• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the song for Teixeira competition yet. Bit rusty this one, but it has merit in it's artful disregard for appropriate meter and quantity of syllables.

To the tune of 'Just another Manic Monday'

His name is Alex Teixeira
He's better than Shear-er
Love him more than a beer-a
I know it doesn't rhyme but I don't care-a

That's as far as I've got. Looking good eh?

Well, if it's any consolation, we did sort of buy a new striker this window - Firmino has 4 goals and an assist in the league this month. Let's just pretend last year never happened. We've got a great recent record with strikers bought in January - Suarez, Sturridge... Oh, Carroll is a horse, that doesn't count.

Time for the song for Teixeira competition yet. Bit rusty this one, but it has merit in it's artful disregard for appropriate meter and quantity of syllables.

His Name is Teixeira
He is from Brazil
Which is nowhere near Englaaaand
He is mates with Coutinho
but not so much with Firmino
His name is Teixeira

Reactions: C/O

After reading that I had to go back and read the "rap off or what ever you call it" thread. Legendary stuff!

It's as good as the Sturridge song.

Oh wait.

We should know that is our clue to walk away and just shut up about this transfer.

If the goal post keeps moving, then we are playing the wrong game.

Spot kingjules - well said. £25m+ is a complete gamble on him. I just don't think he has the physique to be great in the PL.

What's that got to do with his physique, moron?

Look at the midgets in the league these days - they ain't doing to well when faced with big opposition players these days are they ? - if he was 5ft10/11 then yeah maybe - also does not seem that stocky. He will get knocked off the ball too easily.

Well this is fecking dead. To think I got all excited that this time we'd crack the Ukranian market.

Remy on loan?

Look at the midgets in the league these days - they ain't doing to well when faced with big opposition players these days are they ? - if he was 5ft10/11 then yeah maybe - also does not seem that stocky. He will get knocked off the ball too easily.

Suarez. Owen. Silva. Sterling. Ozil. Cazorla. Sanchez. Mata. Hazard.

The silver linings of this failed bid:

1. We know Klopp is in the market for a top class goal-scoring AM/striker
  2. We can take those €32M and put it towards purchasing a player with much better long-term value in the summer – I'm firmly in Leroy Sane camp
  3. If we choose to go back for Alex Teixeira in the summer (somehow I think it's unlikely), he will probably cost less as he will be older and Shakhtar already publicly said they WILL sell him in the summer, so they'll have to be more realistic that time around.
The downside is that we don't have a natural goal-scorer for the next few months and that will surely cost us results. With a proper goalscorer I think we could have quite realistically won the Europa League and knocked out whoever gets 4th in the EPL (Spurs, probably) from the last CL spot. With our present collection of strikers it seems very unlikely.

Thing is, if we do go back for this guy in the summer, it'll be another six months and he'll be closer to 27 than 25.
SCM will then explode.

Suarez is 5'11'' like, but yeah...

Yes 5'11" with broad shoulders and big legs. Amazing physique and will power - a natural machine with the best anticipation I have ever seen in a player. Oh Luis - I love you !!!!

Coutinhio is small - but in quite a few games that we have lost he is been put out of the game by some big mo-fucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom