• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's scored as many as our entire team and people don't see the point?

Blimey.
I'm asking where is he going to play, replacing whom, and why theyre top of the list to get replaced? If its goals, and goals only, why are we suddenly all 100% confident that getting them in another league transposes into guaranteed goals here? It has worked out for some and not others, but been particularly lacking in those scoring from non-#9 positions. Depay got a goal every other goal for PSV, whats he scoring for Utd 1/10? Kuyt got bag fulls, i believe we shuffled him out to right mid sharpish.

And if 30m is a guarantee of quality how come Benteke missed the memo.

I'm asking where is he going to play, replacing whom, and why theyre top of the list to get replaced? If its goals, and goals only, why are we suddenly all 100% confident that getting them in another league transposes into guaranteed goals here? It has worked out for some and not others, but been particularly lacking in those scoring from non-#9 positions. Depay got a goal every other goal for PSV, whats he scoring for Utd 1/10? Kuyt got bag fulls, i believe we shuffled him out to right mid sharpish.

He'd probably just run about at the front and smack them in.

Grezegorz Krychowiak is a very good player. Would cost his release clause which is about 32 mill £. Pretty big risk that aswell.

The polish DM playing for Sevilla
Exactly. SURELY a DM has to be if not top of the list, then somewhere near it.

As I said earlier, I totally understand if for particular priority players we have to wait for summer, but signing Teixeira either means we have a shitload of cash to spend, or some on here are going to be very VERY disappointed with Klopps priorities for change in personnel

Last edited:
There are some right miserable bastards on here. If we sign him, he'll obviously be boss.
I don't get it. I'm excited as hell after watching his Youtube compilation and will remain so until his performances at LFC prove the video was a sham. IF that is.

I don't get it. I'm excited as hell after watching his Youtube compilation and will remain so until his performances at LFC prove the video was a sham. IF that is.

I managed to watch them today.

Did you think the defending was any good ?

The polish DM playing for Sevilla

I do agree with you that Texeira is too much of a risk but not sure if I agree with your suggestion of the polish DM. Mainly because the chance of Sevilla selling anyone promising at the right value is very very low.

I never get why people talk about guarantees, as if buying player X is going to do that. There are no guarantees. It often comes down to the manager and how he utilises the player (Di Maria a perfect case in point). So we have to trust Klopp because there is absolutely no way this is not his signing.

I managed to watch them today.

Did you think the defending was any good ?
There are obviously major differences in the quality of the leagues but that isn't the point ... watch his close control, power, pace and shooting. It's very Agueroesque. I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to believe he can transport his scoring record to the PL, but I also think he will still score plenty and be a success with the amazing skill set he has demonstrated. At least thats what I'm hoping.

I never get why people talk about guarantees, as if buying player X is going to do that. There are no guarantees. It often comes down to the manager and how he utilises the player (Di Maria a perfect case in point). So we have to trust Klopp because there is absolutely no way this is not his signing.
And Im happy to do so Froggy (and am a massive massive Klopp fan). But to go by those on here youd think that simply pointing out that you dont really understand why he sees that position (where we are stocked out) is a priority, is tantamount to manic depression.

The fact that we are also getting fucking bent over in negotiations AGAIN is simply icing on the cake.

EDITED TO ADD: and youre also right, theres no such thing as guarantees....so why is everyone throwing around the lads goal scoring rate like it is one?

I do agree with you that Texeira is too much of a risk but not sure if I agree with your suggestion of the polish DM. Mainly because the chance of Sevilla selling anyone promising at the right value is very very low.

He'll cost his release clause, 32,2 mill £. Big risk to say the least.

No way it isn't his signing? Why?

He'll cost his release clause, 32,2 mill £. Big risk to say the least.

In La Liga, you have to pay the tax in addition to the release clause which is 20 to 40 percent. The actual price will be greater than 40 million.

I dont know anything about the player or the actual release clause. But I would avoid Sevilla as Del Nido often manages to get significant value for his transfers. The chances of us getting a value for money signing out of Sevilla is very very less unless there is a contract running down situation or player is out of favor.

And Im happy to do so Froggy (and am a massive massive Klopp fan). But to go by those on here youd think that simply pointing out that you dont really understand why he sees that position (where we are stocked out) is a priority, is tantamount to manic depression.

The fact that we are also getting fucking bent over in negotiations AGAIN is simply icing on the cake.
Quite agree on the price. However with regard to buying an attacking player as a priority over a DM or GK (for example), someone made the point earlier with which I'm in complete agreement; Klopp may have a template he's adhering to. Maybe he'll need 7-8 players over 2 years. They may not be available now, they may not be available in the Summer, so he goes for a player that is still part of the template, though was not a high priority at this moment in time, simply because sooner or later he will become part of the plan and there is far less competition for him at this moment. It's really too early to say .. after this Summer it may make a lot more sense than it does now.

In La Liga, you have to pay the tax in addition to the release clause which is 20 to 40 percent. The actual price will be greater than 40 million.

I dont know anything about the player or the actual release clause. But I would avoid Sevilla as Del Nido often manages to get significant value for his transfers. The chances of us getting a value for money signing out of Sevilla is very very less unless there is a contract running down situation or player is out of favor.
As an aside, is that true? Tax payment is very clearly the responsibility of the selling club. In a normal transfer they can choose to add that on to their asking price to cover themselves, but I dont see how that can work in a buy-out (surely its already factored in when they come up with the buy out number in the first place)

As an aside, is that true? Tax payment is very clearly the responsibility of the selling club. In a normal transfer they can choose to add that on to their asking price to cover themselves, but I dont see how that can work in a buy-out (surely its already factored in when they come up with the buy out number in the first place)
You have to give the cash to the player to buy himself out and it counts as income. As far as I could be arsed reading about it anyway.

An article by Sid Lowe:

Miguel-Ángel Gil Marín this past week announced -- and "announced" is the word -- that Real Madrid had offered €45 million ($61M) for Atlético Madrid forward Sergio "El Kun" Aguero. He also said that Chelsea had made a huge €60M ($81M) joint bid for Aguero and Uruguayan center back Diego Godín. But don't worry, he added proudly, we said no. And that was that. That was also pretty much the point.

Soon the story appeared on the BBC in London. And soon after it appeared in the Spanish press, tagged with that favorite line, get-out clause and must be true credibility ticket rolled into one: according to sources in England. The story was made all the more real because it was backed up by quotes that were absolutely categorical. Not just any quotes, either, but quotes from Atlético's chief executive and majority shareholder -- son of the former owner Jesús Gil y Gil. And he should know.

He should indeed know. In fact, he does know. The trouble is, sometimes it's not enough to know what someone said; sometimes it's a good idea to ask why they said it. What exactly do they know? Why did they chose to "reveal" it? And are they telling the truth?

Real Madrid publicly denied that it had made a bid. Chelsea do not publicly comment on transfer stories but privately it denied it too. There was no follow-up, no second bid, no battle. Not yet, anyway.

There was also something not quite right about the claim. Aguero's official buyout clause is €45M. Which begs two questions. One, if his buyout clause is €45M why would you turn down a €45M bid? And two, how could you turn it down? After all, isn't that what a buyout clause is for? If someone offers that amount, you have no choice, right?

Right. And wrong. That's sort of how it works, but not exactly how it works.

Spain's buyout clauses have often been set up as a deterrent -- symbolic, gigantic figures to warn off suitors. Sergio Busquets has just renewed his deal with Barcelona for example and his buyout clause is now €150M ($204M). But they do also have a practical use. They form part of a legal framework and also a gentleman's agreement between clubs. Which is why the price is not always the price. Because clubs are not always gentlemanly about it.

Under the terms of that basic agreement, clubs accepted that another club which paid the buyout clause could sign a player without resistance. If it's €45M, you pay €45M and you take your player, no mess and no fuss. It is, essentially, a price set at which you say you will sell.

But you don't necessarily have to sell at that price; that agreement has a legal foundation that is a little different. At an informal level, the modus operandi has been altered since Real Madrid walked off with Luis Figo for the symbolic but just about manageable figure of 1,000M pesetas. The buyout clause remains, but the application of it is different.

Now most clubs are saying: this is the buyout clause, sure, but if you make a hostile bid, a bid that we do not welcome, we will force you to apply the clause legally. And when you apply the law legally, that is a different issue. When you apply the law legally, it is a different price.

That means one of two things, both of which increase the price. Firstly, it can mean adding the VAT at 18 percent. In the past, clubs have agreed to include VAT in the invoice for a player's transfer (which of course can be claimed back from the state). Now, if the bid is hostile, they will not. In other words, the buying club will have to pay the clause plus the 18 percent. So, Aguero's price rises from €45M to €53.1M ($72M).
The other option is for a club to simply refuse to sell -- until, that is, it is forced to. That's where the legal buyout clause kicks in, Decreto Real 1006/1985. But that decree is exactly what it says it is: a buyout clause. A player (not the club) deposits the money, the value of the buyout clause, at the Spanish league and unilaterally breaks his contract. That money, of course, would be given to him by the buying club in order to buy himself out. The problem is that as soon as that money hits his account it counts as income -- even if it is then deposited elsewhere. And so it is liable to taxation at 44 percent. In other words, the €45M is the amount left after taxation. That is to say that Aguero's overall cost is €80.2M ($109M).
The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.
All of which reinforces Gil Marín's position.

Or appears to. Because the other things buyout clauses offer clubs is protection. In a sense, they are a sleight of hand. Every player has a price, every club too. With or without a clause. When you set a buyout clause, you set a price at which you would sell a player and, just as importantly, you give yourself an excuse. When fans complain that you have let your star go, you simply respond: we couldn't do anything about it, they paid the buyout clause.
And that is the key here. Sergio Aguero recently renewed his contract with Atlético Madrid. In return for doing so, his buyout clause came down from €60M ($80M) to €45M. Fans feared that meant he was making himself more affordable for future clubs; signing a new deal might look like committing yourself to Atlético for longer but, they feared, it was actually a prelude to a departure. The same process had happened before with Fernando Torres.
It is not just about the player. Publicly, the club would never say so but the drop in the buyout clause suits it too. It offers a price -- a more reachable price -- at which other clubs know that they would negotiate while setting that price high and also providing the excuse. The trouble is, some fans started to suspect as much. Some feared that Atlético -- already seemingly in a slow but steady decline -- was preparing the ground for its best player to go.
Which is exactly why Gil Marín spoke out. Who stands to gain when a club loudly announces a huge bid -- and one it has bravely, heroically turned down? The club itself. Gil Marín.

Amid fears that Aguero was going to depart and criticism of the chief executive for preparing that departure, Gil Marín defended himself. He tried to shift any future blame elsewhere and to underline his resolve: if Aguero goes, it will not be our fault, we will fight to keep him until the law says we can fight no more. He tried to rehabilitate himself and his club in the eyes of the fans. Basically, he boasted. If the reaction from the other two clubs involved is anything to go by, it was an empty boast. A lie.
This week Miguel-Ángel Gil Marín did not so much announce that he had turned down huge bids for Sergio Aguero as announce that he will not sell the club's best player. Even though the inescapable reality is that, one day, that is exactly what he will do.

Teixeira a un paso del Liverpool
Según informa ESPN Brasil, Alex Teixeira está a un paso de firmar por el Liverpool FC, el club inglés y el Shakhtar Donetsk ya han cerrado un principio de acuerdo.
Alex Teixeira ha sido el hombre gol del Shakhtar Donetsk en los últimos tiempos. Sus buenas actuaciones en la liga ucraniana y en la Champions le han colocado como uno de los delanteros más cotizados del continente, y en objeto de deseo de varios equipos de la Premier League. El Chelsea era el gran favorito para fichar al futbolista, pero al final será el Liverpool quien logre incorporar a un jugador que aporta trabajo y sobre todo muchos goles. Todavía se desconoce el montante total de la operación, pero podría estar cerca de los 45 millones de euros.
Jurgen Klopp ha aprobado el fichaje y el jugador se incorporará en breve a su proyecto. Klopp quiere que sea la referencia en ataque de los reds y está convencido de que el futbolista tiene condiciones para triunfar en la Premier League.

Teixeira just steps from Liverpool
As reported by ESPN Brazil, Alex Teixeira is on the verge of signing for Liverpool FC, the English club and Shakhtar Donetsk they have already reached an agreement in principle.
Alex Teixeira was man Shakhtar Donetsk goal in recent times. His good performances in the Ukrainian league and the Champions have placed him as one of the most sought after strikers in the continent, and an object of desire of many teams in the Premier League. Chelsea was the favorite to sign the player, but in the end will be Liverpool who manages to incorporate a player who brings work and above all a lot of goals. The total amount of the transaction is still unknown, but could be close to 45 million euros.
Jurgen Klopp has approved the signing and the player will join the project shortly. Klopp wants the reference in attack for the Reds and is convinced that the player has conditions for success in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom