• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're negotiating with his club
Spurs will charter a flight for him
And he'll end up signing for Chelsea

He obviously isnt, but wheter or not he cant contribute for more than 3 years nobody knows.

He can 'contribute' for three years , but whether that contrubution is worth the outlay is the concern.

Willian is still contributing even though he's been largely average and a waste of money

How old is Ronaldo? How many years has he been at his peak? Would you baulk at paying £30 odd million for him? I don't see that where a player is from makes any difference. If someone was born 5 mile over the Brazil / Argentina border, would that make them immune to the 10 year burn out theory? The fact he has plied his trade in a lesser league? Suarez was plying his in the Dutch league before we were brave enough to take the risk. If you are good enough, then you are good enough. We are not in a place where we cannot afford to take some risks. If the manager thinks this is a risk worth taking, then lets get behind him and take that risk.

True. But given that we will end up paying more than 30 million for a 26 year old, the risk is high.

Agreed.
I don't know if I agree that Willian was a waste of money. He's a very good player.

Yeah, I dont think to many share the opinion of him being a waste of money. Was one of their better players last season and carried that into this season.
Doesnt get the credit he deserves on here.

I think everyone appreciates Willian has probably been Chelsea's best player this season. All their best players other than him have had pretty shite seasons so far though.

Willian was the only player who got Chelsea to the knockouts of the Champions League. Everyone else was shite.

I think Willian is a pretty good player as well and a club like Chelsea can easily afford 30M for what he gives.

I remember Rurik using Robben to describe him though in that he has the same quality of being able to breeze past defenders despite them knowing what he's about to do. That's clearly not the player we've seen in England. He's a team player, works hard and in some ways a bit of a Kuyt type for the team.

I'm a bit wary of this "X was Brazilian and from Shaktar and he did well... so that's encouraging, right?" line of reasoning though even if Shaktar do tend to buy in decent Brazilians.

It's pretty obv that this dude will be ok-ish, not worth the money, very like all the other wankers who tit around all day and don't score that we already have, and will get injured a lot.

I think everyone appreciates Willian has probably been Chelsea's best player this season. All their best players other than him have had pretty shite seasons so far though.

He's the best player in a relegation threatened side.

I'd swap any of our cunts for Erikson or Willian at the minute. It ain't true that spuds and chelsea fucked up signing our sloppy seconds.

I remember Rurik using Robben to describe him though in that he has the same quality of being able to breeze past defenders despite them knowing what he's about to do. That's clearly not the player we've seen in England. He's a team player, works hard and in some ways a bit of a Kuyt type for the team.

No, I didn't! I think this is the 2nd time you said this and even though I corrected you the first time, apparently it didn't get saved in your long-term memory 🙂 If you do a search you will see that I used the Robben analogy not for Willian, but for Yarmolenko – not necessarily comparing their class, but in terms of them both heavily relying on cutting from the right and shooting.

Last edited:
He can 'contribute' for three years , but whether that contrubution is worth the outlay is the concern.

Willian is still contributing even though he's been largely average and a waste of money
Willian has been very good and one of the few bright spots in Chelsea's side this season.

Some on Twitter Twatter saying this is done now. Will be interesting to see what the papers say tonight.

Ian Ayre will be at Norwich on Saturday with negotiations at stalemate over Teixeira (Paul Joyce)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom