• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite agree on the price. However with regard to buying an attacking player as a priority over a DM or GF (for example), someone made the point earlier with which I'm in complete agreement; Klopp may have a template he's adhering to. Maybe he'll need 7-8 players over 2 years. They may not be available now, they may not be available in the Summer, so he goes for a player that is still part of the template, though was not a high priority at this moment in time, simply because sooner or later he will become part of the plan and there is far less competition for him at this moment. It's really too early to say .. after this Summer it may make a lot more sense than it does now.
I completely agree with this.

So were all back in line then - its okay that we have a broad spectrum of approval for Teixeira and some arent peeing their pants (i dont think anyones saying that he doesnt look a cracking player) as it necessitates belief in the owners fully executing a big big plan and us continuing to keep on paying over the odds (which is just a tad different from moneyball). Big love for Juergen is a given.

Another positive to this deal and to hope we pay more than 35million is that Andy Carroll will no longer be our record signing. That's a fucking piss poor record signing. Usurp his place in our record books Tex!

An article by Sid Lowe:

Miguel-Ángel Gil Marín this past week announced -- and "announced" is the word -- that Real Madrid had offered €45 million ($61M) for Atlético Madrid forward Sergio "El Kun" Aguero. He also said that Chelsea had made a huge €60M ($81M) joint bid for Aguero and Uruguayan center back Diego Godín. But don't worry, he added proudly, we said no. And that was that. That was also pretty much the point.
Amid fears that Aguero was going to depart and criticism of the chief executive for preparing that departure, Gil Marín defended himself. He tried to shift any future blame elsewhere and to underline his resolve: if Aguero goes, it will not be our fault, we will fight to keep him until the law says we can fight no more. He tried to rehabilitate himself and his club in the eyes of the fans. Basically, he boasted. If the reaction from the other two clubs involved is anything to go by, it was an empty boast. A lie.
This week Miguel-Ángel Gil Marín did not so much announce that he had turned down huge bids for Sergio Aguero as announce that he will not sell the club's best player. Even though the inescapable reality is that, one day, that is exactly what he will do.

Thats excellent - thanks for sharing. So it is the accountability for the selling club to pay tax, but sometimes they can use it to ratchet up the price if the bid is hostile due to ambiguity about the buyout clause in inception. Cunning.

There are obviously major differences in the quality of the leagues but that isn't the point ... watch his close control, power, pace and shooting. It's very Agueroesque. I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to believe he can transport his scoring record to the PL, but I also think he will still score plenty and be a success with the amazing skill set he has demonstrated. At least thats what I'm hoping.

Well to be worth 38m he kinda has to transport that record to the Premiership.

And i noticed the positives. I just dont see him getting chances like those in the videos when he's with us.

Teixeira a un paso del Liverpool
Según informa ESPN Brasil, Alex Teixeira está a un paso de firmar por el Liverpool FC, el club inglés y el Shakhtar Donetsk ya han cerrado un principio de acuerdo.
Alex Teixeira ha sido el hombre gol del Shakhtar Donetsk en los últimos tiempos. Sus buenas actuaciones en la liga ucraniana y en la Champions le han colocado como uno de los delanteros más cotizados del continente, y en objeto de deseo de varios equipos de la Premier League. El Chelsea era el gran favorito para fichar al futbolista, pero al final será el Liverpool quien logre incorporar a un jugador que aporta trabajo y sobre todo muchos goles. Todavía se desconoce el montante total de la operación, pero podría estar cerca de los 45 millones de euros.
Jurgen Klopp ha aprobado el fichaje y el jugador se incorporará en breve a su proyecto. Klopp quiere que sea la referencia en ataque de los reds y está convencido de que el futbolista tiene condiciones para triunfar en la Premier League.

Teixeira just steps from Liverpool
As reported by ESPN Brazil, Alex Teixeira is on the verge of signing for Liverpool FC, the English club and Shakhtar Donetsk they have already reached an agreement in principle.
Alex Teixeira was man Shakhtar Donetsk goal in recent times. His good performances in the Ukrainian league and the Champions have placed him as one of the most sought after strikers in the continent, and an object of desire of many teams in the Premier League. Chelsea was the favorite to sign the player, but in the end will be Liverpool who manages to incorporate a player who brings work and above all a lot of goals. The total amount of the transaction is still unknown, but could be close to 45 million euros.
Jurgen Klopp has approved the signing and the player will join the project shortly. Klopp wants the reference in attack for the Reds and is convinced that the player has conditions for success in the Premier League.
£34m plus agent fee's

And i noticed the positives. I just dont see him getting chances like those in the videos when he's with us.

Yup its all very well compiling videos of his goals, it's about time we had videos of all the misses too to assess if he is the real deal.

Yup its all very well compiling videos of his goals, it's about time we had videos of all the misses too to assess if he is the real deal.
.... and what's his bird look like. We've had a few shockers in the past

I don't think he needs as an AM to be scoring at the rate he currently is to justify that money. He's currently outscoring the best strikers in Europe. If he continued scoring at the current rate he's be worth about 3 times his fee.

Because what we spend on this player impacts upon what we spend on other players and positions. It's not irrelevant. We're not Man City.

The bigger question is why does this need explaining every time we're about to throw a ridiculous fee at a player.

Because it's bollocks. We spend plenty because we have deep pockets. Goalies, defenders, midfielder, attackers, stadiums etc etc we've bought and will continue to buy them all. It's about the players you choose not the amount you spend or the mistakes you've made in the past. What are the Yanks going to do?, deny their latest wunderkind manager a player he wants? They want success and will keep spending to get it.

I don't know why it's necessary to continually explain why a megalomaniac owner keeps spending but sadly you and the other needlessly parsimonius numpties keep talking as if you have a clue what drives these people and you sure as shit have no idea what resources they have.

Let them spend, what of it? If Klopp wants more players in the summer you can be sure they'll bank roll it. You have to spend to succeed, there's no way around it.

But they won't bankroll it. There's always a definite ceiling to the price we are willing to pay, wages we will offer, and the total amount of money available to spend factoring in player sales. Because we aren't Man City, Chelsea, Real, Bayern or Barcelona.

But they won't bankroll it. There's always a definite ceiling to the price we are willing to pay, wages we will offer, and the total amount of money available to spend factoring in player sales. Because we aren't Man City, Chelsea, Real, Bayern or Barcelona.

You and I have no idea what they have or are willing to spend.

You and I have no idea what they have or are willing to spend.

You can make an educated guess by adding up what they've spent minus what they've made through player sales. If we had unlimited funds we wouldn't have to wait until we sold players like Torres, Suarez and Sterling before making huge signings, and we wouldn't have such an ordinary squad.

You can make an educated guess by adding up what they've spent minus what they've made through player sales. If we had unlimited funds we wouldn't have to wait until we sold players like Torres, Suarez and Sterling before making huge signings, and we wouldn't have such an ordinary squad.

A guess is a guess however you spin it.

We have an ordinary squad because we made the wrong choices not because we don't spend enough.

Now the FFP stuff is dead, you watch them spend more and more.

A guess is a guess however you spin it.

We have an ordinary squad because we made the wrong choices not because we don't spend enough.

Now the FFP stuff is dead, you watch them spend more and more.

FFP made zero difference to what anyone else spent, and expecting FSG to suddenly sink 100m net into a transfer window and ignore their wage structure is simply not ever going to happen. FSG wanted it to be rigorously enforced to curb wages and spending so that they could compete and win titles without having to invest the almost limitless funds the elite clubs spent, but it didn't work out that way.

And it won't change what they spend now either

You just know we've got one eye on this transfer and the other eye on selling Benteke in the Summer. Let's hope we're not banking on a certain fee for Benteke, because alot can change by the Summer. By then we could have decided this guy is shite too.

FFP made zero difference to what anyone else spent, and expecting FSG to suddenly sink 100m net into a transfer window and ignore their wage structure is simply not ever going to happen. FSG wanted it to be rigorously enforced to curb wages and spending so that they could compete and win titles without having to invest the almost limitless funds the elite clubs spent, but it didn't work out that way.

And it won't change what they spend now either

We'll see in due course. Looks like they might be starting on the 100m nett by lumping 30m plus on a striker to go with the 32m striker they already have and the 29m 'false no.9' and so on and so on. Doesn't look like careful money management to me or "wanting to curb wages and spending". Looks like a pissing contest to me.

I think this signing signals the kind of interchangeable front 4 that is the dream, was even the dream in Rodger's brief halcyon season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom