• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very exciting news.

Tex is a different signing from what we've grown accustomed too in recent years and here's a few reasons why I actually believe this player could be worth the big splash and then some.

1. Goals. He is all about goals. Goals. Goals. Goals. Yeah we might get annoyed with him and his lack of gegenpressing, his blind eye for team mates, his defensive headers and so on and so forth but this lad is not about all that, he's about goals. Suarez was the last one in that bracket in our team and before him Fowler/Owen. We always miss 'that' player when he's not around. Here he is, again.
  2. NOT Premiership proven. The simple fact that he has never bagged a goal in The Premiership fills me with confidence. Normally at this point in time we'd be talking up the likes of Beraninho, Vardy or a Graziano Pelle type. They are proven and well-known and we bought them when their value peaked. They will also turn out to be easy to close down for our opponents as they find it hard to make the swap to a team with more possession - and we also know that the far greater expectations that comes with our famous 'red', will instantly make them perform 47% worse. I love the fact Tex is like a virgin in terms of hitting the net in England, LFC will become his 'first' and our opponents will not know what hit them.
  3. He is one of the hottest goalscorer's on the mainland Europe outside the top leagues. Again, not unlike Suarez' when he joined. The Ukrainian league is no worse than the Dutch and their best teams (with Shakthar being no. 1) have performed better in general over the past years than say Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord. This Season his numbers are through the roof and we might get a player that simply just carries on where he left.
  4. He is a bit of a cunt - and for the last time, as with Suarez - he'll be our 'cunt'. He'll rather score than follow some 'silly' rule and though I don't think we should condone that anyone should cheat to win it certainly tells a story about his eagerness to win - or more so his sheer contempt at the prospect of loosing. I think we want a few more players in our squad who'd gladly lose an arm to avoid a loss.
I think it's difficult not to be excited about this player, and even though it's a risk, it always is when people and silly money are involved, it's one I can truly understand we are about to take.

FSG are running a business and will expect a return at some point. To say we're awash with cash I think is way off the mark. Tottenham and Arsenal have been prudent with their transfers and are both on the field and off the field healthier. I think one of the reason why Klopp was chosen as Manager is his ability to coach rough diamonds.

I think Tex and Firmino could be a mustard partnership. Work rate, movement and goals. Unfortunately, Firmino has looked best at CF.

Because it's bollocks. We spend plenty because we have deep pockets. Goalies, defenders, midfielder, attackers, stadiums etc etc we've bought and will continue to buy them all. It's about the players you choose not the amount you spend or the mistakes you've made in the past. What are the Yanks going to do?, deny their latest wunderkind manager a player he wants? They want success and will keep spending to get it.

I don't know why it's necessary to continually explain why a megalomaniac owner keeps spending but sadly you and the other needlessly parsimonius numpties keep talking as if you have a clue what drives these people and you sure as shit have no idea what resources they have.

Let them spend, what of it? If Klopp wants more players in the summer you can be sure they'll bank roll it. You have to spend to succeed, there's no way around it.

Yeah, yoi do realise *none* of that contradicts anything I said. You're a oerfect example of that mindless, stupid fan who Rosco described earlier. Question nothing, happy seal clap whenever we sign a cheque. If ignorance is bliss then you live life in cloud nine.

Yeah, yoi do realise *none* of that contradicts anything I said. You're a oerfect example of that mindless, stupid fan who Rosco described earlier. Question nothing, happy seal clap whenever we sign a cheque. If ignorance is bliss then you live life in cloud nine.

I can see your frustration, particularly in citing a Rosco opinion. By the way, we don't sign a cheque, the owners do. Which is the point. Just try not to worry, concentrate on the players contribution and not fees.

We need him before West Ham game. Clearly we have goalscoring issues from our midfielders yet again as last night proved.

Me neither. None of my sources divulged this info.

My ITK sources told me Alex Teixeira was an unused substitute for Shakhtar as they beat the Fort Lauderdale Strikers 1-0.

• Meanwhile the Shakhtar Donetsk coach Mircea Lucescu has said that Alex Teixeira won't be held at Shakhtar against his wishes.

• Shakhtar coach Lucescu: "Our president knows when it is the time for Alex Teixeira to go." #LFC

• Shakhtar coach Lucescu: "I don’t want to keep Alex Teixeira against his desire. He wants to play in a big championship." #LFC

More from Lucescu:

Mircea Lucescu ''I compare him with other players of the same age who changed [the fortunes of] a club, Di Maria for example at PSG
  • Mircea Lucescu "Teixeira can be at the same level, better even. He doesn’t get injured, and every year he gets better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom