• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

How is signing a mommy’s boy going to sweeten Trent leaving?
You keep saying Slot doesn’t rate him but this is wrong. He has started every game and has been consistently amonst our best players. TBH, I’m really enjoying Trent play as RB again with a little more simplicity, He seems focussed and his defending I would say has been good as anyone on that side so far.
Why are you evaluating his purely as a RB only? You are discounting his actual contribution over the past as assist maker, free kick scorer, vice captian as well as the only born scouser. BM’s highest paid player I believe is Kimmich so very compareable in terms of commercial value to the club.
If Trent was to leave then would be a disaster for the club at this stage and there is no up side to it apart from we probably shoulld accept and move on.
Btw, I don’t see Slot going back in for Zubi regardless, I think he has soiled his character card for us.
Just putting it out there, just cannot see us making a RB the highest paid player in our team (for the long term). In terms of his contributions - I think he fell away in the last 2 seasons - and yes this seasons he has been good. I also did not say that Slot does not rate him - its a question of does he rate him and the position of RB as much as we are because its TAA playing in that position.

Just putting it out there, just cannot see us making a RB the highest paid player in our team (for the long term). In terms of his contributions - I think he fell away in the last 2 seasons - and yes this seasons he has been good. I also did not say that Slot does not rate him - its a question of does he rate him and the position of RB as much as we are because its TAA playing in that position.
Pretty sure you said he didn’t rate him in the other thread related to the three out of contract players.
Regarding him falling away stats wise in last 2 seasons, that stats don’t back it up. He was our second highest both season I believe and all this from a mere RB 😉

There is no right back in world football who can influence a game from that position better than Trent does.
There are very few players in any position in world football who have his passing range and vision.
There is no-one at the club who is equally comfortable making a pass or taking a shot with his weaker foot (bug-bear of mine).
He is young, has a good injury record and is highly marketable.
Yes, he's not the best defender (but he's better than he gets credit for) and he doesn't have the skillset to dictate the tempo of a game the way someone like Kroos does, for example. So his impact on the game, though often devastating, is sporadic rather than controlling. But we have players in the middle who can set the tempo.
And that's before we get to preserving his re-sale value rather than letting him leave on a free in his peak years.
We should absolutely push the boat out to get him to renew, but I think he is realistic enough to understand that a right-back won't be the club's top earner and I don't think we'll need to go that far.

He’s not just any right back, yuh could argue he’s the best right back in the world and a generational talent entering his prime - so any offer should reflect that.

Do you think Real Madrid will offer him lower wages than he’s currently on?

He’s worth Salah money and if we don’t pay it, someone else will.

He’s not just any right back, yuh could argue he’s the best right back in the world and a generational talent entering his prime - so any offer should reflect that.

Its so refreshing to see you agree with me so often nowadays.

NB How dare you say Trent is generational and leave out CJ

Thats the problem innit ? Real will offer him a ton, especially with no transfer fee involved. I dont think wr can afford to match anything near what Real may offer.

I don't know what the hell to do about Trent. I thought his fucking ruining everyone down the right for a few years was a pretty neat trick, but I guess that got boring?

I'm pretty confident he is not a midfielder, but it seems obvious he wants to do something different. I don't see how someone who isn't always focused on defending or his defensive position can play as a deep midfielder. I think quarterback roles and getting hung up on long passes is bad football.

At the same time I'm convinced he's a brilliant footballer and he loves the club. I just think if I was not a Liverpool supporter, I might think it was best if he left.

It's going to be up to him to decide. I don't think it's going to just come down to money. Will he enjoy football more under Slot, is that enough of a refresher?

Thats the problem innit ? Real will offer him a ton, especially with no transfer fee involved. I dont think wr can afford to match anything near what Real may offer.
I think when you get to renewing players in the last year of their contracts, you have to adopt the mindset that you are essentially signing a player on a Bosman and get as close as you can to paying them what you would in those circumstances. You'd bargain it down on the basis you don't get quite the same boost in performance or commercial exploitation that you would get with an entirely new signing.
The extra premium is basically a punishment for not getting the deal done earlier. Sarah's last contract was a shorter deal than usual so it's understandable we wouldn't renew quite so soon, we've no such excuse for Trent and Virgil. But that's water under the bridge now, we just need to get them signed up.

There is no right back in world football who can influence a game from that position better than Trent does.
There are very few players in any position in world football who have his passing range and vision.
There is no-one at the club who is equally comfortable making a pass or taking a shot with his weaker foot (bug-bear of mine).
He is young, has a good injury record and is highly marketable.
Yes, he's not the best defender (but he's better than he gets credit for) and he doesn't have the skillset to dictate the tempo of a game the way someone like Kroos does, for example. So his impact on the game, though often devastating, is sporadic rather than controlling. But we have players in the middle who can set the tempo.
And that's before we get to preserving his re-sale value rather than letting him leave on a free in his peak years.
We should absolutely push the boat out to get him to renew, but I think he is realistic enough to understand that a right-back won't be the club's top earner and I don't think we'll need to go that far.
Hope you're right.

Either he wants to stay and it's just negotiations we're waiting on ... or he's already made up his mind to go. I can't see any team playing him in midfield if that's his stance so therefore it's all for money and glory (RM) if he does go.

I don't know what the hell to do about Trent. I thought his fucking ruining everyone down the right for a few years was a pretty neat trick, but I guess that got boring?

I'm pretty confident he is not a midfielder, but it seems obvious he wants to do something different. I don't see how someone who isn't always focused on defending or his defensive position can play as a deep midfielder. I think quarterback roles and getting hung up on long passes is bad football.

At the same time I'm convinced he's a brilliant footballer and he loves the club. I just think if I was not a Liverpool supporter, I might think it was best if he left.

It's going to be up to him to decide. I don't think it's going to just come down to money. Will he enjoy football more under Slot, is that enough of a refresher?
Shit man , you raped my thoughts on TAA with that post ... word for word.

@Frogfish in your post you talked about glory at RM, he can go there and do the fancy passes but as a defender at RB he wont be able to match Carvajal as an adequate replacement.

@Frogfish in your post you talked about glory at RM, he can go there and do the fancy passes but as a defender at RB he wont be able to match Carvajal as an adequate replacement.
As a defender maybe but Real fans fr

As a defender maybe but Real I think are looking for a more attacking one than Carvajal, similar to attacking Marcelo but on right side.

As a defender maybe but Real fans fr

As a defender maybe but Real I think are looking for a more attacking one when Carvajal was a sub to Marcelo. He was probably in recent history their most revered RB next to R Carlos.
what ? No, I remember Marcelo as thier LB not RB. Even if you say were true...both Marcelo and RC had more recovery pace. Trent aint slow, but he puts in a lot of effort in recovery situations.

He can want to go to real and not be a dickhead.

If he stays here I don't think he'll ever compare favorably with earlier seasons, because we played a style designed to amplify every bit of his considerable ability. That is a comparison that is being made constantly. It wouldn't be there. He'd be a difference maker in some games as he is here, but that's all that would be talked about and his stock would go up.

what ? No, I remember Marcelo as thier LB not RB. Even if you say were true...both Marcelo and RC had more recovery pace. Trent aint slow, but he puts in a lot of effort in recovery situations.
Read it again, I corrected it. I got it wrong but basic point is same. Recovery pace? Trent is fine on that but don’t see relevance here

Read it again, I corrected it. I got it wrong but basic point is same. Recovery pace? Trent is fine on that but don’t see relevance here
I dont think he is, if he had Walker level recovery or close to it, then I am pretty sure Southgate would have picked him in all games. He gets dribbled passed a lot especially last season and if he goes to Spaim pretty sure he would face many a dribbler on the wings rather than the 1-2 winger merchants.

Are we past the romanticized thinking that a local lad would sign a contract so that his club would get a fee?

Is lee carley picking him and playing him, it would be good to see what he does?
He's already said he sees him as a natural RB.

It'd be annoying to see him play 180mins in shitty nationals against shitty opposition but with Walker not called up, Trippier retired and James a permacrock, I wanna say it's not looking good.

I dont think he is, if he had Walker level recovery or close to it, then I am pretty sure Southgate would have picked him in all games. He gets dribbled passed a lot especially last season and if he goes to Spaim pretty sure he would face many a dribbler on the wings rather than the 1-2 winger merchants.
Nope, Southgate’s managerial acuman means nothing. Ok if you just want to focus just on being dribble past, how has he done so far compared to others? I bet pretty good.

He's probably the best footy player at the club so he should probs get paid in line with that. As for the new deal being record breaking, well my dudes, pay rises happen, pints aren't two quid anymore, these kids are playing an extra four CL games this season so the clubs can earn an extra forty million in TV revenue or whatever. Of course all the new deals are going to break records. It's how it is.

Also… Liverpool can afford to pay him £300k+ a week.

Way to much for an RB - sorry too much, don't get me started on DM pay either.

No it isn’t - he not just “any” RB.

What’s your preference - sign Frimpong for £50m and pay him £150k a week?

I know math isn’t your strong point… but even you see the problem, don’t you?

250K is max I would go not 300K, not for a RB. Last 2 years he has been a part time liability, yes talented, but in any 90mins are his mistakes worth waiting for a couple of glory passes.

250K is max I would go not 300K, not for a RB. Last 2 years he has been a part time liability, yes talented, but in any 90mins are his mistakes worth waiting for a couple of glory passes.

Was it not perhaps that system that left him over exposed? We'll have to see this year when we're playing a lot tighter defensive game.

English, local, one of the top 3 in the world in his position, about to enter his peak. Pay him.

No it isn’t - he not just “any” RB.

What’s your preference - sign Frimpong for £50m and pay him £150k a week?

I know math isn’t your strong point… but even you see the problem, don’t you?
Just a note - the fact that we have left his contract negotiations till this late suggests that the Club may have been not best pleased with his performances in recent seasons. I don't think they consider him worth what he thinks he is worth. Just an opinion and has nothing to do with Math.

Back
Top Bottom