• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt that the justification for signing Firmino (goals from non-strikers)?

Isnt it a better rationale for buying a #9 who fits the system Klopp wants to play?

No, we need goals from more than our strikers, Lallana, Ibe and Coutinho would at a push offer you 15 goals a season, that's just unacceptable.

I think it's more in the realm of Lallana overlaying than Caroll overpaying, but if he actually ends up anything close to his current goal record, then it won't be overpaying at all. He's certainly the kind of player that we need and are lacking, direct, fast and can score goals.

Tex is very different to any of our current #10s - he is fast and direct. I can understand why we go for a player like him instead of a nominal striker; we have 4 CF's on the books (not including Balotelli) and there was not enough time to evaluate them due to injuries. Big decisions about strikers can wait until summer; meanwhile Teixeira will replace or supplement Firmino as the furthest forward attacker.

I imagine he's being viewed as a potential striker, a bit like Suarez who previously played across the front three prior to Anfield.

The fact he can also play in behind another potential summer signing is a bonus.

Wasnt that the justification for signing Firmino (goals from non-strikers)?

Isnt it a better rationale for buying a #9 who fits the system Klopp wants to play?

I presume Sturridge and Ings are #1 and #2 for that role but both currently injured. They will have a chance to return to fitness and then a decision will be made to plan with or without Sturridge in the summer. We could use funds from a potential Benteke sale to buy a player who can fit a system in lieu of an injured Sturridge. We should have done that this summer.

Firmino, Coutinho and new guy Teix behind Sturidge would be ideal with Ings rotating. But that if obviously best case scenario.

Im not arsed either way but once again we look like a bunch of fucking mongs in the transfer market.

Tex valued by club 38m

We value him at 24m and offer it.

No 38m

Ok we will make it 28m? Pretty please.

No 38m

Tell you what, we will offer you 38m hows that? Final offer!

Ok.

Rick Parry mk2 is a blert

Why does anyone care what we pay in a transfer deal? We pay Studge 150k p.w for sitting in an executive box so why stress about someone elses cash.

Our owners are minted.

Can he play footy well and help us is all I want to find out. If this 'deal' is real, of course.

Can I just mention that I don't really understand this signing? I'm sure hes a very good player and everything, but how can we be being held to ransom for a player who is entirely optional/not in a priority position? ie a sort of forward, but not a striker, who can play wide, or through the middle as #10.......errrrrm, so pretty much like about 3 or 4 other players we have on our books already and are relatively recently signed.

Does that lead us to assume Klopp:

GK: Likes the keeper - is sticking with him. Therefore not a priority for transfer
Defence: According to reports deal done with Matip for summer, will try to keep one of the others as a starter (Skrtel?) with one of the others as backup so doesnt want to make a Jan signing. May try for a cheapo LB to add competition, but Brad Smith may have put a querie in his mind
Midfield: cant get who he wants, is he biding his time for summer? Surely means a bunch going out as were not exactly short of personnel - absolute frickin plethora in the AM #10 slot....
Forwards: when everyone is fit, he's happy with his options, so doesnt want to make a signing? We have so many he needs to offload before bringing more in?

If that is the case, I'm a little depressed that theres not a more significant overhaul going on/being planned.

If its not the case, why are we blowing 30m+ now on an optional extra when there'd be more pressing priorities?

Perhaps it simply means Coutinho is fucking off Spain-bound in the summer

He's Brazilian. He's an attacker. He's expensive.

Therefore he's a sexy signing, and our fans crave those regardless of whether they're actually good ideas.

It fulfills some need that our idiot fans have that they need to have some sort of excitement / positive emotional reaction because of a signing.

Last edited:
Why does anyone care what we pay in a transfer deal? We pay Studge 150k p.w for sitting in an executive box so why stress about someone elses cash.

Our owners are minted.

Can he play footy well and help us is all I want to find out. If this 'deal' is real, of course.

Because what we spend on this player impacts upon what we spend on other players and positions. It's not irrelevant. We're not Man City.

The bigger question is why does this need explaining every time we're about to throw a ridiculous fee at a player.

You'd think all you assholes would get behind this guy. He's already advertising our beloved internet forum.

alex-teixeira.jpg

No, we need goals from more than our strikers, Lallana, Ibe and Coutinho would at a push offer you 15 goals a season, that's just unacceptable.
So youre saying that theyre getting bombed out for not getting goals and hes a replacement for them then? If youre not, where is he playing, and instead of whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom