• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Conte named as new Chelsea coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

HC

Very Well-Known
starts at end of season, after euros presumably .

Anyone arsed ? Is he any good ?

starts at end of season, after euros presumably .

Anyone arsed ? Is he any good ?

He's won plenty in Italy, three titles on the bounce at Juve, but then they've won it again this season under Allegri, who also won it with AC Milan, so I don't know what kind of measure that is, really.

Still, he's won stuff. That's usually a decent sign (better than never winning anything, even if it was in Italy), plus he'll get a shedload of money to spend reshaping the squad. I'd have been more concerned if they'd got Simeone, obviously.

..oh, and he's far too classy for Chelsea I would've thought as well.

91cf5254-2403-48b8-8da8-f6ba15c5e766.jpg

Not sure how to judge it really, he didn't seem to be linked seriously with any of the other big jobs, and I don't know how big of an achievement those Juve titles were - was Serie A really competitive when he won them? No idea. Think he's done ok for Italy.
Likes playing 3 at the back I read, not sure if he'll keep that up here.

He was a ballplaying winger as a player but I'm told his rep as a manager is that of a tough guy who'll take no sh!t. Be interesting to see how he deals with Terry and some of the other "big characters" (i.e.overindulged @rseholes) in that squad.

He was a ballplaying winger as a player but I'm told his rep as a manager is that of a tough guy who'll take no sh!t. Be interesting to see how he deals with Terry and some of the other "big characters" (i.e.overindulged @rseholes) in that squad.
I remember him as about the same as a player mate, hardworking, no-nonsense leader persona in central midfield.

Is Terry not finishing up at the end of the season, or did I imagine that?

I thought he was a central midfielder.

Is Terry not finishing up at the end of the season, or did I imagine that?

Chelsea have not (yet) offered him a new contract, and his current one expires at the end of the season.

To his credit, and in typical, selfless fashion, John " Captain, Leader, Legend" Terry has not made public any discussions (or lack thereof) about a possible new contract, or talked about his situation at all in the media, even when directly questioned.

Hope Terry stays on and asks some stupid questions....

When Juventus goalkeeper and club legend Gianluigi Buffon interupted the team meeting to discuss player bonuses, Conte "lost his rag."

"Shut the f*** up Gigi, What the f*** are you saying? Don’t say a word. I don’t want to see you anymore, get out of here! I would have never expect it from you, you don’t know s*** Gigi, you are the captain, you are a disappointment to me as well as all these idiots."

He's won plenty in Italy, three titles on the bounce at Juve, but then they've won it again this season under Allegri, who also won it with AC Milan, so I don't know what kind of measure that is, really.

Still, he's won stuff. That's usually a decent sign (better than never winning anything, even if it was in Italy), plus he'll get a shedload of money to spend reshaping the squad. I'd have been more concerned if they'd got Simeone, obviously.

He's also been heavily implicated in match fixing

Well, I think we can all agree that we hope he is an abject failure and they realise they should have stuck with Hiddinck.
Looks tailormade to be a disaster.

Well, I think we can all agree that we hope he is an abject failure and they realise they should have stuck with Hiddinck.
Looks tailormade to be a disaster.

Why? If he get given loads of money - which he will - and is allowed to jettison Terry and a few others, he has a decent chance to be successful. He's won trophies already, and that's a good start. His CV should command respect, even at Chelsea.

Money is the most important factor. And he'll have lots of that

But yeah, obviously I hope it's a total car-crash

Why? If he get given loads of money - which he will - and is allowed to jettison Terry and a few others, he has a decent chance to be successful. He's won trophies already, and that's a good start. His CV should command respect, even at Chelsea.

Money is the most important factor. And he'll have lots of that

But yeah, obviously I hope it's a total car-crash

I guess I just feel that that bellwhiff of a club, regardless of the players in the dressing room, is not designed to have a shouty disciplinarian in charge. Of course a load more expensive rent boys might help, but if he's as verabally aggressive as some seem to think then hopefully it will unravel fast.

This could get interesting...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35971018

An Italian prosecutor wants incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte to get a six-month suspended prison sentence and fine over his alleged role in a match-fixing case, according to his lawyer.
Conte, who denies any wrongdoing, is accused by prosecutors in the city of Cremona of "sporting fraud".

The case focuses on 2011, when he was in charge of Siena in Serie B.

The 46-year-old former Juventus boss will become Chelsea head coach after managing Italy at Euro 2016.

Conte has already served a ban imposed by the Italian soccer federation in connection with the 2011 case.

Prosecutor Roberto di Martino has cited a match against Albino Leffe, claiming Conte knew of match-fixing efforts. He requested the sentence and 8,000 euro fine in a closed-doors hearing in Cremona on Tuesday.

Conte's lawyer, Leonardo Cammarata, said the defence is due to make its final statement to the court on 11 April and a verdict is due in mid-May.
A Chelsea spokesman said the club would not comment on an ongoing investigation.

I guess I just feel that that bellwhiff of a club, regardless of the players in the dressing room, is not designed to have a shouty disciplinarian in charge. Of course a load more expensive rent boys might help, but if he's as verabally aggressive as some seem to think then hopefully it will unravel fast.

Yeah, but if he's allowed to get shut of the main whinging snakes and bring in his own players, his shouty mentalism might be more accepted. Maybe.

Yeah, but if he's allowed to get shut of the main whinging snakes and bring in his own players, his shouty mentalism might be more accepted. Maybe.

Abramovich has created a culture where if the players are dissatisfied with the manager, then the manager ends up loosing their job. Not sure if that will change.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how Conte performs without the backing of Beppe Marotta who I think is the true architect of the Juventus renaissance.

Abramovich has created a culture where if the players are dissatisfied with the manager, then the manager ends up loosing their job. Not sure if that will change.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how Conte performs without the backing of Beppe Marotta who I think is the true architect of the Juventus renaissance.
So this Beppe guy was the man with cash to bribe refs and opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom