• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Did anyone else panic and click cancel?

Signing Teixeira will give Lucas at least another year in the club as his personal translator.
Ponder that...

Quite. And while we're on the subject, given that this thread has already seen an image of the "Titanic" posted a couple of times, I thought I ought to mention the Beeb's choice of Sandi Toksvig as his replacement on "QI".

It's not ideal, but who else would be a realistic choice to fit the job spec? Which is essentially "a funny, vaguely posh, non-threatening, national treasure type, who is the idealised representation of what a thick person thinks an intelligent person looks and sounds like"

Obviously Fry is that person, but it's a very short list of possible replacements. I suppose Toskvig ticked some of those boxes, but not the funny one, sadly.

Fair comment. I guess what I'm saying is that with Fry's departure (though I'm a long way from being his greatest fan) I reckon the show's reached its sell-by date anyway.

It's not ideal, but who else would be a realistic choice to fit the job spec? Which is essentially "a funny, vaguely posh, non-threatening, national treasure type, who is the idealised representation of what a thick person thinks an intelligent person looks and sounds like"

Obviously Fry is that person, but it's a very short list of possible replacements. I suppose Toskvig ticked some of those boxes, but not the funny one, sadly.

Nor the National Treasure box. The annoying, Danish, ridiculously contrived plummy accent, and boring political aspirations boxes are all ticked though.

Fair comment. I guess what I'm saying is that with Fry's departure (though I'm a long way from being his greatest fan) I reckon the show's reached its sell-by date anyway.

Yeah, and the usual panellist criteria of a celebrity, a female, an actual comedian and Alan Davies.

When he signs I'm just going to call him Tex. As in "nice shooting Tex!"

This works either as a compliment or sarcasm, depending on the quality of the shot.

However, based on the repeated joke memes, and a vague understanding of Brazilian Portuguese it's a bit like "Tay-shay-ra" which can be a bit anglicised to Tuh-Sharer"
Wouldnt it be "Ooooooooooooooooh, Tex!" as in Superted, or am i simply showing my age as a mid/late 30s englisher who watched too much after school tv?

Anyways, lets get this bad boy done and get Benteke shipped off to Newcastle or some such for a few quid

Copa is on again this year I think. Special edition of it being held in the US with invited countries.

It sounds more like a Street Fighter II tournament than football.

Yup special centenary edition. But the question was strange in the first place since unlike the African Cup of Nations, the Copa competitions take place after the season and before the new season anyway. A couple of weeks' impact on pre-season perhaps.

Skully and Doc Mac have been carrying the fire and flying the flag here for all of us.

I've been struck down with a bad case of Cold Feet Transferitis (CFT) but I'm sure I'll rally if I see him holding the club scarf.

Copa is on again this year I think. Special edition of it being held in the US with invited countries.

It sounds more like a Street Fighter II tournament than football.

Had no idea that was on. Will be worth a watch.

I would definitely watch a street fighter tournament featuring South American footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom