• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool legend expects Teixeira to join

Liverpool and England legend, John Barnes, says he expects the Reds to bring Alex Teixeira to the club before the window closes on Monday evening.
tex_three_3563256b.jpg

Barnes, who made 314 appearances in ten years at the club, believes his former club will be able to negotiate a deal with Shakhtar Donetsk.
Liverpool have been heaviliy linked with the Brazilian forward, however the deal has stalled over the disparity between how the two clubs value the 26-year-old.
The Reds had an initial £23 million offer knocked back by the Ukrainian club who remain adamant they will only allow Teixeira to leave for closer to £38 million.
Despite the arguments over the fee, Barnes believes the deal can, and will, be done.

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ
Barnes: “I would be wary of matching Shakhtar's massive valuation of Teixeira, but I can see late negotiations between the clubs happening.”
11:46 AM - 30 Jan 2016
Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ
Barnes: "January is a time of rumour and hearsay, but I hope to see the Teixeira come to Anfield before Monday’s deadline." #lfc

Artur Petrosyen is full of shit. Liverpool fans should remember his premature wankfest before Mkhitaryan ended up signing for Dortmund.

Artur Petrosyen is full of shit. Liverpool fans should remember his premature wankfest before Mkhitaryan ended up signing for Dortmund.
Yeh he is full of shit, but I'm still expecting a late twist in this saga, I'm not convinced we'll get him, but I think we'll have one last effort, especially after West Ham knock us out of the cup, maybe a £32million + £3million add ons bid on Sunday evening.

Yeh he is full of shit, but I'm still expecting a late twist in this saga, I'm not convinced we'll get him, but I think we'll have one last effort, especially after West Ham knock us out of the cup, maybe a £32million + £3million add ons bid on Sunday evening.

Yeah, I can see us making one more bid. Dont think it will get accepted mind

Exactly, I'm convinced we're playing the long game here, hoping that Shaktars resolve will collapse as the window approaches, it won't though, shame.

The problem is Shakhtar are tied at the top of their league and desperate to retain title ahead of Dynamo Kiev. With Teixeira being their star player one can see the incentive not to sell him at this time.

The problem is Shakhtar are tied at the top of their league and desperate to retain title ahead of Dynamo Kiev. With Teixeira being their star player one can see the incentive not to sell him at this time.
If this was the case then talks would not even go this far. They could have said no sale from the outset.

So no-one's going to tell me who this David Byrne is? Unless he actually is the chap from Talking Heads?

So no-one's going to tell me who this David Byrne is? Unless he actually is the chap from Talking Heads?

Liverpool supporter on Twitter. Doesnt tweet much but he's been one of the few worth following in a sea of gobshites and mongs claiming to know stuff.
So when he does tweet something its usually worth paying attention to. A bit of attention obvs 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom