• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks good. But Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho all ideally play in the center behind the striker. He might be better than all three but we have worse problems.

Does Klopp want an out and out striker? I think he wants a front three that can interchange and score goals, but that gives way to the notion of buying an out and out striker. Maybe he'll do that to complete the three, but right now I think his idea is to have Firmino, Texeria and another. We can only assume that he's either going to buy, or the other would be one from Origi/Sturridge/Ings, it clearly isn't Benteke anyway.

It's ace that between Carroll, Lambert, Balotelli and Benteke we've spent near 100m quid on target men that we hardly used, and we've got about 20m back. Makes me feel all warm inside.

They should have just given Suarez the 80m over a few years.

Another episode of embarrassing failure on the recruitment front then. Why fly all the way to Miami if we weren't even sure of his valuation then, I wonder

Maybe we should just stop targeting players from that area of Europe, it seems there's always some connection with Chelsea when we do, the village idiot has alot of connections and it seems whenever we target a player who is playing in the Ukraine, we end up being used to force a big bid from Chelsea.

Maybe we should just stop targeting players from that area of Europe, it seems there's always some connection with Chelsea when we do, the village idiot has alot of connections and it seems whenever we target a player who is playing in the Ukraine, we end up being used to force a big bid from Chelsea.

Nah, we should still be in for them but shouldn't pin our hopes on actually landing them. The bigger a price Chelsea end up paying, the less they can spend as a result of FFP. Or at least that's how it's supposed to work if EUFA wasn't completely useless.

So we dont land him because of chelsea ? Great we should know bettet than to deal with ex- soviet nations which have most likely close connections to abrahamovich and his money laundering front named chelsea.

Alex Teixeira has agreed to personal terms with #LFC & the only issue left in the transfer is Shakhtar's decision to sell. (@FutbolUkraine)

Both Willian and Fernandiho forced their moves so maybe we'll end up getting him in the end.

Can you agree personal terms until you've discussed it with the club?

Yeah, happens lots of times I think. I believe that officially, the selling club just gives the prospective buyer permission to talk to the player, agree stuff, etc.

Unofficially, though, I think usually the prospective buyer already has a proposal that's more or less received the nod from the player before the approach to the club. 🙂

Can you agree personal terms until you've discussed it with the club?
The club have got to agree that you can talk to the other club, but they can do that before they agree a fee. Usually they don't allow it until they've agreed a fee. The fact that they've allowed it means they're serious about selling him at least, & probably explains why Ayre travelled to the US in the first place.

Of course there's usually unofficial contact which agrees an approximate wage but this is rarely spoken about since its classed as tapping up.

Yeah, happens lots of times I think. I believe that officially, the selling club just gives the prospective buyer permission to talk to the player, agree stuff, etc.

Unofficially, though, I think usually the prospective buyer already has a proposal that's more or less received the nod from the player before the approach to the club. 🙂
I should have waited, would have saved me typing it up as well!

Alex Teixeira has agreed to personal terms with #LFC & the only issue left in the transfer is Shakhtar's decision to sell. (@FutbolUkraine)

Both Willian and Fernandiho forced their moves so maybe we'll end up getting him in the end.

53%

@AndrijSiromolot
Liverpool FC made a improved offer 38,3 Mio € + add-ons for Alex Teixeira . Shakhtar rejected it too shahta.org/141073-shahter… …

I'd have thought they'd have gone for that. We came in at 24, they said 38. I suppose using traditional bartering rules you'd meet in the middle so another couple of million would do it.

Yep. I an only assume they've had a promise from Chelsea of more in the summer or he's gambling big time.
I reckon he's just gambling. There doesn't seem to be any strong interest from Chelsea, and his position is not really a priority for them anyway.

I suspect this will go the Konoplyanka way. Deal breaks down, player stays put at Shakhtar without any interest from anyone for a year. Eventually leaves on a free or something.

Yep, time to walk away.

He's commanding a fee not far off Barcelona charged for Alexis Sanchez, which is far too much for someone who hasn't kicked a ball in a decent league.

Yep, reassess. If we're willing to pay £30m for this guy, then I'm sure we can get someone younger with alot of the same qualities. Not that his age really comes into it, but I'm sure we could pick up a player who's on the rise in his early 20's for the same sort of fee.

I say we just pay for reconstructive surgery for him, fake his death, and say he's been at the academy for years now.

Much less complicated than our usual negotiation techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom