• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Ipswich (a) August 17th 12:30 BST

The whole kit looks like a cheap knock off version from a market stall.

The sort you used to get bullied for having in school.

My Mam spent pretty much all of 1983 telling me that O'Neills was what Umbro were called in Ireland, and that the cheap, knockoff jersey (all that she could afford for me, bless her) was just as good as the silky, sexy thing that Ronnie, Jockey, Rushie and all my heroes were wearing. Fucking heard about it in school, though... Kids are cunts.

He's a bit mouthy isn't he? Not too impressed by this, just like I wasn't too impressed by him basically just announcing himself as our manager while he was still at Feyenoord.

Not ideal, hope it's something he can curb.
He's Dutch. Any time spent with them and you'll know this is what they are like - forthright and blunt.

So it's what we can expect. If you can't take it then there's the door. I'm sure every pro has experienced much worse and see nothing in it. Fans seeing issues where there isn't one.

Oh great. Hey, this dude we hired seems to have insulted all our employees and destroyed his team's morale. Wtf gives?

It's fine, sir - he's Dutch.

Oh, he's Dutch?! Well why didn't you say! That's fiiiine, then.

I actually think it would be great if Quansah started next game with Slot giving him an immediate opportunity to right the wrong.
Hmm. Not sure. We have one of the easier starts on paper but United away is key - who do you want to start that one? They should play vs Brentford.

Hmm. Not sure. We have one of the easier starts on paper but United away is key - who do you want to start that one? They should play vs Brentford.

Fair point. I want Quansah to succeed but a fit Konate is great. Maybe that’s what’s best for next two fixtures at least.

Hyperbole.

I'm just illustrating that whether or not some fault of a person conforms to their national or other group stereotype is basically irrelevant and an invalid defence of that fault.

I think he could stand to be a little more diplomatic, at least based on the tiny sample I've got to work with. If you don't, fine. But saying I'm wrong cos he's Dutch is just silly.

I want to start the guy who gave the ball away which lead to the Bruno lob.
Who's with me?

I don’t think the game hinged on Quansah change at all, it’s a bit strange there is so much focus on it. Ipswich couldn’t keep up second half and the the attackers were able to penetrate deeper and with more precision. Salah was already having joy down the right 1st half without being better with the final ball. Szbo, Gravy and Trent were able to get forward repeatedly and the midfield held the ball better. I’m not bald dutch coach but that’s my own analysis…

Reactions: dee
I'm just illustrating that whether or not some fault of a person conforms to their national or other group stereotype is basically irrelevant and an invalid defence of that fault.

I think he could stand to be a little more diplomatic, at least based on the tiny sample I've got to work with. If you don't, fine. But saying I'm wrong cos he's Dutch is just silly.

He hardly singled out Jarrel though. He mentioned his name when asked about half time tactical changes... because he was the only sub at ht.

If you listen to it again, it's pretty innocuous and not quite "morale destroying".

I didn't say you're wrong. I said that is a national trait that I doubt would upset anyone (well maybe the odd primadonna but I'm not sure we have any of those) so I don't see any harm in mild criticism. He's clearly a Quansah fan.

I don’t think the game hinged on Quansah change at all, it’s a bit strange there is so much focus on it. Ipswich couldn’t keep up second half and the the attackers were able to penetrate deeper and with more precision. Salah was already having joy down the right 1st half without being better with the final ball. Szbo, Gravy and Trent were able to get forward repeatedly and the midfield held the ball better. I’m not bald dutch coach but that’s my own analysis…
Quansah won 50% of his duels, Konate won 75%. You can't play Slot ball without the ball.

Quansah won 50% of his duels, Konate won 75%. You can't play Slot ball without the ball.
Slot ball isn’t limited to a duel recovery, at least I hope it isn’t for our sake. There were other factors at play is my point.

Quansah did fine first half including getting his body in the way of a goal bound attempt after Virg gave away a sloppy pass, it was 0-0 at HT, no real danger of falling behind. Ibou came on, did very well and we won the game in the 2nd half after the whole team stepped up.....something we saw time and time again last season, this is football.

Arne clearly doesn't feel making a HT sub is as controversial as a lot of cry arse fannies do. Wise up.

The Dutch are straight talking. Say what they think. See Max Verstappen. With Max he will speak shit to those who are wearing their big boy pants. When it comes to others he refers to the team. I’d like Slot to have done the same today. The right line was we needed to change something so we did. We’ve even see Virgil do it. Straight honest we weren’t good enough at times. No corporate bullshit.

It did change the game. They couldn’t cope when we pushed Trent further forward. That changed our lines and they couldn’t pick us up. We ground them down and ended up chasing shadows.

No question on that. I just think he could have prepped a better answer to protect the player he subbed off. He knew the question was coming. I remember Stevie G one time saying that Rafa always used to choose the penalty taker before a game, and if the player missed then Rafa would take the blame for it to protect the player - it would be his fault for picking the wrong guy. Something similar would have been good here.
But I do think Quansah is the kind of character who is looking to improve and will take the criticism on the chin and use it to motivate himself more so hopefully no harm done.
He looked absolutely devastated when the camera panned to him. Hopefully it isn’t a total confidence killer. I’m more worried what will come from Arne when we lose!

Ha, it was your bloody post that caused the problem!

I was trying, and have been trying, to get everything ship shape on here as I anticipate having far less time to spend as I’ve got a rather challenging new job

I blame the bloody stupid forum software
If you just go back a few times on the browser you can read the thread. I just read it.

yeah, not a good look. Hopefully he will smooth that over. That level of Koeman BS will not work here, he is a young lad and needs to be coached and an arm around him.

My Mam spent pretty much all of 1983 telling me that O'Neills was what Umbro were called in Ireland, and that the cheap, knockoff jersey (all that she could afford for me, bless her) was just as good as the silky, sexy thing that Ronnie, Jockey, Rushie and all my heroes were wearing. Fucking heard about it in school, though... Kids are cunts.
I have no memory of anyone wearing replica shirts back then. I do remember wearing a plain white shirt and desperately trying to differentiate from a Leeds top by saying it was our away shirt

Back
Top Bottom