• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

Cucumber… just why - what point does it serve???? (Unless it’s in raita).

Eggplant is up there too.

Don’t get me started on celery!!!! It’s the Mario Balotelli of food!!!
If you don't like raw cucumber, try it in a curry with prawns. Believe it or not you can use the rind of melons as well, Just peel the dark green outer layer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR2LNl55efE
the south indian version does look nicer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4UWcK1oL0s
Egg plant fritters and a Turkish dish call Saksuka are amazing
Celery, I agree I do not enjoy

If you don't like raw cucumber, try it in a curry with prawns. Believe it or not you can use the rind of melons as well, Just peel the dark green outer layer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR2LNl55efE
the south indian version does look nicer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4UWcK1oL0s
Egg plant fritters and a Turkish dish call Saksuka are amazing
Celery, I agree I do not enjoy

I don’t eat seafood or shellfish of any sort - so pairing Cucumber with prawns is about as exciting as an Everton end of season review DVD.

Auberigines are nice when cooked over an open flame. There's also a garlicky-aubergine dip type thing which is nice.

I can understand that it's not to everyone's taste, especially if it's not very fresh as the seeds start to develop and it goes a bit spongy.

I was knocking around Lisbon last week, went out to a nature reserve to a beach called Galapos, worth a visit. Beach is like something from a movie, surrounded by mountains and blue sea.

Had a wee restaurant on it, shared a Sea Bass that was good on a BBQ. Few boiled potatoes, green beans and carrots. Bit of butter and salt. Simple. But it was fucking amazing, the setting might have played into it.

Unless your allergic or an Observant Jew or J. Witness this makes no sense.

I just don’t like the look, smell, taste and texture of fishy things.

I suspect there’s a traumatic experience I’m blacking out that involves a dodgy fish finger.

Hard fish is the best. I could get through about 10 portions of squid/calamiri without letting up.

Something like smoked salmon on the other hand I can't digest without physically throwing up, salt and slime is a disgusting combo, no thanks.

That said I had monkfish curry at some Thai restaurant the other day and it was fucking heaven.

Our body can be quite strange with what foodstuff it can or can't accept.

I can’t even really be around people eating fish if I’m honest… I hate the smell (when there is one) that much.

I physically distance myself from the fresh fish sections in markets.

I presume I got sick eating fish in my late teens - I used to eat fish at school, but by the time If left school… nope.

I also can’t bring myself to eat lasagne at the minute l… about a year ago I got sick with food poisoning from what I think was a dodgy lasagne - haven’t been able to look at lasagne ever since.

Fucking Italians!!!!

Most fish eaten most everywhere is shit and not worth eating. Fresh fish doesn't smell fishy (excepting the oiliest of fish for the real fish perves out there like me).

I used to think I didn't like fish. Now I eat fish twice a week and it has been caught by day boats and it's unreal. My kids love fish too.

The fact that the world is being overfished so that most people can eat shit factory boat fish is sad. Those people should starve to death that I might enjoy cheaper sustainable fish.

Most fish eaten most everywhere is shit and not worth eating. Fresh fish doesn't smell fishy (excepting the oiliest of fish for the real fish perves out there like me).

I used to think I didn't like fish. Now I eat fish twice a week and it has been caught by day boats and it's unreal. My kids love fish too.

The fact that the world is being overfished so that most people can eat shit factory boat fish is sad. Those people should starve to death that I might enjoy cheaper sustainable fish.
I don't eat meat or fish but I can imagine I probably would if I lived on a farm or next to one. In the city it feels pointless

I was knocking around Lisbon last week, went out to a nature reserve to a beach called Galapos, worth a visit. Beach is like something from a movie, surrounded by mountains and blue sea.

Had a wee restaurant on it, shared a Sea Bass that was good on a BBQ. Few boiled potatoes, green beans and carrots. Bit of butter and salt. Simple. But it was fucking amazing, the setting might have played into it.
I was told that if a seas bass is for sharing it means it was caught in the wild as the sea farmed ones aren't allowed to grow that big.
I had some great fish meals in Cascais which is basically a suburb of Lisbon a couple of years ago.

This is all great craic but let's not allow this massive deflection from how fucking wrong Tom Brown and Stevie were to go unnoticed.

Absolutely!!!

However.. Vegemite is delicious!!!!

Billy Connolly used to have this routine about eating a vegemite sarnie in a hotel room in Oz and spilling some on a bedsheet, going into some detail about how suspicious it looked there. He phoned Reception and asked for someone to come and change the sheet then, when the poor staff member arrived, proceeded to lick the stuff off the sheet. History does not record what the reaction was.

Back
Top Bottom