• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

Really? I love coriander, mainly (though not only) because I'm an Indian food nut.

The herb I can't abide is tarragon. The best suggestion for using it that I've heard came from Alexei Sayle: "When I go on a journey I like to sprinkle some salt and pepper, and a touch of tarragon, on me bollocks 'coz I'm a well seasoned traveller."

That's fair comment actually. Now I think of it, my favourite coffee bar in town does nice food including a fennel and sausage patty which doesn't have much fennel in it and combines nicely with other stuff.

People taste coriander differently.

The strongest-linked variant lies within a cluster of olfactory-receptor genes, which influence sense of smell. One of those genes, OR6A2, encodes a receptor that is highly sensitive to aldehyde chemicals, which contribute to the flavour of coriander. This makes OR6A2 “a compelling candidate gene for the detection of the odours that give it its divisive flavour”, the researchers write.

Eriksson, who despised coriander when he first tasted the herb but now grows it in his garden, says that nearly half of Europeans have two copies of the 'soapy' variant, and of those, 15.3% said coriander tasted of soap. For comparison, 13% of Europeans had no copies of this variant, and in this group, only 11.5% of them reported the soapy taste.

Nature

Cucumber… just why - what point does it serve???? (Unless it’s in raita).

Eggplant is up there too.

Don’t get me started on celery!!!! It’s the Mario Balotelli of food!!!

It’s so bland, how can you hate it? I mean I understand not caring for it… but have you tried them in Italy in season? Totally different ballgame. And zucchini flowers are edible too and can boss if prepared well.
It's a childhood thing. I've gotten over a lot of veggies but that one just doesn't sit well with me. Honestly it doesn't taste bad, but it just a weird consistency for me. Like cooked cucumbers. It does happen that I eat it, but its because it's part of some stew or something and I can't avoid it.

Cucumber… just why - what point does it serve???? (Unless it’s in raita).

Eggplant is up there too.

Don’t get me started on celery!!!! It’s the Mario Balotelli of food!!!
In defense of cucumber and celery, I believe they are both food that it takes more calories to consume than you add by said consumption

I actually quite like both

Eggplant is aubergine, isn't it? I do like moussaka, which Woland probably thinks makes me a reality TV watcher, much like bolognese

Back
Top Bottom