• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how serious Chelsea's interest is, why would they be so desperate to drop £30M on a player in January, given that top 4 is out of reach? They are not short of attacking options either, only they are not performing as well as they should. Maybe they should focus on that instead of buying even more expensive players.

Beyond Chelsea and us, I don't see anyone coming close to matching Shakhtar's valuation, so if one club drops out of the auction Akhmetov will be forced to sell to the remaining one. Teixeira clearly wants to leave and if his form drops in the 2nd half of the season they won't get even £20M for him in the summer.

I wonder how serious Chelsea's interest is, why would they be so desperate to drop £30M on a player in January, given that top 4 is out of reach? They are not short of attacking options either, only they are not performing as well as they should. Maybe they should focus on that instead of buying even more expensive players.

Beyond Chelsea and us, I don't see anyone coming close to matching Shakhtar's valuation, so if one club drops out of the auction Akhmetov will be forced to sell to the remaining one. Teixeira clearly wants to leave and if his form drops in the 2nd half of the season they won't get even £20M for him in the summer.

Won't rule out Man United and their desperate burning of cash, maybe if Mourinho manages to get his way and land the job right now.

This reminds me of the Konoplyanka deal all over again. The owner of the selling club being an absolute dick and scuppering the deal.

Won't rule out Man United and their desperate burning of cash, maybe if Mourinho manages to get his way and land the job right now.

Manure won't sign anyone this summer - if they do, it's a loan - as there's a bloody good chance that LvG won't be there for next season ... unless of course they're only playing us! 🙂

I wouldn't say he's being an absolute dick. He's valued his player & is refusing to budge from that valuation.

He's just doing his job.

He's over values his player by a lot, I'm sure he paid peanuts to get him there, got 6 years service from him, let him have his dream move to the EPL. £25mill is a fair deal.

Im ok with not spending more money on a tricky limited link player.
We need major spinal surgery (GK, CB, DM, CF) not another fucking tattood arm.

I don't think he's a tippy-tappy link player Oncy. I think he's a pretty direct attacking player with a helluva scoring record. I'd like me one of those, tattoos or no.

I don't think he's a tippy-tappy link player Oncy. I think he's a pretty direct attacking player with a helluva scoring record. I'd like me one of those, tattoos or no.
He plays in the Ukraine though. Hes 26 and never had a cap. And plays in a league like Scotlands and hes at Celtic.
30m is criminal. Hes exactly the kind of player Porto and Sevilla pick up for 10m

He plays in the Ukraine though. Hes 26 and never had a cap. And plays in a league like Scotlands and hes at Celtic.
30m is criminal. Hes exactly the kind of player Porto and Sevilla pick up for 10m

That is so true. If some spanish, german or italian team came for him their valuation will be something like 20m max. It is a shit league with uncapped Brazilian player who will require special something to even get a work permit. Their valuation is bollox. Also you cannot compare us being hard when selling the likes of suarez as success here doea mean 90% chance of success in spain plus there is the issue of EPL being a strong competitor of the Spanish league.

Well, Douglas Costa went from Shaktar for 30 million euro; Fernandinho went for 34 million quid sterling. Mkhitryan went for 30 million euro from Shak too.

So all of their best players have commanded serious fees and have been pretty fucking good after moving.

Edit: and Moron agrees with ye.

Good point.
I think we are too quick to splash 30m on someone who might be good these days.
Its a big risk.
Who was the last big buy we got right? Suarez?

It seems Bayern might be in for him too.

If you think given the Willian, Costa, Mkhitryan examples bidding will start at any less than 30 million euro you're deluded.

Im not going to lie, ive never seen him play. But at 30m plus i will be happier him not signing than signing. Its got too much risk for me.

Im not going to lie, ive never seen him play. But at 30m plus i will be happier him not signing than signing. Its got too much risk for me.

Yeah, it's risky, but the other examples give a little confidence about Brazilian stars in that league.

Having done the youtube scouting minutes, I guess I'm hopeful that he might be being targeted as a pacy, suarez-lite striker and has a chance of much improving things as they stand?

Yeah, it's risky, but the other examples give a little confidence about Brazilian stars in that league.

Having done the youtube scouting minutes, I guess I'm hopeful that he might be being targeted as a pacy, suarez-lite striker and has a chance of much improving things as they stand?
Nobody couldnt improve things right now.

Given this guys size, and all - I see him more of a Sterling replacement, which makes me wonder if he is the right thing for us. Our money maybe spent better on a pacey skillful forward striker who will be more available for us than Studge.

Given this guys size, and all - I see him more of a Sterling replacement, which makes me wonder if he is the right thing for us. Our money maybe spent better on a pacey skillful forward striker who will be more available for us than Studge.

This guy has 48 goals in his last 62 games. I don't care what league that is in, it is pretty clear the guy is significantly more of a goal threat than Sterling.

So Douglas Costa, more of a Sterling type player for them, had 29 goals in 141 appearances for Shakhtar. This guy is goals.

We need goals from our attacking midfielders, this guy gives us that in abundance, it's a no brainer.

I'm not saying there is no risk, of course there is. But as has been said, Shakthar's record in scouting players from the very top drawer is second-to-none.

That sounds like "I know Liverpool are interested, but I really want to go to Chelsea"

Yeah, 'come and get me' to the Chavs.

Obviously this guy has been especially prolific over the past two seasons, but even if you look at his record over the past 7 seasons with Shakhtar his record is 73 goals in 130 games. He looks like he's worth a punt.

Yeah, 'come and get me' to the Chavs.

Obviously this guy has been especially prolific over the past two seasons, but even if you look at his record over the past 7 seasons with Shakhtar his record is 73 goals in 130 games. He looks like he's worth a punt.
Is £30m a punt?

He looks good. But Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho all ideally play in the center behind the striker. He might be better than all three but we have worse problems.

Another episode of embarrassing failure on the recruitment front then. Why fly all the way to Miami if we weren't even sure of his valuation then, I wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom