• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not gonna happen. I checked out xhaki - he is a DM so I don't see how this will make up for not signing an attacker. I really can't see us spending 9M+ for that Spanish 29 year old grandad - its not what we do.

And then there was one. Looks like I'm going to have to strap this one on my back and bring this bad boy home on my own.
Oh dont worry, I'll be here until deadline day, holding onto the last glimmer of hope believing this is just a case of who'll blink first!

This deal was dead as soon as ayre went over there. This stinks of konoplyanka all over again. Knowing us we'll refuse to pay the asking price only to pay the exact same price in the summer.

This is not gonna happen. I checked out xhaki - he is a DM so I don't see how this will make up for not signing an attacker. I really can't see us spending 9M+ for that Spanish 29 year old grandad - its not what we do.

If he's a grandad at 29 thats prolific enough for me.

Joe Allen could.

What do you think Klopp wants from Allen ? - he could have sold him this window but on all accounts seems reluctant, yet when he does put him on - he nearly always has delivered for Klopp. The player himself does not seem bothered and I understand his contract talks have not even progressed. So I don't get Klopp in this instance.

This thread is all too much for me - I keep looking for any news for this non-capped, unproven in a major league Brazilian that you guys are all talking up in the hope that this player will have a Suarez like effect on our team. These are the times when I have been looking:-

1) On the train in the morning to work between 7-8am.
2) At the coffee shop in the morning with my double machiato and croissant
3) When my boss is away from my desk - I get me mobile out and have a quick glance.
4) Lunch time while I am munching on my food.
5) While having a shit - the tension and anticipation lets it out easier.
6) On the way back on the train.
7) At home while chatting to my wife, putting my kids to sleep all at the same time they are having a go at me for looking at my phone constantly.
8) While I am some me-time - like right now listening to question time
9) No doubt before I go to bed I will look at this for any news.

It's a fucking disgrace !!!! - I just wish we could get these signings over and done with. Even when we were banned from Europe and the years after - players would die to come to us and these nobodies out there would have to oblige. I can't help but feel with the likes of City and Chelsea these other clubs keep quoting interest from the likes of us to eventually sell to these other cunts at a higher price. Look at the Pato thing - all the news coming out from Brazil was "Liverpool" are really interested blah blah blah - then he goes to Chelsea. It's nice to know that despite our barren years - agents outside still like to use our name to get a big sale.

It's hard to negotiate with clubs when their owner is a Billionaire and you can't dazzle them with cash. We're stuck in the middle ground when it comes to transfer fees. We simply can't compete with City , Chelsea , PSG or even Utd when it comes to hard cash and Real Madrid and Barcelona have the cash as well as the prestige. Most of the time we struggle to attract players against Arsenal and Spurs.
We are then forced to pay over the odds for players that the teams we want be on a par with wouldn't touch. Who out of our rivals would have spent 32 million on Benteke or 25 Million on Lallana or even 20 million on Lovren. Players supposedly in their prime.

It's not like we haven't spent a lot of money but we pay far too much on average players and give them high wages which means we can't shift them when we realise they aren't good enough. The scouting system is laughably bad at the moment (or has been for sometime) and i fervently hope that Klopp and his staff bring fresh ideas when it comes to transfers. And some much needed pulling power wouldn't go amiss.
24 million is a hell of a lot of money for a player who isn't an international and has only done well in a league that is hardly competitive. If they insist on 39 million then we should walk away. Fuck this make a statement shit , we did that with Andy Carroll and got our fingers well and truly burned.
From the current squad if there are more than 5 players who were purchased for a reasonable fee I'd be surprised.
I know this post sounds negative but most of it is unfortunately true. Teams like Leicester, West Ham and Southampton or even Everton have proved in the last few years that you can get good players at reasonable prices but time and time again we pay over the odds for dross.
Maybe the best signing we could make would be to get a decent negotiator.
Reading this through again some of it is rambling shite but it took ages to type so fuck it I'm posting it anyway.

What do you think Klopp wants from Allen ? - he could have sold him this window but on all accounts seems reluctant, yet when he does put him on - he nearly always has delivered for Klopp. The player himself does not seem bothered and I understand his contract talks have not even progressed. So I don't get Klopp in this instance.

This thread is all too much for me - I keep looking for any news for this non-capped, unproven in a major league Brazilian that you guys are all talking up in the hope that this player will have a Suarez like effect on our team. These are the times when I have been looking:-

3) When my boss is away from my desk - I get me mobile out and have a quick glance.
7) At home while chatting to my wife, putting my kids to sleep all at the same time they are having a go at me for looking at my phone constantly.

It's a fucking disgrace !!!! - I just wish we could get these signings over and done with. Even when we were banned from Europe and the years after - players would die to come to us and these nobodies out there would have to oblige. I can't help but feel with the likes of City and Chelsea these other clubs keep quoting interest from the likes of us to eventually sell to these other cunts at a higher price. Look at the Pato thing - all the news coming out from Brazil was "Liverpool" are really interested blah blah blah - then he goes to Chelsea. It's nice to know that despite our barren years - agents outside still like to use our name to get a big sale.

You're married?

The problem is the consumer of news. The clubs are/were in negotiations which with us can drag on. 5 years ago, people did not expect hour by hour update and the sources weren't so ubiquitous and spurious that people would retweet any made up shit. I remember if I am not wrong we tried to sign a guy called Simoa, the transfer was called off when the guy was at the airport trying to get to Liverpool. The news broken by mainstream press. Just realise the club will do what it thinks is right, and the consumers of media need to readjust what they consume and how much of it they consume.

Redhorizon - you are correct, but all i have consumed is that we put a substantial bid in for this guy and now we are just playing the waiting game. I just wish this part of the game was not played out as they are from accounts on their winter break and we could do with him right now. I see no point in this and they should just say we are not going to sell its over.

The owner is a Ukrainian mobster - he doesn't blink, ever.
I believe he has had his eyelids surgically removed & a tongue extension grafted on so he can lick his eyeballs when they get dry.

Apparently Cameron was heard to scoff at him when they attended the same state dinner last year, mumbling something about "Bloody new money faux-lizards", before dismissing him with a flick of his tongue.

Redhorizon - you are correct, but all i have consumed is that we put a substantial bid in for this guy and now we are just playing the waiting game. I just wish this part of the game was not played out as they are from accounts on their winter break and we could do with him right now. I see no point in this and they should just say we are not going to sell its over.
Wow. You're that fella that pays list price for a new car.

Dude, the transfer window will shut in two days time. January, has always been a bad month for transfers. Klopp had intimated he might not get any one and was not willing to pay mickey mouse prices. The good thing about this season is we are seeing players from the reserves and academy coming through. Ojo, Kent and Teixeira will hopefully get more games under their belt as well as the young left back, Adams. Anyway, less spent now will mean more spent in Summer.

Last edited:
The gist of it is, we offered X and they want Y. The player wants to move to us because Ukraine is a bit of cold dump full of racists. They are holding out for Y amount and we have given X. That's where it stands. By summer time the pound could be a lot stronger against the Euro and we could probably pick him up cheaper. People talk about kopoloyanka (sp). The player left the club for free, Rodgers and the TC made no approach. They should have got him when he was free. Shakiri, eventually came to England for millions less than we bid for him. So if we go for a player and if he us gonna be cheaper in 5 months then we should wait. This season we have seen £30m players playing like £3m players.

The owner is a Ukrainian mobster - he doesn't blink, ever.
Probably not, but maybe he'll ease on his valuation a little, or at least give us something to work with, I'd expect it to be us that budges though, I'm kinda expecting, maybe out of hope more than anything else, us to offer a bid closer to that valuation over the weekend, it wont be the full value though, and that might not be enough.

Ridiculous demands yes, and never going to happen, but I take the fact that hes talking out when he really doesnt need to as evidence that he wants to get this deal done and is trying to force our hand.

Ridiculous demands yes, and never going to happen, but I take the fact that hes talking out when he really doesnt need to as evidence that he wants to get this deal done and is trying to force our hand.

hahahahaha you really do have a rose tint view. Mate basically he doesn't want to sell him now.....simple.

I think the ship has sailed for this one. He'll probably go elsewhere in the summer for a big fee, and be a class player. But I don't think we can hold this one against the club, it's ok taking a punt in the 5-10mill range, but you can't pay 38mill on a punt.
The only thing I'm a little disappointed with from the club is that we've not strengthened the first team in this window, when we've got quite a few problems and a lot of games left to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom