• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Everton Match Thread - Home - 20th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's the problem TBH. Stones is a good footballer and has shown it for much of the season. The problem lately has been that he's still having to play for Everton but his head's at Chelsea already. Playing for a manager who has no clue how to set up a defence doesn't help either.

He's good on the ball but his overall defending leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Thoughts:

Milner deserves a blow job.

Sakho has been impressive.

Great tackle by Lovren, stupid attempt at goal.

Lallana misses too much.

Coutinho is a genius, and was behind many of the chances we created.

Firmino hasn't been good....enough.

Lucas has done his job well in the DM roll. Plays it simple and positions himself magnificently.

Clyne, Moreno, not good.

Mignolet hasn't really been tested I think. Missed the first minute.

Origi wasn't that involved until the goal, but it was well taken.

Milner's crosses are great. Two left footed crosses two goals. Love him.

Meanwhile Luis Suarez is first player in La Liga to have a hand in 7 goals (4 goals and 3 assists) as Barca thrashed Depor 8-0. Unlucky Deportivo!

I thought Origi's running on and off the ball in the first half was terrific. He has caused havoc right across their back line.

That's balls. Lucas has been excellent. Firmino has been poor.
Firmino is not getting the ball in the right spaces to be effective. Coutinho is dropping deeper into the nice spaces and Origi is running up top. Firmino has worked hard to get open and when he does has not been given the ball.

I do think his constant movement is creating space for the others though and his closing down is helping us get the ball back more often than not.

Lucas has had a decent game to be fair...

Milner just get better with every game

Origi. We really do have a player on hands. barely in game, but his Physical presence gets us a goal and helps create space for another.. Exactly what you want from a Striker

Sakho has been beast..

That's a fucking nasty tackle, and that looks like he could be out for Villareal 🙁

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom