• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Egyptian King

I believe him, he probably wants to stay but he's also too expensive for us to keep.

but he's also too expensive for us to keep.
That cunt face Hughes is gonna have fun pitching the alternative to that other cunt face who's never around.

"Yes John, because you didn't want to give Salah a new 2 year 36m deal we have to SPEND 40-50m on Bakayoko AND pay him a 100k a week"

"No John, we can't just replace him with Harvey Elliott and forget about it....the fans are gonna think we're even bigger cunts than we already are"

The thing that worries me more than anything is the bit where he said there'd be nothing from the club.

Surely we would have made an offer or made it clear we weren't going to make one?

you don’t think his agent would be shouting from the rooftops if they weren’t happy with the situation?

for all we know the agent has made it clear he won’t be taking a pay cut and won’t sign anything less than a 3 year deal, if not he’s off to SPL. then the only play we have if we don’t want to pay that is to make him sweat, banking on him ultimately wanting to stay and softening his demands.

Cutting that he said that no one at the club has talked to him.

He said word for word that it's his last season. But then rowed back slightly.

Slot on Salah's comments: "It's a lot of 'if', at this moment he's one of ours and I'm really happy with him being one of ours, he plays really well. I don't talk about contracts of players but I can talk for hours about performance - are you interested in that?

Slot on Salah's comments: "It's a lot of 'if', at this moment he's one of ours and I'm really happy with him being one of ours, he plays really well. I don't talk about contracts of players but I can talk for hours about performance - are you interested in that?
He can't talk about contracts. He's the Head coach.

Hughes is the contracts man

the good thing about offering him an extension imo is that when he fades he’ll want to move on and not suffer the bench, there will almost certainly be takers from the SPL who won’t care about salary.

I'm not sure Salah wants a move to Saudi.
He wouldn't be left alone and I don't think he wants all the attention that comes with it.
Honestly Saudis aren't very much liked by many other Arabs or Arabic speaking people.

i don’t think he wants to go either but that’s the card his agent will be playing and probably one of the fallback options

I don't want to give him a new contract. Definitely not for three years.

He hits every season running. He's a beast. He also falls off massively in the second half. We blow up our wage structure to get around a half to two thirds of a season with him at the required level for him to work in the season. Perhaps we can manage his minutes, but I don't see him being ok with that. I don't give a fuck about our wages but our cheap owners do.

My opinion on Salah didn't change when he was playing well last season, nor when he was playing badly. Why would you base your thoughts on a player to a reaction to three games, when we've been watching him for years?

What I will say is that the way we are playing so far is more conducive to his success now that his endurance and speed have declined, and probably more conducive to most footballers who aren't crazy explosive or fast. We get runners behind him and find passes. We ask him to be the second pass in a move, rather than use him as an outlet ball and expect him to win off the dribble, or play off the shoulder.

Yep that was a blatant "im waiting on that cunt hughes to make me a contract offer" statement. Got 3 players out of contract in the summer and our owners have done nothing. Salah is still in great shape and looks after himself well. He has easily got another 2 years at the top level. Hughes should be sacked if he can't sort this shit out.
It’s criminal there has been zero talks so far.

Mo is very good at this, great time to be stoking the new contract fire. We could sling him a 300k 3 year contract and watch his form take a big dip after christmas and wonder if we did the right thing.
And he’ll continue to adapt his game and produce the same numbers for 3 more years and people will still find cause to slag him off.

Genuinely in the top 3 of our all time players and still producing at the very highest level week in week out.

Insane how any fan targets getting rid of him as a positive step forward.

He’ll be contributing at the top level for years to come and I desperately hope it’s here.

I don't want to give him a new contract. Definitely not for three years.

He hits every season running. He's a beast. He also falls off massively in the second half. We blow up our wage structure to get around a half to two thirds of a season with him at the required level for him to work in the season. Perhaps we can manage his minutes, but I don't see him being ok with that. I don't give a fuck about our wages but our cheap owners do.

My opinion on Salah didn't change when he was playing well last season, nor when he was playing badly. Why would you base your thoughts on a player to a reaction to three games, when we've been watching him for years?

What I will say is that the way we are playing so far is more conducive to his success now that his endurance and speed have declined, and probably more conducive to most footballers who aren't crazy explosive or fast. We get runners behind him and find passes. We ask him to be the second pass in a move, rather than use him as an outlet ball and expect him to win off the dribble, or play off the shoulder.
So even though we don’t need his explosive pace anymore and the style of play suits his sensational ability to pick a pass, set up goals and score them, and his the embodiment of a player who will be in super shape well into his late 30’s, you don’t think we should give him a contract?

So our arguably our greatest ever attacker who is still dominating our goal contributions shouldn’t continue with us?

Can we change the subject line to the Eqyptian Drama Queen. Would have loved to enjoy this win for a few hours before this news
Ha ha. If he wants a contract I’m glad he’s aired it.

What a performance against our biggest rivals.
He’s turned a fixture many dread into one we have all come to love after 90 mins.

We broke the record for a visiting team scoring in consecutive games at OT with 8.
Salah has done it for 7 games on the bounce.

Legend!

Ha ha. If he wants a contract I’m glad he’s aired it.

What a performance against our biggest rivals.
He’s turned a fixture many dread into one we have all come to love after 90 mins.

We broke the record for a visiting team scoring in consecutive games at OT with 8.
Salah has done it for 7 games on the bounce.

Legend!
7 on the bounce is great but for me when I saw 10 goals in his last 7 games at OT - that is even more impressive. Frankly it's amazing.

Headline in the Guardian pitched it as a plea to start contract talks rather than a notice that he's off.

I reckon they're right (not something I regularly say about the "Grauniad", but there you go). The smoke signals around it all seem to back up the idea that he'd prefer to stay, as they did last time there was a hoohah about his contract.

It’s criminal there has been zero talks so far.

It’s possibly a tactic - him talking about it suggests he possibly wants one, which MIGHT strengthen our position.

We can offer him a good wage, champions league football, a chance to win trophies and a chance to really solidly his posits one of the club & league’s greatest players.

Saudi can offer him more money, but much less prestige. There aren’t many Euro clubs that will match his wages and could match the opportunities to play champions league.

Teams that might like Salah that would please him and pay him highly

Barca
Real
PSG
Bayern

Ronaldo has become a figure of parody playing over there and the Saudi league clearly is a bit of a joke. So he’s not going there for now

7 on the bounce is great but for me when I saw 10 goals in his last 7 games at OT - that is even more impressive. Frankly it's amazing.
Considering I grew up hoping anyone would score at OT and put Murphy on a pedestal for scoring 3 winners in 3 visits, what Mo has done is simply insane. We’ll never see the likes again.

I hope it’s not his last pillage of OT.

Zero chance there's been no new talks but also zero chance there's been talks to keep him on the same salary

Back
Top Bottom