• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top Slot secured

The new head of state will be taking his first press conference soon:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLuP9zmfl6Q

Few points -

I liked Hughes being there. He seems relaxed with the media and I'd hope he continues making appearances alongside Slot. When there is a head coach it's important the SD does face the media and doesn't lurk in the shadows.

The media need to move on from the Klopp wankfest. He had a huge personality that cannot be replaced, but it also doesn't take much to 'get' the city. Being a half decent individual who looks out for others is good enough for that. Not being a tory isn't difficult or some magical superpower. Some of the Klopp platitudes continue to get overblown. He lived in a mansion in Formby and visited the city centre 3 times in 9 years. He wasn't sweating his arse off in soup kitchens for the homeless. It can come down a notch.

There wasn't anything ground breaking said but Slot handles himself well in the deluge of Klopp questions. He clearly doesn't like set formations and values fluidity, which is fine and in keeping with modern game.

Klopp is just a super charismatic cool guy who'd get on with anyone anywhere. It's not like there was some special chemistry, they loved him in mainz and dortmund and they'll love him wherever the fuck he ends up next cos he's such a fucking dude. Arne was right to say fuck that noise I'm here to win football matches and we'll figure that stuff out later.

Body language shows a confident and composed person. Definitely a hard worker, and will demand the same from his players, everything about him just strikes me as a no-nonsense kinda guy. Now, whether he's a winner, that remains to be seen. He seems to have the hunger to excel and prove his worth. I see a bit of Pep in him too - a ruthless streak. Just a bit.

I'd like to see how he deals with adversity, like for e.g. when he has his first winless streak. Or lose 3 games in a row. That will show what he's made of.

All these talk don't faze me anymore. I want to see the real action.

PS: I still don't like the way he walks though.

Is he the replacement for Vitor Matos? I thought that's why we hired the Benfica academy coach guy already?

Is he the replacement for Vitor Matos? I thought that's why we hired the Benfica academy coach guy already?

The Benfica guy is part of the FSG structure under Edwards along with Ward & a goalkeeping coach, whose name I don't remember. These 3 guys are supposed to be working on the overall football strategy & "game model" for the multiple clubs which will be owned by FSG.

I might be wrong but Kudus seemed to be most productive when(ever) he was being coached by Heitinga.

Arne Slot is a PR manager's dream.

Probably was one of Hughes' main criteria -

"please submit an audition tape explaining the team's direction after no signings and losing the first two matches of the season. Assume that James Pearce is the interviewer"

That sounded like a GPT prompt. So, I ran it through GPT:

"Hi James, thanks for the question. It's been a tough start, no doubt about it. Not making any new signings was a strategic decision, though it might seem surprising to some. We believe in the squad we have. There's immense talent and potential here, and we’re confident that they can rise to the challenge.

Losing the first two matches isn't how we wanted to begin, but it's important to stay focused and not overreact. These early games have highlighted areas we need to improve, and we're working hard on the training ground to address them. Football is a long season, and there will be ups and downs. What matters is how we respond.

We have a great team spirit and experienced players who know what it takes to turn things around. Our fans are incredible, and their support will be crucial. We're committed to playing exciting, attacking football and bringing success back to Anfield. The belief in this group is unwavering, and I'm confident we'll see a positive response in the coming matches."

Never been his biggest fan, but he does hold the ball well but his career here has been blighted by injury

View: https://x.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1816533331330347077

I'm hopeful Curtis can finally kick on. I've thought for a while that klopp turned 10s in to 8s and weve lost creativity and spark from the midfield because of it. If half.ofnwhat Curtis says is true then we might see the best from him, Elliott, szob, Mac, etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom