• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forwards’ race

Like you say, per minute system seems more precise, but you can’t really extrapolate from that; footballers are not some sort of algorithms who will put the ball in the net every 155 minutes or whatever regardless of circumstance.
Per minute is more precise and more useful - how do we know that? Because every football stat site out there has them, it just confuses the general public so they use games because even morons can understand that.

Of course there are far more factors that go into a player assessment and of course you can't say Player X will score every 120 mins, same as you can't say he'll score every 1.5 games, but over a season per min it is a far more valuable tool than games per goal.

You simply can't be that dense. And I know you're not.

38 games of 2 - 30 mins is still 38 games vs 38 games of 60-90 mins = 38 games. Who's going to score more? It's bloody simple.

The point is that the player that plays 2-30 mins and scores a decent amount based on minutes played, isn’t likely to score at the same rate per minute if he plays 60-90 minutes.

He’ll score more but his goals per minute ratio will drop - however, his goals per game won’t change “as much”.

The point is that the player that plays 2-30 mins and scores a decent amount based on minutes played, isn’t likely to score at the same rate per minute if he plays 60-90 minutes.

He’ll score more but his goals per minute ratio will drop - however, his goals per game won’t change “as much”.
Way too many assumptions - especially since the 60-90 mins man has also stayed on the pitch for the full 90 (assuming more goals are scored from 70 mins onwards) more often than not. Especially considering that for most subs coming on for the last 10 mins or so they blank.

Anyway we're not going to agree on this that's my final post on the subject (for today) 😛

Way too many assumptions - especially since the 60-90 mins man has also stayed on the pitch for the full 90 (assuming more goals are scored from 70 mins onwards) more often than not. Especially considering that for most subs coming on for the last 10 mins or so they blank.

Anyway we're not going to agree on this that's my final post on the subject (for today) 😛

Everything’s assumptions when looking at just raw data.

But yes… this is dull for everyone else.

Maybe we just agree to use both stats without opining which is better and let everyone else make up their own mind.

I hate that pens won aren’t considered assists as Jota deserves two today.

Salah continues to pad his stats with a crucial penalty.

Diaz was quiet and we didn’t see Nunez or Chiesa today.

Gakpo did well and could have scored.

Isn't penalties won it's own statistic? The pens won that aren't converted would be forgotten about.

They're not going to move it over when all these wanna do is bring out all these new stats for fans to argue over.

I don’t care; winning a penalty is always an assist in my book!

Update after Wolves:
Salah - 8 games, 5 goals (1 penalty), 4 assists
Diaz - 7 games, 5 goals, 1 assist
Jota - 7 games, 3 goals, 3 assists (one of the assists is a penalty won)
Gakpo - 8 games (2 starts), 2 goals, 1 assist

Jota and Diaz are even on 6 goal involvements each, Salah leads the pack with 9.

Why did we buy Chiesa if not to spell off Mo when he's tired or having a poor match? I don't understand how he lasted the full 90.

He’s in possession of the naked photos of Lizard Linda eating babies… the lizard overlords have compelled baldy to keep Mo on the pitch as much as possible.

This is why he hasn’t been offered a new contract yet - lizards want the negatives back as part of the new deal!!!

He’s in possession of the naked photos of Lizard Linda eating babies… the lizard overlords have compelled baldy to keep Mo on the pitch as much as possible.

This is why he hasn’t been offered a new contract yet - lizards want the negatives back as part of the new deal!!!

Makes as much sense as any other reason.

I have a feeling that Chiesa hasn't impressed in training and is still well off fitness wise.

Let's hope its fitness, although I'm surprised he was so unfit. Was he injured over pre-season?

Update after Bologna (numbers before the name indicate # of overall goal involvements):

11 Salah - 9 games, 6 goals (1 penalty), 5 assists
6 Diaz - 8 games, 5 goals, 1 assist
6 Jota - 8 games, 3 goals, 3 assists (one of the assists is a penalty won)
3 Gakpo - 9 games (2 starts), 2 goals, 1 assist
2 Nunez - 7 games (3 starts), 1 goal, 1 assist
1 Chiesa - 3 games (1 start), 0 goals, 1 assist

Back
Top Bottom