• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 7m7 minutes ago
The deal for Alex Teixeira may get done soon. It will be very good for Teixeira, spectacular for Shakhtar & expensive for #LFC (ESPN Brazil)

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats 2m2 minutes ago
ESPN Brasil: The outcome of the negotiations will be amazing news for Alex Teixeira, spectacular for Shakhtar and expensive for Liverpool.

I know people are worried about us spending to much money on this guy, but really if we don't take a risk don't we just risk slipping further into midtable obscurity? We need to take a chance on some players, our past is little with us missing out on our main targets do to hard-lining over the price. To be fair, it's also littered with us overspending on dross, interesting juxtaposition.

Sorry for getting on your back mate, next time we're both at Anfield we should go to the Harry Teixeira few drinks and put this behind us.
suicide.gif

Sounds like two out of three will be happy.

Teehee.

It's entirely reasonable to think we may well just think "fuck it" and (over) pay an extraordinary amount of money for Teixeira, because:

a) It's Klopp's first "big" transfer deal - ideally you don't want to screw it up, it'd be embarrassing
b) We need more goals very badly
c) We almost always overpay anyway
d) It's a big statement and may well reassure Klopp - and also the media - that the German will be backed with enough cash to succeed, and we're serious about making Liverpool successful again

Twitter sources are saying that "Liverpool are close to wrapping up a deal" and "very likely to sign before on day's deadline" but that we "are some way apart in our valuation of the player" and "failed to agree a fee".

Twitter needs to work on its consistency, otherwise it will never be a trusted source for news.

Twitter sources are saying that "Liverpool are close to wrapping up a deal" and "very likely to sign before on day's deadline" but that we "are some way apart in our valuation of the player" and "failed to agree a fee".

Twitter needs to work on its consistency, otherwise it will never be a trusted source for news.

Its almost like its choc full of know nothing bellends

Twitter does not care

It should do, it's share price is tanking, the user base is flatlining and the advertising model isn't working.

I do love ITK Twitter accounts though. "My sources say...." or "Hearing that...."

And didnt some executives quit over the weekend ?

And didnt some executives quit over the weekend ?

Yeah. Four of their big US execs resigned. They're also the favourite whipping boy for people moaning about trolling, pack-mentality organised outrage, censorship and blah blah blah. And now some celebrities have decided to, very publicly, announce they are "leaving Twitter forever", like anyone really cares.

Stephen Fry has left it several times already.

It should do, it's share price is tanking, the user base is flatlining and the advertising model isn't working.

I do love ITK Twitter accounts though. "My sources say...." or "Hearing that...."

What does my head in more than that is when so-called ITKs just write 'Alex Teixeira' and then loads of chumps respond asking if he's heard anything. "You heard anything mate?' 'You reckon he'll sign?' 'What are the chances of us signing him?' etc etc etc.

After 25 pages I was just getting a handle on Teixeira, who I had never heard of until a few days ago, and now some cunt starts tweeting about some fucker called Sporar, who I've never heard of either.

I know people are worried about us spending to much money on this guy, but really if we don't take a risk don't we just risk slipping further into midtable obscurity? We need to take a chance on some players, our past is little with us missing out on our main targets do to hard-lining over the price. To be fair, it's also littered with us overspending on dross, interesting juxtaposition.

I was gonna say before I read that sentence.

We reek of desperation a lot of the time and just buy the wrong players.

After 25 pages I was just getting a handle on Teixeira, who I had never heard of until a few days ago, and now some cunt starts tweeting about some fucker called Sporar, who I've never heard of either.

He was actually (sort of) linked with us a few years back. He actually is a Liverpool fan.

I don't know how to pronounce his name, and now it's been going on too long and I'm afraid to ask.

I don't know how to pronounce his name, and now it's been going on too long and I'm afraid to ask.

When he signs I'm just going to call him Tex. As in "nice shooting Tex!"

This works either as a compliment or sarcasm, depending on the quality of the shot.

However, based on the repeated joke memes, and a vague understanding of Brazilian Portuguese it's a bit like "Tay-shay-ra" which can be a bit anglicised to Tuh-Sharer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom