• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky are saying a deal can't be reached and that he will be going nowhere till the summer

Sky are saying a deal can't be reached and that he will be going nowhere till the summer

Sky have been all over the place lately though. They reported a second bid rejected that has never been made.

Yeah I know but that's standard media bs during negotiations .

It's very different to going on and air and saying that's that , there will be no deal .

Unfortunately I believe they're right, however this could equally be us and Shaktar having a blinking contest, the only hope we have here is his agent is actively pushing for the deal to happen, its getting more and more unlikely by the minute though.

United had to pay £55m (or was it more) for Martial
City had to pay close to £50m for Sterling
Benteke cost £30+m

There are some very very expensive overpriced players out there but then clubs are also picking up million upon million of pounds more for the TV deals
this will push up prices for players.

The main reason we should be saying 'Na don't wana sign this guy' is cos we think he is a bit pants and not suited to our play (like many of us said re Benteke/Balotelli/Carroll).

So, curious to see if our leaders have a back-up option this time, or if it is the typical "all eggs in one basket" amateur operation again.

So, curious to see if our leaders have a back-up option this time, or if it is the typical "all eggs in one basket" amateur operation again.
Why should we?

There isn't always a viable plan B, would you rather we did what we did when missed out on Sanchez , or Costa two years ago , there's always a shit; over priced player waiting around the corner..

Sometimes it's just better to go without and regroup in the next transfer window

tbf, if they are showing zero signs of negotiation on 38m we are doing the right thing in walking away....
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced this is us holding our nerve waiting for them to give in as the window approaches and the pressure from Teixeira mounts, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Why should we?

There isn't always a viable plan B, would you rather we did what we did when missed out on Sanchez , or Costa two years ago , there's always a shit; over priced player waiting around the corner..

Sometimes it's just better to go without and regroup in the next transfer window

The potential for a plan B should at least be investigated. Wanting Sanchez and ending up with Ballotelli is amateur stuff.

Why should we?

Well, obviously, no one wants to repeat that, but that is not how it necessarily needs to be.

If our scouts were worth their salt, there would be options between the extremes of spending on shite and an actually viable, decent plan B.

This guy is literally born to play in our team: Alex Teixeira: "I've played with Coutinho since we were 10-years-old. It would be a lot of fun to play with him again." #LFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom