• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Napoli (a) CL - Wed 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were reassured that the likes of VVD could play on for another 4 years or so at elite level. Some of the contracts we handed out always seemed a bit risky.

Early days I suppose and the club still have time to turn things around and prove we haven’t aged out of the top… but right now it’s not looking good.

You and I see that but I don’t think Klopp does. I still think we should have called his bluff over the summer. I know we couldn’t countenance both Mané and Salah leaving at the same time but, with hindsight of course, would it have better any worse?

I'm more disappointed we let Salah's agent fuck us in the media non-stop.
That should be a line we refuse to allow agents, and players, to cross.

We were reassured that the likes of VVD could play on for another 4 years or so at elite level. Some of the contracts we handed out always seemed a bit risky.

Early days I suppose and the club still have time to turn things around and prove we haven’t aged out of the top… but right now it’s not looking good.

I just worry these owners don't get this isn't like baseball ... you cannot rebuild through the draft, or free agency, or 3 development layers below the 1st team.
It's just not doable.

You and I see that but I don’t think Klopp does. I still think we should have called his bluff over the summer. I know we couldn’t countenance both Mané and Salah leaving at the same time but, with hindsight of course, would it have better any worse?
Agreed. We could’ve got £80 million and £300k a week for a couple of players.
I'm more disappointed we let Salah's agent fuck us in the media non-stop.
That should be a line we refuse to allow agents, and players, to cross.
We should have a terms of reference with the players that their agents will be speaking the players words and reprimanded accordingly.
I just worry these owners don't get this isn't like baseball ... you cannot rebuild through the draft, or free agency, or 3 development layers below the 1st team.
It's just not doable.
How much has klopp spent?

Nah, not having that. If you don't extend, run the risk of losing the player and having to spend a transfer fee to replace. Some of the decisions might not end up looking great in hindsight but it's the less risk averse approach, which is what we know our owners favour. We also know Klopp favors continuity and is loyal to his players.

Some of the players returning from injury haven't caught the creeping shit that the rest of the club has been infected with, so that's a plus.

You'd think we scored our goal with 2 mins left of the game the way we've gone about the last half hour. Cunts the lot of em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom