• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Napoli (a) CL - Wed 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matip, Thiago and Jota back, Arthur with some mins & Diaz brilliant the only things to take out of this game.

props to napoli - they played us off the park.
we're lucky it didn't finish a proper drubbing.
people will blame joe gomez - it's not him.
we really need to BENCH some of these starters.
Will be impressed if we get out of this group ...

I mean, it's not just Gomez and there's nowhere to hide as a CB when we are not respecting the ball, but on the other hand, he's definitely on the shit list today.

We'll end up needing to beat Napoli by >3 goals in the final home game to qualify... And doing it

I mean, it's not just Gomez and there's nowhere to hide as a CB when we are not respecting the ball, but on the other hand, he's definitely on the shit list today.

oh he was probably the worst defender, which is saying a lot considering how poor trent was ... again.

What the fucks this shit I just stepped off a plane in Melbourne to find out!!!!

Last edited:
Well yes some of it was Gomez - he made 3 horrendous mistakes that cost us 2 goals. Trent was a real lazy fucker, Robbo was shite (in crossing and defence), Milner shouldn't have been on the pitch - though he wasn't the worst, Firmino was abysmal, Mo was anonymous.

I thought Fabs and VvD had average games but Virgil should have been more vocal and marshalled that defence better. Ali made a superb penalty save and deserved better than that.

Elliott tried hard but was ineffectual, Diaz was brilliant again and was unlucky not to have 2 or 3 goals. Matip improved the defence but still the 4th was on him. Thiago showed some of what we've been missing when he came on, Melo got minutes without showing what he might offer, Nunez had zero service and Jota was clearly ring rusty.

nah we will brother.
Few of the big names coming back now and it’ll settle.
Matip made a big difference at the back. Thiago showed real spirit and drive and they were much better when they were on. Matip links the defence and midfield and plays the ball out much better than VVD. Once he, Thiago, jota and Arthur are up to match fitness it’ll make a big difference. Salah will come good too.

they need stability, and a solid run to get belief back. And clean sheets. Lots of them.

Nunez needs to bed in soon though….

nah we will brother.
Few of the big names coming back now and it’ll settle.
Matip made a big difference at the back. Thiago showed real spirit and drive and they were much better when they were on. Matip links the defence and midfield and plays the ball out much better than VVD. Once he, Thiago, jota and Arthur are up to match fitness it’ll make a big difference. Salah will come good too.

they need stability, and a solid run to get belief back. And clean sheets. Lots of them.

Nunez needs to bed in soon though….

we have missed matip's passing out of the back.

I can see the positives in Thiago and Matip being back. Even Jota getting involved. Nothing from Nunez’s cameo.

Well yes some of it was Gomez - he made 3 horrendous mistakes that cost us 2 goals. Trent was a real lazy fucker, Robbo was shite (in crossing and defence), Milner shouldn't have been on the pitch - though he wasn't the worst, Firmino was abysmal, Mo was anonymous.

I thought Fabs and VvD had average games but Virgil should have been more vocal and marshalled that defence better. Ali made a superb penalty save and deserved better than that.

Elliott tried hard but was ineffectual, Diaz was brilliant again and was unlucky not to have 2 or 3 goals. Matip improved the defence but still the 4th was on him. Thiago showed some of what we've been missing when he came on, Melo got minutes without showing what he might offer, Nunez had zero service and Jota was clearly ring rusty.

Virgil's leadership in this season's start has left much much to be desired.
He should be the one bollocking players - not milner.

Klopp said something in his post-match which I mentioned was clear against Everton ... "we were too wide". Meaning that we weren't compact and our midfield was frequently vacant bar Fabs by himself.

Klopp said something in his post-match which I mentioned was clear against Everton ... "we were too wide". Meaning that we weren't compact and our midfield was frequently vacant bar Fabs by himself.

So, who is responsible for that? Did Klopp set the players up wrong or are they just not listening anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom