• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakthrough in negotiations.....Breakthrough in negotiations.....Breakthrough in negotiations.....Breakthrough in negotiations.....Breakthrough in negotiations.....

Liverpool are reportedly prepared to meet Shakhtar Donetsk's £38million asking price for striker Alex Teixeira - but won't pay the full price up front.
The Reds made an initial £24m approach for Brazilian Teixeira last week, only to hear of Shakhtar's valuation.
Website Football Insider claim they had a second offer of £29m for the 26-year-old rejected.
But Liverpool have not given up their pursuit and a third bid matching Shakhtar's demands is reportedly being drawn up.
The breakthrough is claimed to have come about because Liverpool will be allowed to structure their payments and will only fork out the full £38m if the player meets performance-related goals.
Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp is keen to land a striker before the close of the transfer window.
As for Teixeira, he told Brazilian newspaper Globo last week that he wanted to move to England.
“I would like to move in this transfer window and have told them [Shakhtar] that," he said.
"They have received a very good offer and they are working on a solution. But if I don’t go now then I will leave in the summer.
“After six years in Europe and with Shakhtar we are ready to move and I have spoken to my wife and daughter.
“It is my desire to move to a big league and I know that the English league is very strong.
"I am ready and I know that I will grow up a lot there.
"I am aware that two big clubs such as Liverpool and Chelsea are interested but I haven’t given my word to either of them.
“I am not ruling out other leagues but I do want to play in the Premier League. In my mind, it is the strongest in the world.
"I want a challenge and to further my career there. My aim is to move to a big club so that I can well there and get a place in the Brazil squad.
"Everyone knows that it is hard to achieve and I need to leave here to achieve that goal.”

He thinks the Premier League is the strongest in the world? Either he's stupid or he actually doesn't give a fuck where he goes as long as it's not the Ukraine.

He thinks the Premier League is the strongest in the world? Either he's stupid or he actually doesn't give a fuck where he goes as long as it's not the Ukraine.

In terms of depth, rather than the quality of its best teams, it is the strongest.

Skully and Doc Mac have been carrying the fire and flying the flag here for all of us.

I've been struck down with a bad case of Cold Feet Transferitis (CFT) but I'm sure I'll rally if I see him holding the club scarf.

I've been dragging this thread along the last 20 pages and not even a mention, my Teixeira jokes really earned me a few enemies!

Even David Byrne is confirming it now....

David Byrne ‏@DavidB_LFC 1h1 hour ago
Im expecting more positive news in the next 48hours LFC are extremely confident on this deal & Tex is already texting players at the club

Had no idea that was on. Will be worth a watch.

I would definitely watch a street fighter tournament featuring South American footballers.

I wouldn't mind a cross over with Blanka and Suarez in the final.

Last edited:
Even David Byrne is confirming it now....

David Byrne ‏@DavidB_LFC 1h1 hour ago
Im expecting more positive news in the next 48hours LFC are extremely confident on this deal & Tex is already texting players at the club

He should stick to music.

All my sources are telling me this is a done deal.....
original

In terms of players salary it is definitely the strongest, same in global coverage. Which is probably what he's most arsed about, money & getting in the national side.

I'm not as confident as Doc yet, I'd like to see one of the more reliables reporting this, but it's more encouraging that's for sure.

Can I just mention that I don't really understand this signing? I'm sure hes a very good player and everything, but how can we be being held to ransom for a player who is entirely optional/not in a priority position? ie a sort of forward, but not a striker, who can play wide, or through the middle as #10.......errrrrm, so pretty much like about 3 or 4 other players we have on our books already and are relatively recently signed.

Does that lead us to assume Klopp:

GK: Likes the keeper - is sticking with him. Therefore not a priority for transfer
Defence: According to reports deal done with Matip for summer, will try to keep one of the others as a starter (Skrtel?) with one of the others as backup so doesnt want to make a Jan signing. May try for a cheapo LB to add competition, but Brad Smith may have put a querie in his mind
Midfield: cant get who he wants, is he biding his time for summer? Surely means a bunch going out as were not exactly short of personnel - absolute frickin plethora in the AM #10 slot....
Forwards: when everyone is fit, he's happy with his options, so doesnt want to make a signing? We have so many he needs to offload before bringing more in?

If that is the case, I'm a little depressed that theres not a more significant overhaul going on/being planned.

If its not the case, why are we blowing 30m+ now on an optional extra when there'd be more pressing priorities?

Perhaps it simply means Coutinho is fucking off Spain-bound in the summer

Can I just mention that I don't really understand this signing? I'm sure hes a very good player and everything, but how can we be being held to ransom for a player who is entirely optional/not in a priority position? ie a sort of forward, but not a striker, who can play wide, or through the middle as #10.......errrrrm, so pretty much like about 3 or 4 other players we have on our books already and are relatively recently signed.

Does that lead us to assume Klopp:

GK: Likes the keeper - is sticking with him. Therefore not a priority for transfer
Defence: According to reports deal done with Matip for summer, will try to keep one of the others as a starter (Skrtel?) with one of the others as backup so doesnt want to make a Jan signing. May try for a cheapo LB to add competition, but Brad Smith may have put a querie in his mind
Midfield: cant get who he wants, is he biding his time for summer? Surely means a bunch going out as were not exactly short of personnel - absolute frickin plethora in the AM #10 slot....
Forwards: when everyone is fit, he's happy with his options, so doesnt want to make a signing? We have so many he needs to offload before bringing more in?

If that is the case, I'm a little depressed that theres not a more significant overhaul going on/being planned.

If its not the case, why are we blowing 30m+ now on an optional extra when there'd be more pressing priorities?

Perhaps it simply means Coutinho is fucking off Spain-bound in the summer

Goals are 100% a priority, he offers them, not many others in our squad do.

I'm not looking at it like that.

I think he has a fair few positions he wants players for, so has chosen a couple he definitely wants for each one.

Cos it's January the only one that's become available (assuming we don't get ter Stegen) is this guy.

Then maybe its good news and hes been given a shitload of budget.....but what are we going to get asked for when we go knocking for a position we really do need (eg Goalkeeper)?

"Fucking hell, Liverpool have paid 30m quid for an attacker who isnt a striker and who they dont really need, shall I say 60m for Heurelho Gomes"

Goals are 100% a priority, he offers them, not many others in our squad do.
Wasnt that the justification for signing Firmino (goals from non-strikers)?

Isnt it a better rationale for buying a #9 who fits the system Klopp wants to play?

Tex is very different to any of our current #10s - he is fast and direct. I can understand why we go for a player like him instead of a nominal striker; we have 4 CF's on the books (not including Balotelli) and there was not enough time to evaluate them due to injuries. Big decisions about strikers can wait until summer; meanwhile Teixeira will replace or supplement Firmino as the furthest forward attacker.

This will probably get done now but the big discussion will be the fee. We're overpaying but hopefully it will be worth it and some of the installments are based on CL qualification etc.
Important that Klopp gets his first choice target and its quite the statement of intent getting such a quality player.

Still overpaying though.

Signing Teixeira will give Lucas at least another year in the club as his personal translator.
Ponder that...
A stat for Modo.

Liverpool PL 15/16 Matches Won:
With Lucas Starting (16) - 25%
Without Lucas Starting (7) - 71.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom