a winger who holds the width, and creates chances, we need to invest quickly in such a player at RW.

His interplay has always been great imo. Holding up the ball under pressure on his own has never been his strong suit but intricate passing to unlock defences is his jam.

if we find ourselves sitting so deep on the ball then he will get a lot of chances on the counter.

A full pre season and no AFCON.. i think we’re going to see a great version of Mo again this year.

King you say? For there can only be 1.

king-kenny-dalglish-poster-kingkenny117-medium-original-imaejfczahkrjdgm.jpeg

.....but yes Mo had a very good 2nd half today.

Title updated!

Interesting to hear Slots comments. I don’t think he’ll have an issue hooking Salah if he’s not performing. Great to have him up and running before the Utd game.

It'll be great to have him play well until February.. anything after that is a bonus with Mo these days.

I don't think this style will suit him tbh. Slot seems to want to use the wingers and not the FBs to provide the width.

Salah hasn't played as a winger since he was at Basel. Spent the majority of his career as a narrow wing-forward. Now his pace has reduced drastically, and he never had elite ball retention ability. If Slot's idea is for wingers to hold the width and have midfield runners support the no. 9, Salah is going to struggle.

Salah still has may be another 12-18 months left in him of top level play, but his best role is now not even as a wing-forward but as a supporting no. 10 or a slightly withdrawn forward behind a really pacy 9. In theory, Darwin at 9 with Salah just playing in a slightly withdrawn role, and focusing on just playing the final ball and finishing whatever chances come to him.

If Slot wants wants a winger who holds the width, and creates chances, we need to invest quickly in such a player at RW.

80a41120-e2aa-4a79-94db-8afb30139896_text.gif

I don't get the posters who are saying he was poor today. The only way that makes sense is if he's being judged against his best self.

He played well, again.

He played well and scored a great goal. Lots of great build up and attacks.
As said earlier Slots style suits him and our right side with Trent, Szobo and Salah is absolutly fantastic.

He’s just told the world he’s leaving. Let’s hope we make the most of his last season.

As of today in his mind, he'll say he's leaving or it's his last season, whatever he said. This isn't news to anyone and as we know things can change quickly in football and there's still a lot of time to come to a contract agreement, not just him but all of them.

He's a player that has and will frustrate a lot in moments but he's unlike any player I've ever seen, he never gives up and his drive and will to go on is what gets him in so many prominent positions time and time again.

Yeah, its quite similar to the last time we were in this situation. Its a message to the club.
Hughes needs to work on those extensions now.

Yep that was a blatant "im waiting on that cunt hughes to make me a contract offer" statement. Got 3 players out of contract in the summer and our owners have done nothing. Salah is still in great shape and looks after himself well. He has easily got another 2 years at the top level. Hughes should be sacked if he can't sort this shit out.

Mo is very good at this, great time to be stoking the new contract fire. We could sling him a 300k 3 year contract and watch his form take a big dip after christmas and wonder if we did the right thing.
Least if he did that then we've got chiesa on that side to hopefully pick up the slack; more than we've had other years

The thing that worries me more than anything is the bit where he said there'd be nothing from the club.

Surely we would have made an offer or made it clear we weren't going to make one?

Back
Top Bottom