• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leny Yoro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to cash-in on Konate, he's too injury prone to rely on and I don't think he would accept a back up or rotation role. I'd have Quansah as my preferred RCB from start of this season going forward.

Tell you what - if Real are willing to wait rather than pay £50m not - there’s fuck all chance they’re spending big on Trent now and not telling him to sit tight and sign on a free next year.

I think we need to cash-in on Konate, he's too injury prone to rely on and I don't think he would accept a back up or rotation role. I'd have Quansah as my preferred RCB from start of this season going forward.

Having Quansah as starter doesn’t mean we need to cash in on Konate - and he’s never given any indication that he wouldn’t accept his current role - which is he’ll play if he’s fit and playing better than the alternatives - he needs to win his place back, which was ever the case when Matip was around.

To be fair, the style Klopp plays is very demanding on our CBs. They always have to be on the front foot and try to win the ball high up, otherwise they will be chasing back due to the high line, or covering for the full backs, especially on our right.

I still remembered a game where Konate actually covered the whole right side and made 3 tackles on a couple of players on his own. Trent was still somewhere up top.

I am not sure Slot will play this way. He might give abit more protection to our CBs and they might not get injured so often. At least that's what I am hoping for because Konate is a quality defender on his day.

Well he's shite anyway so...

*Says Modo while taking a sip of "copeium"
I don't get the hype over him at all. Yes he looks promising, but not to the extent that's making him out to be the best defender in the world or something. If real madrid REALLY wanted him they would have made sure to get him. The fact they feel he's not worth the 50m price tag tells me a lot.

Which is fair. Quansah and Konate for RCB. Its the left side that need improving

Imagine being Quansah, best young defender in the PL, playing your heart out for your boyhood club after years of hard work. 15,000 a week.

Then this asshole from Bournemouth signs a kid three younger than you - in the exact same position you play - and pay him TEN times the amount. With a new Ferrari for him little sister too. And to top it all off the kid has a poster of Sergei Ramos in his locker.

Jarrell would go all Enzo Fernandez on the bus.

Imagine being Quansah, best young defender in the PL, playing your heart out for your boyhood club after years of hard work. 15,000 a week.

Then this asshole from Bournemouth signs a kid three younger than you - in the exact same position you play - and pay him TEN times the amount. With a new Ferrari for him little sister too. And to top it all off the kid has a poster of Sergei Ramos in his locker.

Jarrell would go all Enzo Fernandez on the bus.
15,000 a week. I could live with that!

I assume he'll be getting a new contract this summer

Didn’t Quansah start last season playing on the left and the only reason he’s played on the right is due to Virgil.

Is it possible that Quansah is the natural replacement for Virgil and with Yorro, that could have been our CB partnership potentially sewn up for the next decade?

Not arsed, it's early days and people on social media are flapping and calling for FSG out, etc. Pretty standard Summer then.

We rarely buy this early anyway and I guess Slot wants to assess what he has, not that he probably has much say in comings and goings anyway.

Not arsed, it's early days and people on social media are flapping and calling for FSG out, etc. Pretty standard Summer then.

We rarely buy this early anyway and I guess Slot wants to assess what he has, not that he probably has much say in comings and goings anyway.

Add to that he's 18. We've had two youths hit development issues in the last couple of seasons so that would add to the caution. Finally the salary is bat shit 150k/week OTE and a built-in guarantee of increases per year

This isn't really true. Looked back at all our transfers in Klopp's tenure, and a common theme is that we did most of our business in June or early July, and sometimes even in May.

We haven't been averse to a few late deals, but typically we've gone in and signed our main targets by June or early July.

This does seem like a very quiet window, and I think we'll get maybe 1 signing at the most

23/24

Macallister – 8th June

Szoboszlai – 3rd July

Endo – 18th August

Gravenberch – 1st September

22/23

Carvalho – 23rd May

Nunez – 13th June

21/22

Konate – 28th May

20/21 (window was 27th July-5th October due to Covid)

Tsimikas – 11th August

Thiago – 18th September

Jota – 19th September

19/20

No signings

18/19

Keita – deal done 1 year ago

Fabinho – 28th May

Shaqiri – 13th July

Alisson – 19th July

17/18

Salah – 22nd June

Robertson – 21st July

Oxlade-Chamberlain – 31st August

16/17

Matip – pre-contract agreed in Feb

Karius – 24th May

Mane – 28th June

Klavan – 20th July

Wijnaldum – 22nd July

This isn't really true. Looked back at all our transfers in Klopp's tenure, and a common theme is that we did most of our business in June or early July, and sometimes even in May.

We haven't been averse to a few late deals, but typically we've gone in and signed our main targets by June or early July.

This does seem like a very quiet window, and I think we'll get maybe 1 signing at the most

23/24

Macallister – 8th June

Szoboszlai – 3rd July

Endo – 18th August

Gravenberch – 1st September

22/23

Carvalho – 23rd May

Nunez – 13th June

21/22

Konate – 28th May

20/21 (window was 27th July-5th October due to Covid)

Tsimikas – 11th August

Thiago – 18th September

Jota – 19th September

19/20

No signings

18/19

Keita – deal done 1 year ago

Fabinho – 28th May

Shaqiri – 13th July

Alisson – 19th July

17/18

Salah – 22nd June

Robertson – 21st July

Oxlade-Chamberlain – 31st August

16/17

Matip – pre-contract agreed in Feb

Karius – 24th May

Mane – 28th June

Klavan – 20th July

Wijnaldum – 22nd July
We're toast as far as signings go. 😢

Big difference is that we have a new manager though. Most of the journos seem to think 2-3 signings, and thats probably were we'll end up.

We do usually buy early but the new manager factor means we don’t. And no way our value driven footbal director goes for Yoro man

Anyway yiu end up with the wrong players with this methods. United have been doing this for years. Once a player hits this culture they go downhill.

Sure it’s only the shit English teams that’ve made signing so far.

All the decent teams be chillin’

We praised the Edwards way of doing business and identifying players, so a bit of patience is required I guess.
62 mill for a 18 year old with 1 year left on his deal, 150k per week and 60 games in the top flight.

Yeah, Edwards computer says no.

computer-says-no-funny.gif

We praised the Edwards way of doing business and identifying players, so a bit of patience is required I guess.
62 mill for a 18 year old with 1 year left on his deal, 150k per week and 60 games in the top flight.

Yeah, Edwards computer says no.

computer-says-no-funny.gif

The deciding factor was probably a Sergio Ramos poster on his wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom