• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our transfer strategy is to load our frontline with brazilians ?

Maybe it's not a bad change from our previous one of buying Brazilian DMs and defenders and English strikers and playmakers.

Apparently our plan B in case we can't reach the deal for Teix is Nolito from Celta Vigo. Good player, kind of similar to Pedro, 4 games for Spain national team, but 29 years old and never played outside of Spain. Barca and Arsenal also apparently are considering him. Didn't see this coming.

Last edited:
When Sterling gave that interview with the BBC effectively want to get the fuck out of Liverpool, people were apoplectic.

Now this desperado does the same while still at Shaktar and everyone's clamouring for him?

He sounds like a bellend.
"Hypocrisy" among football fans shocker. (1) he wanted to leave us (2) he wants to come to us. (1) wrong, (2) right

Get with the tribalism & stop being "objective", "logical" and "balanced", its not like that. As you well know

"Hypocrisy" among football fans shocker. (1) he wanted to leave us (2) he wants to come to us. (1) wrong, (2) right

Get with the tribalism & stop being "objective", "logical" and "balanced", its not like that. As you well know

Ryan has this unique detatchment and perpective which most fans lack, and which he never ceases to take the opportunity to remind us about.

Besides which, most people just made jokes about puffs of smoke and 70's hair, there's hardly adoration going on at his behaviour.

giphy.gif

How can they reject a 3rd bid when we haven't even done a 2nd one yet?

[article]
07:00

Liverpool boost in Teixeira chase

The saga that shows no sign of ever ending is indeed showing no sign of ever ending with Shakhtar Donetsk reportedly rejecting a third bid from Liverpool for Alex Teixeira.
Jurgen Klopp has reportedly already seen two bids of £25m and £28m turned down by the Ukrainian giants.
Liverpool then went back and offered a fee in the region of £31m but, according to the Daily Star, have been left disappointed yet again.
A January deal for the striker is now looking increasingly unlikely with Shakhtar unwilling to let him go for under their £38m valuation.
Teixeira has pleaded with his Shakhtar to let him leave.
“It would be an honour to defend the Liverpool shirt," he said. “Yes, it’s correct I want to go there, it’s a huge club and so many great players have passed through there.
“It is frustrating but the manager and club president decided against it so now I am just waiting, trying to be patient.
“I know my agent is still attempting everything possible to help me get to Liverpool. The team received one official offer. It was rejected but I don’t know why because it was a great offer.”
[/article]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...hird-bid-rejected-for-Alex-Teixeira-live.html

The bids are all over the place.

Can none of the twitter nobheads shine any light on this from their sources ?

The player there said that the club have received one official offer.

Either the other two are fictitious, or (imo more likely) the other two are bid proposals that have been shot down in negotiations & not official bids.

Let's offer them £30m + £20m in add-ons if the following conditions are met :

- Texeria scores more the 70 goals in a season
- Liverpool win Champions league, Europa League, World Club Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Community Shield, Heineken Cup, Britain's Got Talent, Eurovision Song Contest, General Election and an Oscar for best supporting Actress all in the same season.
- Proof of aliens conducting anal probes in Alabama is found
- Everton become relevant
- a random Dinosaur is genetically cloned and immediately hired as manager of Man Utd.
- the Prime Minister of the UK is found to have had sex with a pig.
- Larne is voted European city of culture
- Lucas scores a goal from open play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom