• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the greatest insider knowledge coup in the history of 6cm and I'm not sensing the excitement. Teixeira is coming, and we few, we happy few, are the only ones privy to the knowledge. Watch the vids lads. Revel in them. Visualise the Brazilian brotherhood of Coutinho, Firmino and Teixeira tearing our hapless opponents to shreds.

He's stopped liking Liverpool posts on Instagram hasn't he? Take this as a sign, people.

HERETIC!!! NON BELIEVER!!!!

Bring out the instruments of purification!

spanish-inquisition2.jpg

Linky my good man, linky!
Liverpool expected to make 'late negotiation' for huge transfer target

JOHN BARNES expects Liverpool will complete 'late negotiations' for attacking midfielder Alex Teixeira.

By JAMES CAMBRIDGE
PUBLISHED: 09:32, Sat, Jan 30, 2016 | UPDATED: 09:48, Sat, Jan 30, 2016

Transer-News-Liverpool-Teixeira-639439.jpg
GETTY
John Barnes expects the Alex Teixeira deal to be finalised by deadline day
Teixeira's move to Anfield has been rumbling on all week with reports of a halt in negotiations due to Shakhtar Donetsk's transfer demands.
Express Sport understands the Reds have made two bids for the Brazilian, wight he latest standing at £28million.

98946.jpg

However, it's claimed the Ukrainian side are looking for a fee closer to £38m that Liverpool are hesitant to match.
And Barnes believes his former club are right to be 'wary', but he expects a late deal to be done.
“January is a time of rumour and hearsay, but I hope to see the Brazilian come to Anfield before Monday’s deadline," he told Titanbet.
“I’ve watched him a lot in the Champions League in recent seasons and he looks like a player who could come in and be a big part of the team for the next four to five years.
“I would be wary of matching Shakhtar Donetsk’s massive valuation of him, but I can see late negotiations between the clubs happening.”

Well, you wonder whether there might have actually been any new developments. Instead it's just you being hilarious. Again and again.

As I say, fuck off then. If something actually happens, I'm sure the news will filter out.

Tbf keni, there's fuck all else happening, so I'm not sure some joshing in here is that much of a problem, or indeed a problem at all.

Exactly, it's not as if every transfer saga in the history of 6cm hasn't resulted in a thread stuffed full of banalities and bullshit. It's all part of the deal. If it's not for you, jog on.

Although perhaps Ken flouncing in stroppily to say how he hates it all is part of the tradition too. I can't remember.

• Teixeira.jpg
Date: 29th January 2016 at 12:10 pm
Written by Alex Hams | Comments(3)

Liverpool’s hopes of landing Alex Teixeira this month may not yet be dead, according to respected Eastern European journalist, Artur Petrosyan.
The Reds have been chasing the in-form Brazilian attacker over the course of the past week, and have already had an offer of £24.5m knocked back by Shakhtar Donetsk.
And their hopes of landing the free-scoring South American – he’s netted 22 goals in 15 league matches this season – appeared to take a massive hit this morning, with the Ukrainian club’s CEO, Sergei Palkin, having claimed that only a release clause triggering offer of £53m will be enough to convince the club to sell before Monday’s transfer deadline, despite previous suggestions that their valuation sits at £39m.

In the aftermath of these comments, Petrosyan took to Twitter to question the Shakhtar chief’s stance:

“Palkin also said that Lucescu wants to keep him too. Although the manager said he has no intention to keep Teixeira against his will.
“In other words, it just proves that they’re waiting for a much improved offer from Liverpool. Somewhere between £27m (last offer) and £53m (buyout).

“And no, he didn’t sound convincing when talking about his will to keep Teixeira. They simply want more money.”
Palkin also said that Lucescu wants to keep him too. Although the manager said he has no intention to keep Teixeira against his will.

Petrosyan even went on to query the legitimacy of Palkin’s claims that Teixeira’s release clause is £53m:
“Plus, I very much doubt they put a €70m (£53m) buyout in Teixeira’s contract when he re-signed in 2013. His transfer price was around €10m (£7.6m) back then.”

Tbf keni, there's fuck all else happening, so I'm not sure some joshing in here is that much of a problem, or indeed a problem at all.

I didn't say there was (until I was told to fuck off). I simply said I don't like the thread, problem?

There is no drama.

Cool.

Still doesn't look like we're getting this fucker like.

I've not watched his YouTube videos & won't until we sign him, so I'm not that arsed.

Alex-Teixeira3.jpg

Liverpool won’t be signing Alex Teixeira this January, that much is becoming increasingly certain.
Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin announced yesterday that our bid for the 26-year-old’s services was way below anything they’d consider accepting.

Most reports, including this one by BBC Sport, suggested we offered £24.5m, but our bid was actually structured a little differently according to the Shakhtar honcho.

“Liverpool stopped after an offer of £24m and a £3m bonus,” Palkin told Ukrainian TV channel Football, as reported by Sky Sports.
“We obviously refused to accept it. This is the last number that was announced. Our position is that we do not want to sell Teixeira today.
“We will sell him only at the end of the season. We need to have some good results in the Europa League and the Ukraine championship.
“At the end of the season, we will sit down at the negotiating table. Teixeira has a compensation charge in his contract – the price is £53m.
“Please, if someone wants him – let them come and declare themselves.”
Our initial £24m offer was probably low for an attacking midfielder who’s scored 22 goals in 15 Ukrainian league games this season, but their £53m valuation is ridiculous.
Teixeira has never tested his mettle in a top European league and is uncapped by the Brazilian national side. He’s talented, but that kind of money can buy Mario Gotze or Marco Reus in the summer.
The Brazilian would have made an exciting January addition, but the club cannot be held to ransom, and although fans will be disappointed, we can understand the club’s decision that £53m is just too much of a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom