• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

If he leaves on a free I don't think he'll ever shake the toxicity and bitterness that would surround that.
Yeah this. It's fine if you want to leave but it's the club that helped him grow to this position so to deny it a decent fee to cover his loss is selfish and ungrateful.

This is true. I've been to Switzerland once with a friend who grew up there. That friend wanted to buy some chocolates to bring as gifts before leaving the country. So I got a bit of a glimpse into the Swiss chocolate market. And they really have many different chocolate types that are very, very nicely made, and that are very different from what one may find elsewhere (in my experience). And they cannot be purchased anywhere else in the world (in my experience). And those chocolates were purchased in regular stores, like small supermarkets.

And that I think has to do with the control of the market, and market shares, and corporations/families that own certain markets. Switzerland, for example, is not a member of the EU. And it is not like they can easily get their chocolates into the US market. The US market is I think controlled by a couple of big Swiss chocolate companies/corporations (the extent to which they are truly Swiss I do not know) (if I would have to guess I would say that they are probably owned by Swiss-American families (or something like that)). It is very importantly a matter of not having access to the supermarket shelves in those major and important markets where huge populations reside, like in the United States.

ps What I wrote above in the second paragraph is I think related to why Jurgen Klopp must* use the word "soccer" while working under the Red Bull corporation.

pps As an example, this video can actually be instructive about the EU-UK relations. Chocolate market would qualify under the words "milk ocean":

View: https://youtu.be/ZVYqB0uTKlE

One should keep in mind that every country has a different approach to its foreign and economic policy. Switzerland is pretty unique in that regard, as many people know. They seek neutrality and that's a big reason why they stay out of the EU.

* Or is heavily instructed/controlled. Such things are never presented as "a must." They are coached differently. And Klopp is a sort of individual that very much toes the corporate line on such matters. Other managers/people would refuse things like that or would at least avoid saying both the word soccer and the word football. Klopp is very malleable in that regard. So that it is not like Klopp is some sort of an evil character in that regard. He's just like that. Malleable on such matters. Some individuals care about such things, others less so, still others are "bad" seek profit and don't give a shit about what they say, and others are "malleable" meaning that they can be influenced by the corporation. In my opinion Klopp is such. For Klopp to change this he would have to receive some sort of backlash or negative feedback about this (his use of the word soccer) and . then . he would adjust. Klopp is good at adjusting like that. He would have a little bit of an emotional upheaval, which sometimes comes out in his press conferences, but then he would find a way to adjust. He would rationalize it somehow. He is very good at that.

I think I prefer Moron's long posts to these dissertations.

Hands up anyone who read it? Anyone? No? Thought so.

Anyway, Trent is leaving.
It's not the first time we've heard these kinds of vague comments made by players on their last year.
It's same story every time. We over analyse everything they say about the situation and try to find positives but in the end they still leave.
We saw it with Macca, Emre, Owen ( although he had a year left) etc.

If we win something this season, he'll call it the perfect ending. If we don't, then he'll say that he's leaving to win shit.

I honestly don't mind that he's leaving. He's been with the club his entire life. Its not a Sterling situation. The plan is probably that he plays for them for 4 years then comes back.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's consulted Macca about it.
He'll be on the receiving end of some vitriol, but we'll forget about it after some time.

Nah, he's signing a new deal.

Trent leaving on a free is no fault of the player and the same goes to the others in his situation.

Even now the club has the chance to enter last ditch talks, either with the player or Madrid to look at some resolution, maybe some kind of swap deal with Brahim Diaz/Arda Guler in Jan now Carvaljal is out for the season, and have done neither.

Trent to Madrid for the last half of the season could be the difference between winning La Liga or finishing 2nd....winning the CL or finishing runners up. I doubt it but they could see it very differently.

Jesus Christ, bring on the football.
Massive arse… but that’s more to do with the wine and beer - the peanut butter and Nutella combo happens about once a blue moon… because the missus inhales all the Nutella as soon as we get some.

Also… I rarely eat the peanut butter any more as peanuts irritate my throat and make me cough if I eat them less than about 3 hours before going

Massive arse… but that’s more to do with the wine and beer - the peanut butter and Nutella combo happens about once a blue moon… because the missus inhales all the Nutella as soon as we get some.

Also… I rarely eat the peanut butter any more as peanuts irritate my throat and make me cough if I eat them less than about 3 hours before going to bed.
Bloody hell. Does she know how much sugar is in that stuff?! Yes it's delicious but once I saw the sugar content I realised it's a syrup version of diabetes!

Trent leaving on a free is no fault of the player and the same goes to the others in his situation.

Even now the club has the chance to enter last ditch talks, either with the player or Madrid to look at some resolution, maybe some kind of swap deal with Brahim Diaz/Arda Guler in Jan now Carvaljal is out for the season, and have done neither.

Trent to Madrid for the last half of the season could be the difference between winning La Liga or finishing 2nd....winning the CL or finishing runners up. I doubt it but they could see it very differently.
Isn't it? Really? There's more than enough time to sign a new contract - up until the day before his old one expires in fact. So if they don't come to an agreement it's either because he's intent on going to RM or his financial demands are outrageous.

You need to get over this 'it's all the club's fault' mentality. Of course it's not.

Isn't it? Really? There's more than enough time to sign a new contract - up until the day before his old one expires in fact. So if they don't come to an agreement it's either because he's intent on going to RM or his financial demands are outrageous.

You need to get over this 'it's all the club's fault' mentality. Of course it's not.

No not up until the day before, it doesn't work like that. Players and their agents won't just sit around "until the day before" before making a move. They don't operate like fucking Liverpool. They'll want clarity and there is a cut off point for these things.

We have a bunch of lazy, incompetent, shithouse party boys in charge of making very important decisions that'll shape the future of this club & I can tell you now with a high degree of confidence, it won't be long before we're sat right beside Chelsea and Utd as the laughing stocks.

Even if he's intent on going to Madrid, ask yourself when you think that would've crept into his thinking.....had we sorted this out long before, then we never reach this point we're at.

It takes two to reach an agreement. You long ago nailed your colours to the ludicrous idea that the club is being run by incompetents and that any apparent problem must be down to them, characteristically disregarding both the fact that some of those involved were also closely involved in the Klopp glory years and the fact that we're top of the league. If you still insist on speculating (because that's all it can be) it's far more likely that what's happening is a McMoneyman rerun in which the agent, with or without the player, is playing games to keep the club off balance until he can get his client a pre-contract with Madrid in the new year and diddle the club out of a fee so he and his client can trouser the cash instead.

I think if he leaves it'll be because this club doesn't match his ambitions, that he thinks, probably correctly, that he's already achieved most of what could be achieved at Liverpool in his career, and that he's already hit his ceiling in terms of his stature in world football here. If he hangs around he'll be lauded but also criticized against what he did when he was younger, when our team was also better, and played to his strengths. If instead he leaves, it's a new chapter, he wins a load of stuff, and things begin moving forward again.

Now, the club can and will make the argument that we are going to push for everything and compete with Real Madrid, that we're on that level. He won't believe them, and nor should he. We were, for a beautiful instant, at the very apex of european football. The club made sure to tie down all of its big stars, stars at the same point that Trent is right now. It got them to commit the very best of the remaining years of their career to the club. Then they sat on their fucking hands because there was no money left. Maybe he doesn't want to be part of that ride.

Oh, and he'll make a ton of money either way.

No not up until the day before, it doesn't work like that. Players and their agents won't just sit around "until the day before" before making a move. They don't operate like fucking Liverpool. They'll want clarity and there is a cut off point for these things.

We have a bunch of lazy, incompetent, shithouse party boys in charge of making very important decisions that'll shape the future of this club & I can tell you now with a high degree of confidence, it won't be long before we're sat right beside Chelsea and Utd as the laughing stocks.

Even if he's intent on going to Madrid, ask yourself when you think that would've crept into his thinking.....had we sorted this out long before, then we never reach this point we're at.
It must be nice to live in your simple world where everything is black or white.

It must be nice to live in your simple world where everything is black or white.

In his case it more like everything’s black… we’re constantly doomed because everyone and everything shit.

Party time at Binomial’s house… it is not.

I think if he leaves it'll be because this club doesn't match his ambitions, that he thinks, probably correctly, that he's already achieved most of what could be achieved at Liverpool in his career, and that he's already hit his ceiling in terms of his stature in world football here. If he hangs around he'll be lauded but also criticized against what he did when he was younger, when our team was also better, and played to his strengths. If instead he leaves, it's a new chapter, he wins a load of stuff, and things begin moving forward again.

Now, the club can and will make the argument that we are going to push for everything and compete with Real Madrid, that we're on that level. He won't believe them, and nor should he. We were, for a beautiful instant, at the very apex of european football. The club made sure to tie down all of its big stars, stars at the same point that Trent is right now. It got them to commit the very best of the remaining years of their career to the club. Then they sat on their fucking hands because there was no money left. Maybe he doesn't want to be part of that ride.

Oh, and he'll make a ton of money either way.

Yup. If I were Trent, I'd be very tempted to move and see what's what at a new club.

It's fucking GHERKIN with a fucking H. I can't believe @tombrown just carried on as normal. You all disgust me.
dosequis-beer.gif

Real Madrid are considering a move for Pedro Porro as well. Probably the future Spanish right back so it makes sense.

I can't think of anything. Chinese food always makes me feel sick but I like it when I'm eating it. As for horseradish I put in on everything. It's the ideal mix of heat and pickle and it makes everything better. This morning for breaky I had sourdough crumpets with mackerel pate and horseradish. I was thinking I'd never tasted anything nicer. Until the next thing.

Back
Top Bottom