• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willian and Fernandinho got their moves to Anzi and City after forcing them through. Might happen here aswell.

Feels good to finally have a manager players want to play for:

Sky say - #Klopp is the main factor in #Teixiera deal. Player favours #LFC because of Klopp.

Yep, haven't had that feeling since good ol' Woy. He brought the latest techniques from the Swiss League - real cutting edge stuff that players would crawl over broken glass to learn.

qZR0GcC6_normal.jpg
FutbolUkraine (@FutbolUkraine)
24.01.16, 22.56
Unconfirmed: Teixeira's representatives are meeting with Shakhtar CEO Palkin and coach Mircea Lucescu at The Westin after team dinner.

Why oh why do we spunk so much money on unproven players.

He'll be under immense pressure to be amazing straight away

Why oh why do we spunk so much money on unproven players.

He'll be under immense pressure to be amazing straight away
Seriously mate? I get the whole 'We' part. I really do. - It's not really 'we' though is it. It's the club and the owners. Win some lose some regarding transfers. It's not like we can do fuck all about it - Know what I mean? They will buy or they won't. Any newbie that arrives stokes the fires of debate. I say let him come to the club and THEN slag him off. 😗

It's a bit of a silly argument. What player has ever felt that he's not under immense pressure to play well because his transfer fee was low?

Seriously mate? I get the whole 'We' part. I really do. - It's not really 'we' though is it. It's the club and the owners. Win some lose some regarding transfers. It's not like we can do fuck all about it - Know what I mean? They will buy or they won't. Any newbie that arrives stokes the fires of debate. I say let him come to the club and THEN slag him off. 😗
Without the fans the club would not exist so yes it's we for me.

Decent point by TAW. This probably explains why Shakhtar ask for so much.

=========

[...]This stance though appears to ignore a key component in any significant transfer — the wage element. We seem to know that Teixiera’s people are happy with their man earning around £45k per week. It’s a number that probably more than doubles his pay in the Ukraine.
It is also small potatoes by today’s elite player level standards. If we’re talking north of £25m for a footballer these days then it follows that he’s decent and can expect to command a very special wage contract. A deal worth £5m to £6m would not be an excessive requirement.
Over the life of a five-year arrangement, that would amount to a c.£30m investment by a buying club.
Here, then, is the rub. If Teixeira’s wage demands are going to amount to a relatively modest c.£12m over the next five years, then he represents exceptional value for a prospective new employer. So much value then (that value being the gap between £30m and £12m) that the effective discount being offered on the wage package might be rationalised as offsetable against a seemingly inflated transfer fee.
We would all see paying £25m to Shakhtar and £100k a week to the player as a par investment for a player with Teixiera’s pedigree, right ? Yet many would balk at a £40m fee and most likely pay scant attention to the £12m player remuneration contract. Yet both packages amount to around the same £50m-ish cost. One looks right, and one looks wrong. Smoke and mirrors.
Clubs are businesses that, though prone to folly, are not this stupid.
It is precisely because Teixeira’s pay demands are so modest (by mean comparable standards) that his owners feel justified in naming the eye-watering price that they have.
It is also why LFC may shock many by ultimately agreeing to a fee with a headline ceiling of around the £40m mark for a player without a full international cap.
Shakhtar may well have dealt a mortal blow to this transfer, but equally it should not come as a shock if Liverpool’s ability and willingness to meet them far more than halfway materialises and that this one does actually get over the line by the end of next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom