• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Everton Match Thread - Home - 20th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the worst Everton teams I can remember watching. The only surprise is we are not out of sight already !

That Everton fan from the Dortmund game is back. It's only the second time I've seen him. He's fucking fuming.

I reckon he's a lucky charm.

40 million worth of centre half outjumped on that first goal. Stones is so fucking overrated.

I don't think that's the problem TBH. Stones is a good footballer and has shown it for much of the season. The problem lately has been that he's still having to play for Everton but his head's at Chelsea already. Playing for a manager who has no clue how to set up a defence doesn't help either.

How good was Origi for the first goal? It looked simple but he out jumped 2 defenders effortlessly. No contest.

That is one of the worst Everton teams I can remember watching. The only surprise is we are not out of sight already !

Don't speak too soon. We haven't really been tested yet, and we haven't been that great, we've grown into the game as much because of Everton's shitness than us being on our game. We've dominated, but Everton have also had acres of space on the break that they've not taken advantage of. Firmino came into it a bit towards the end of the half, but he looked like he was completely muscled out of it for much of the half.

Firmino and Lucas poor. Origi not great but scored, and that's all I care about.

Milner really good. Lallana played well too.

We surely have to win this now, comfortably

giving Lallana a mention for making himself available to Milner for the give and go, good stuff

Don't speak too soon. We haven't really been tested yet, and we haven't been that great, we've grown into the game as much because of Everton's shitness than us being on our game. We've dominated, but Everton have also had acres of space on the break that they've not taken advantage of. Firmino came into it a bit towards the end of the half, but he looked like he was completely muscled out of it for much of the half.

18-3 off and 6-0 in shots on target. We've bossed it bar a few hick ups at the back. As usual mind.

Nice first half. Largely in control, bar one or two times they tried to hit us on the break.

Sakho absolutely bossing it today. Lovren has been good too.

As for Lucas, he started poorly, but improved. Having said that, it has to be said that Milner for all his amazing work rate and brilliant crossing is just not a central midfielder. There's a reason why no top manager has ever played him there consistently. His natural inclination is to go wide, and he leaves gaping holes in midfield. It's been no different today, and a better team will really punish us in such situations. But then, those crosses!

Coutinho has played well - dropping deep and trying to make the play.

Lallana - aaargh. His running off the ball is so good, and he gets into enough scoring positions to score 15 a season. Yet his finishing and shoulder strength are absolute cack. A very frustrating player.

Origi I thought has been relatively ordinary today bar the goal. Still feeling the back thing he picked up against Bournemouth?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I said though - Everton have been utter shite. Bar Sakho's brilliant goal-saving tackle. They are simply not at the races - 70% pass success rate. and 3 shots to our near 20. They are awful. That said though some of our passing in tight spots has been brilliant and that then opens up the whole pitch and is creating numerous attacking moves.

Strange how adverse Milner is to playing out wide.

His crossing has been superb and makes up the majority of his assists if not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom