• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll offer about 32 million as a final 'take it or leave it'. Can't see us going beyond that.

I think we'll offer about 32 million as a final 'take it or leave it'. Can't see us going beyond that.
32M ? Seriously we are losing the plot. This risk just gets bigger and bigger as you go through this thread. Why cant we find a bloody superstar for 2-10M like spurs with Alli or some if the west ham/leicester players - teams where the combined cost of players is worth 35M

One or two good seasons will see his wages go up to 100k plus anyways so any savings on that front are likely to be short term.

If they stay at 45k then we'll have probably wasted 30M.

Decent point by TAW. This probably explains why Shakhtar ask for so much.

=========

[...]This stance though appears to ignore a key component in any significant transfer — the wage element. We seem to know that Teixiera’s people are happy with their man earning around £45k per week. It’s a number that probably more than doubles his pay in the Ukraine.
It is also small potatoes by today’s elite player level standards. If we’re talking north of £25m for a footballer these days then it follows that he’s decent and can expect to command a very special wage contract. A deal worth £5m to £6m would not be an excessive requirement.
Over the life of a five-year arrangement, that would amount to a c.£30m investment by a buying club.
Here, then, is the rub. If Teixeira’s wage demands are going to amount to a relatively modest c.£12m over the next five years, then he represents exceptional value for a prospective new employer. So much value then (that value being the gap between £30m and £12m) that the effective discount being offered on the wage package might be rationalised as offsetable against a seemingly inflated transfer fee.
We would all see paying £25m to Shakhtar and £100k a week to the player as a par investment for a player with Teixiera’s pedigree, right ? Yet many would balk at a £40m fee and most likely pay scant attention to the £12m player remuneration contract. Yet both packages amount to around the same £50m-ish cost. One looks right, and one looks wrong. Smoke and mirrors.
Clubs are businesses that, though prone to folly, are not this stupid.
It is precisely because Teixeira’s pay demands are so modest (by mean comparable standards) that his owners feel justified in naming the eye-watering price that they have.
It is also why LFC may shock many by ultimately agreeing to a fee with a headline ceiling of around the £40m mark for a player without a full international cap.
Shakhtar may well have dealt a mortal blow to this transfer, but equally it should not come as a shock if Liverpool’s ability and willingness to meet them far more than halfway materialises and that this one does actually get over the line by the end of next week.

This is a great point, though if he's ace we'll be doubling his wages within 18 months anyway.

Im much more positive about this signing reading Morons bellyaching.
Lets get the cunt. Slap down 40m right now and get it done.

This is a great point, though if he's ace we'll be doubling his wages within 18 months anyway.
Hmmmm, but thats what undermines the logic in the piece.

If hes shit noone cares about the "bargain" 45k per week but bitches on about the 30m+ price tag. If hes ace, his agent comes through the door for a new contract asap - see Dele Alli's 2 wage increases/+600% salary in a year since he joined Spurs to ward off admirers.

If he has the impact of Alli most will say they dont mind, but it completely undermines the post quoted: basically the 45k per week contract insures you against the player being fucking rubbish and sitting out 5yrs on 100k+ a week. But to justify a 30m+ outlay you should be guaranteeing this wouldnt happen anyway.

It must just be a sign of how far our transfer policy has sunk that were not confident 30m and over gets us a long term starting XI player. How fucking a) depressing b) ludicrous

Also, there's no chance he'll make 45k. 75k is the minimum he'll get.

Exactly, otherwise his agent is a complete moron.

But we seem to be in that 'lets all try to rationalise a bad deal' mode.

Next it'll be there's nobody else we could possibly get. Then the manager wants him so thats good enough for me.

Dont think thats really true anymore.
I think fan revenue is far less than the billions TV generate. I reckon of Liverpool had zero fans they would still exist.
I only reason I pay for fox sports is to watch Liverpool and I'm sure many other fans are the same. We are still a big draw and ticket sales, merch etc go a long way.

One or two good seasons will see his wages go up to 100k plus anyways so any savings on that front are likely to be short term.

If they stay at 45k then we'll have probably wasted 30M.

The 45k will be nett of tax so actually nearer to 80k a week. Tax in Ukraine ( if they pay any at all ) is less than half that of the UK

That TAW article is bollocks. Firstly as if we are going to pay him £45k per week and secondly as if it will remain at that level for 5 years. The whole article is based on a false premise. If he performs at the expected level then he will very soon be, if not from the get-go, on well over a £100k per week to try to fend off Europe's top clubs (and to cover the extra tax he's likely to pay here - no doubt that's covered by under the table payments in the Ukraine).

I don't think we should worry about him being so good that he warrants a pay rise to 100k. If that happens, he'll be worth it either way.

To be fair, all the rumoured stories for him, and they really are spurious rumours, mention a fee north of £60million.

I reckon he'd be sold for 50m.

I'd rather spend 50m on Griezmann than 30m on Teixeira

Griezmanns release clause is 80 mill euros, so thats what he'll cost. But will he move to us in January when Atletico are fighting for the title?
Not likely at all.

Exactly, otherwise his agent is a complete moron.

But we seem to be in that 'lets all try to rationalise a bad deal' mode.

Next it'll be there's nobody else we could possibly get. Then the manager wants him so thats good enough for me.

Someone should really create a graphic to chart this progression. Can sit alongside the Scouse boom-bust chart and get trotted out all the time.

It's totally true. And I'm guilty of it too, on occasion.

Sky Sports and the Daily Mail claim our second bid of 28 mill has been rejected. Clubs still talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom