• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this:

"We have money but we are not in Disneyland and say ‘come on, take what you want." - Klopp #LFC

Klopp: "You can't just think 'We have the money, so we can throw it away'. You can sign a lot of rubbish, or you make really good decisions"

Tomorrow when we are more than likely to lose to Norwich - I am sure that all this discussion on this player will be forgotten and we will focus our mind on the more pressing concern of our league form. Of that I have no doubt, and this player will hopefully end up somewhere else with one of our rivals. I don't think much of any player from Brazil, especially after their 7-1 thrashing in the last world cup by Germany. They are just normal.

Tomorrow when we are more than likely to lose to Norwich - I am sure that all this discussion on this player will be forgotten and we will focus our mind on the more pressing concern of our league form. Of that I have no doubt, and this player will hopefully end up somewhere else with one of our rivals. I don't think much of any player from Brazil, especially after their 7-1 thrashing in the last world cup by Germany. They are just normal.
So's our manager.

I'm confident we'll beat Norwich now.

Liverpool target Alex Teixeira tells Shakhtar Donetsk he wants January move

Forward has informed Ukrainian club he is keen on move to England
‘If I don’t go now then I will leave in the summer’
2273.jpg

Liverpool target Alex Teixeira has told Shakhtar Donetsk that he would like to leave the club in January. Photograph: Efrem Lukatsky/AP

Marcus Christenson and Thiago Rabelo @m_christenson
Saturday 23 January 2016 16.20 GMT Last modified on Saturday 23 January 2016 16.30 GMT

Alex Teixeira has told Shakhtar Donetsk that he would like to leave the club in January. Liverpool made a £24.6m bid for the 26-year-old last week and are ready to improve that offer while Chelsea have also been linked with the Brazilian.

Teixeira, who is currently with Shakhtar at their training camp in Florida, told Brazilian newspaper Globo: “I would like to move in this transfer window and have told them [Shakhtar] that. They have received a very good offer and they are working on a solution. But if I don’t go now then I will leave in the summer. After six years in Europe and with Shakhtar we are ready to move and I have spoken to my wife and daughter.”

The forward has scored 22 goals for Shakhtar in 15 league games so far this season and the Ukrainian club are keen to keep him until at least this summer. They value the 26-year-old at £38m and will not let him go unless a club make a bid in that region.

Teixeira added: “It is my desire to move to a big league and I know that the English league is very strong. I am ready and I know that I will grow up a lot there. I am aware that two big clubs such as Liverpool and Chelsea are interested but I haven’t given my word to either of them.

“I am not ruling out other leagues but I do want to play in the Premier League. In my mind, it is the strongest in the world. I want a challenge and to further my career there. My aim is to move to a big club so that I can well there and get a place in the Brazil squad. Everyone knows that it is hard to achieve and I need to leave here to achieve that goal”

Although he seems like a good player, I think spending big money on this kind of player is a mistake.

1) Look how long it's taken Firmino to get used to the league (and he's a Brazilian international, unlike Tex).
2) We could use a GK, or DM, more urgently - both those will make us a more balanced, better team.

Although he seems like a good player, I think spending big money on this kind of player is a mistake.

1) Look how long it's taken Firmino to get used to the league (and he's a Brazilian international, unlike Tex).
2) We could use a GK, or DM, more urgently - both those will make us a more balanced, better team.

Are Klopps targets for those positions avaliable though?

We're not the wealthiest team out there mate - we have to be smart ... Is he a player Klopp would sign in the Summer? If yes, ok - sign him. If not, then no point whatsoever ...

I doubt this signing would happen without Klopp wanting it. The days of committee signings or manager signings are over.
I agree about the fee though, if Shakthar contiune to want 38 mill we should walk away

Liverpool's Alex Teixeira hopes diminish as Shakhtar Donetsk dig their heels in over Brazilian's valuation

The Ukrainian side are not willing to negotiate for the Brazilian striker, as the Reds look to compromise at £30million
Subscribe

Getty
Alex-Teixeira.jpg

Standing firm: Shakhtar won't lower their asking price
Liverpool's hopes of landing Alex Teixeira were receding last night after Shakhtar Donetsk refused to lower their valuation of the Brazilian striker.
Donetsk have rejected an initial £24.6million bid for the 26-year-old and made it clear that their £37.6m valuation is non-negotiable.
Liverpool are still hoping to strike a compromise deal of around £30m, which will include add-ons.
But the Ukrainian club are maintaining a hard-line stance that has brought negotiations to a stalemate.
Sunday Mirror Sport understands that Liverpool’s offer remains on the table – along with a commitment to make further payments, based on Teixeira being a success at Anfield.

Shaktar Donetsk
Alex-Teixeira.jpg

Negotiations: Liverpool are still trying to make a deal happen

A high-level insider confirmed last night: “We haven’t walked away from it, but the valuations of both clubs remain far apart.”
Donetsk believe their valuation of Teixeira will be met – either this month or in the summer.
Chelsea are also interested in a player who has scored 22 goals in 15 games for his club this season.
And Shakhtar would prefer to keep Teixeira, in the hope that he will hit the ground running after the winter break and spark a summer bidding war.

AFP/Getty
Shakhtar-Donetsk-vs-Real-Madrid.jpg

Alex Teixeira celebrates with Dentinho after scoring Shakhtar Donetsk's first goal

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is desperate to add more firepower to his squad. But Klopp accepts that the club must not be held to ransom.
Liverpool also retain an interest in landing Barcelona keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen this month – despite handing No.1 Simon Mignolet a new, long-term contract.

Action Images via Reuters / John Sibley
Norwich-City-v-Liverpool.jpg

Options: Jurgen Klopp wants to add to his striker corps

Ter Stegen wants to quit the Nou Camp because of a lack of first-team opportunities as he looks to win a place in Germany’s Euro 2016 squad.

He is Barca’s Champions League keeper and he also produced a brilliant performance as the Catalans defeated Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey in midweek.
Gallery: Liverpool win nine-goal thriller at Carrow Road

VIEW GALLERY
Norwich-City-v-Liverpool.jpg

Liverpool have been quoted £20m and there is a belief that the Merseysiders will move now rather than wait for the competition for Ter Stegen’s signature to intensify at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom