• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

He's already vice captain and VVD isnt a spring chicken. The pathway is already there, but it would need to be handed to him on merit.

Sat on the bench sulking like a petulant child and needing dressing down by the manager was not the right reaction or image to portray to the club.

Truthfully I'm not worried by anything Trent has said or done. It's really going to come down to whether he feels as though Real is an opportunity he can't pass up or whether being a one-club man here is the legacy he wants.

That and whether we'll stump up a fat wedge of weekly pay.

Doesnt sound like a Real bound player:

TAA in a recent interview with ITV:“This was a conversation I had last camp with Eze. I was on the coach down the airport and we had this conversation. I said, you know, that there’s a chance I may never win another trophy in my career again. There’s [also] a chance I win many, many more.And you’ll only know the morning after you retire. You’ll look yourself in the mirror and you’ll have a feeling of either regret or satisfaction of what you have achieved.I don’t think you can value that on trophies and medals or goals and assists; anything like that. It’s more [that] I give it absolutely everything from start to finish and I’ve put everything into it.”

He's already vice captain and VVD isnt a spring chicken. The pathway is already there, but it would need to be handed to him on merit.

Sat on the bench sulking like a petulant child and needing dressing down by the manager was not the right reaction or image to portray to the club.

My worry with Trent getting the vice-captaincy in the first place was that I wasn't convinced it had been given to him on merit. Rather like when Fowler got the armband back in the day, the decision seemed to me to have been made essentially to keep a potentially unsettled player onside, even before his little touchline strop. I get - who doesn't? - Trent's value to the side, but I'm not in favour of LFC brownnosing him or anybody else.

TAA in a recent interview with ITV:“This was a conversation I had last camp with Eze. I was on the coach down the airport and we had this conversation. I said, you know, that there’s a chance I may never win another trophy in my career again. There’s [also] a chance I win many, many more.And you’ll only know the morning after you retire. You’ll look yourself in the mirror and you’ll have a feeling of either regret or satisfaction of what you have achieved.I don’t think you can value that on trophies and medals or goals and assists; anything like that. It’s more [that] I give it absolutely everything from start to finish and I’ve put everything into it.”
Could be read either way tbh. Has he truly fulfilled everything from a footballing point of view if he stays with us?

It's a vague enough statement to either provoke red flags or calm people. It's hard to read in to.

He's also recently spoken to the ambitions of the club and how they need to match his own.

ultimatum.jpg

According to this source, the issue potentially also appears to be with him demanding to be the team captain. So that he seeks not just big money but control of the dressing room. He perhaps wants to lead the training sessions and boss other players.

His contract will not be played out in public all the while publicly pushing his demand to become the team captain. lol

Not easy for Slot. Sits down to have a talk with him and he tells him that he wants to be the team captain. It's like an ultimatum. And then he goes on and makes the same statement to reporters and makes news about it. So that more pressure is put on Slot and on the LFC. And being a local lad/player TAA has great popularity among Liverpool supporters.

Link: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../trent-alexander-arnold-admits-harsh-29983289
That is a ridiculous conclusion to come to. Of course a local Scouser would want to be captain, and he is part of the Leadership group, but he knows full well there are others ahead of him.
Trent has never come across as a trouble-maker, no way is he making those demands.

That is a ridiculous conclusion to come to. Of course a local Scouser would want to be captain, and he is part of the Leadership group, but he knows full well there are others ahead of him.
Trent has never come across as a trouble-maker, no way is he making those demands.

Yeah… I think some “people” struggle with the subtle difference between expressing a desire and making a demand.

I’m all for starting sweeps on 2 things at the minute :

1. Which of our resident crazies is going to be first to have a full on international break meltdown? Poor Binomial looks on the brink and ready to crack!!

2. What weird and whacky tangent is going enthral the site for the next 10 days or so???

My wife loves peanut butter - she eats it out of a tub with a spoon. I hate peanut butter. Good to feed birds with in winter, though

I also eat it out of the tub with a spoon.

I prefer the extra crunchy to the smooth.

If you’re really being adventurous -get some Nutella on the spoon too.

Also, just to be clear… I am not your wife.

Yep, Nutella and peanut butter. Basically Reece's.

I realised that when you mentioned Nutella - my wife is a dark chocolate freak, and I don't think there is a dark version of Nutella available, at least not in Ireland.

If not for that one small fact, I would be calling you darling and looking for a "special hug"

I bet you've got a big arse though. Peanut butter AND Nutella?!

Anyway, Trent is leaving.
It's not the first time we've heard these kinds of vague comments made by players on their last year.
It's same story every time. We overanalyse everything they say about the situation and try to find positives, but in the end they still leave.
We saw it with Macca, Emre, Owen ( although he had a year left) etc.

If we win something this season, he'll call it the perfect ending. If we don't, then he'll say that he's leaving to win shit.

I honestly don't mind that he's leaving. He's been with the club his entire life. It's not a Sterling situation. The plan is probably that he plays for them for 4 years then comes back.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's consulted Macca about it.
He'll be on the receiving end of some vitriol, but we'll forget about it after some time.

Anyway, Trent is leaving.
It's not the first time we've heard these kinds of vague comments made by players on their last year.
It's same story every time. We over analyse everything they say about the situation and try to find positives but in the end they still leave.
We saw it with Macca, Emre, Owen ( although he had a year left) etc.

If we win something this season, he'll call it the perfect ending. If we don't, then he'll say that he's leaving to win shit.

I honestly don't mind that he's leaving. He's been with the club his entire life. Its not a Sterling situation. The plan is probably that he plays for them for 4 years then comes back.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's consulted to Macca about it.
He'll be on the receiving end of some vitriol, but we'll forget about it after some time.

During co-commentary Macca has been adamant Trent will re-sign. I fear you're right with everything else but I don't think that convo has happened.

I realised that when you mentioned Nutella - my wife is a dark chocolate freak, and I don't think there is a dark version of Nutella available, at least not in Ireland.

If not for that one small fact, I would be calling you darling and looking for a "special hug"

… and I would have a migraine and point out the bins need taking out…

I bet you've got a big arse though. Peanut butter AND Nutella?!

Massive arse… but that’s more to do with the wine and beer - the peanut butter and Nutella combo happens about once a blue moon… because the missus inhales all the Nutella as soon as we get some.

Also… I rarely eat the peanut butter any more as peanuts irritate my throat and make me cough if I eat them less than about 3 hours before going to bed.

Gross and Gross. The only thing I eat out of the jar is Cournichons

That sounds like a remedy for a foot complaint l!!!

Ah… wait… it’s a fucking gerkin!!!!

I’d rather eat the foot remedy - gerkins are the worst sort of evil.

American chocolate is generally bad.
This is true. I've been to Switzerland once with a friend who grew up there. That friend wanted to buy some chocolates to bring as gifts before leaving the country. So I got a bit of a glimpse into the Swiss chocolate market. And they really have many different chocolate types that are very, very nicely made, and that are very different from what one may find elsewhere (in my experience). And they cannot be purchased anywhere else in the world (in my experience). And those chocolates were purchased in regular stores, like small supermarkets.

And that I think has to do with the control of the market, and market shares, and corporations/families that own certain markets. Switzerland, for example, is not a member of the EU. And it is not like they can easily get their chocolates into the US market. The US market is I think controlled by a couple of big Swiss chocolate companies/corporations (the extent to which they are truly Swiss I do not know) (if I would have to guess I would say that they are probably owned by Swiss-American families (or something like that)). It is very importantly a matter of not having access to the supermarket shelves in those major and important markets where huge populations reside, like in the United States.

ps What I wrote above in the second paragraph of this post is I think related to why Jurgen Klopp must* use the word "soccer" while working under the Red Bull corporation. As per his first official and self-made video following the news that he will join Red Bull in January (as far as I am informed up to the moment of having written these words).

pps As an example, this video can actually be instructive about the EU-UK relations. It should just be renamed like this: "Why the UK is (and was) in the EU." Chocolate market would qualify under the words "milk ocean":

View: https://youtu.be/ZVYqB0uTKlE

One should keep in mind that every country has a different approach to its foreign and economic policy. Switzerland is pretty unique in that regard, as many people know. They seek neutrality and that's a big reason why they stay out of the EU.

* Or is heavily instructed/controlled. Such things are never presented as "a must." They are coached differently. And Klopp is a sort of individual that very much toes the corporate line on such matters. Other managers/people would refuse things like that or would at least avoid saying both the word soccer and the word football. Klopp is very malleable in that regard. So that it is not like Klopp is some sort of an evil character in that regard. He's just like that. Malleable on such matters. Some individuals care about such things, others less so, still others are "bad" seek profit and don't give a shit about what they say, and others are "malleable" meaning that they can be influenced by the corporation. In my opinion Klopp is such. For Klopp to change this he would have to receive some sort of backlash or negative feedback about this (his use of the word soccer) and . then . he would adjust. But only if he finds the backlash/feedback to be significant and that would then also depend on the intensity/credibility/etc. of that stuff. Klopp is generally very good at adjusting like that. He would have a little bit of an emotional upheaval, which sometimes comes out in his press conferences, but then he would find a way to adjust. He would rationalize it somehow. He is very good at that. Such things over time do take a toll on him. So that he was sincere about losing energy, needing a break, etc., while deciding to break his contract at LFC. Managing LFC was taking too much of a toll on him.

Back
Top Bottom