• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Next season - Hendo, Thiago and Fabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Thiago is class but is injured too often. Fabs seemed to have discovered some performance to the tail end of the season, but Hendo remained off the pace still.
Let's say we have a MF of Ali Mak, Kone, Thuram and Trent where does that leave the aforementioned 3?
Fabs and Hendo can operate multiple positions

Hendo I just can't see leaving, the other 2 I'm hopeful about (leaving) getting some offers that at least make us think about offloading.

Going into the new season with all 3 means we'll have learned fuck all.....if all 3 stay that also means we only sign 1 other midfielder on top of MacA & that doesn't sit quite right with me because again we haven't really planned pro-actively.

Don't trust the owners and the board to act so I see all 3 staying until the date their contract expires & leave for nothing......same with Matip.

Thiago is class but is injured too often. Fabs seemed to have discovered some performance to the tail end of the season, but Hendo remained off the pace still.
Let's say we have a MF of Ali Mak, Kone, Thuram and Trent where does that leave the aforementioned 3?
Fabs and Hendo can operate multiple positions

It leaves them where there where last season - part of a squad of players, along with Jones, Elliot & BadgerTits where form and fitness will dictate who plays and how often.

We’ll just have a better squad and each player, including the new players will have to perform consistently and better.

If we replace Milner, Kieta & Ox with Mac Allistar, Kone & Thuram that’s a great upgrade - but it’s up to the new players to justify their place.

Lets’s see who gets through Pre-season training alive first.

Each one of these 3 will be much improved when surrounded by 2 other midfielders with legs. It’s still not a great thing to be carrying someone in terms of workload but if they give something to the side which justifies it then it’s fine.

To that end Thiago has the most to give but with Trents new role will we need him? Fabinho looks like he’s too easily bypassed and might be best suited to big European nights where it’s slower and the experience counts. Hendo doesn’t have enough to his game beyond the energy but if he can summon that energy maybe every other game that would be a big contribution.

Klopps going to have to weigh all this up but my guess is he keeps everyone given That we’ve lost 3 mids this summer.

Depending obviously on who we sign in midfield and any injuries, although I suspect all of them to stay I don't think we will often be seeing them all start together very often.

And that is fine. Not only do they all still have a lot to offer, experience is important, and it also really isn't good to suddenly have so many new players who don't know each other and haven't played together.

All on the bench at the very least. Fabs I might keep and Thiago I might sell

we’ve lost 3 mids this summer.

People keep saying that and whilst it's true on paper, it doesn't add up on the field.

Ox never played and wasn't a real option and between Keita and Milner you maybe get one regular contributor. And even that's offset by the emergence of Bajcetic.

If we sign two new midfielders, we'll have 8 in total. That's too many and like others, it's hard to see a big name departure, perhaps aside from Thiago.

So for me, that means that the bigger and more interesting question is: what happens to Elliot, Bajcetic and Jones?

I'm hoping they don't end up getting the Caravalho treatment.

Very impressed with badger, i think he’ll see plenty of sub appearances on 60 mins and cup starts. Curtis maybe the same but a loan might be a decent idea, he just needs a load of game time to see exactly how high his ceiling is. Harvey is the one i don’t think the outlook is great for in this current side.

What happened with Carvalho? Not good enough or does Klopp want him to "learn" like when Robbo first joined?

What happened with Carvalho? Not good enough or does Klopp want him to "learn" like when Robbo first joined?
I'd say it's a physical thing, looks way off the pace physically in a lot of the games sadly.

People keep saying that and whilst it's true on paper, it doesn't add up on the field.

Ox never played and wasn't a real option and between Keita and Milner you maybe get one regular contributor. And even that's offset by the emergence of Bajcetic.

If we sign two new midfielders, we'll have 8 in total. That's too many and like others, it's hard to see a big name departure, perhaps aside from Thiago.

So for me, that means that the bigger and more interesting question is: what happens to Elliot, Bajcetic and Jones?

Alreeght there, Mr Henry !!!! Welcome to SCM

The reality likely is, after Mac Allister, we’re only signing one more midfielder, not 2.

Thiago will likely spend a large part of the season being injured.

Evens our midfield in the opening fixture is Fabs, Jones & Mac Allister.

We will need Fabinho and Thiago at various points next season, it's better to have some experience in reserve, same with Hendo to a lesser degree as his legs have clearly gone and it's proving more detrimental to him.

Everyone said Kompany was finished a few years back, but he came back into the City team late on in the season to steady things when their title challenge was on the wain, and he played his part and helped them win the title. Elliott and Jones will be better players next season, add in two midfielders plus Trent and we're fine.

Fabinho looked a million times better with mobility around him, it's too early to just completely write them off. They should play a lesser role, but we still need them.

If we indeed sign 3 new midfielders, will the 3 amigos even want to sit on the bench? That's 500k a week of talent sitting on the bench. What about the progression of Baj, Jones and Harvey?

It's quite unsustainable. We need to sell at least one of them.

Sell Hendo. His legs were his major asset. The other two still have experience and a touch too.

We can't be sentimental with Hendo. If I had to keep one - it would be Fabs. Just not injured as much as Thiago and a better player than Hendo

If we indeed sign 3 new midfielders, will the 3 amigos even want to sit on the bench? That's 500k a week of talent sitting on the bench. What about the progression of Baj, Jones and Harvey?

It's quite unsustainable. We need to sell at least one of them.

I don't think we'll sign three. We'll sign two, which is enough, Henderson replaces Milner as a bit part player, Fabinho and Thiago are there alongside Trent as experience (who may still play this right back/midfielder role), we also know Thiago will largely be unavailable. Then you've got Elliott, Bajetic, Jones plus two. IMO Elliott could go out on loan too, there's also room for Jones or Elliott to be flexible across the front line and midfield (ie, Jones can play left sometimes, and Harvey can play on the right).

Mac Allister
+1
Fabinho
Thiago
Jones
Bajcetic
Elliott
Henderson - bit part role

Bajcetic or Elliott could go on loan, it's not inconceivable, though 8 midfielders isn't OTT, especially when you account for injuries throughout the season and the flexibility of one or two of them to play further forward. It's not beyond the realms that Thiago might ask to leave, it's never quite fully worked out for him, he's not reliable and he's never been a perfect fit, despite his obvious ability.

So buying a RB and moving Trent to midfield is completely out of the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom