• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Formation for next season 4-2-3-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Nunez up front, who plays behind him, if Salah's on the Right and Dias on the Left?
If Fabs and Thiago are unavailable then it's Hendo and Naby?
If Nunez is injured, then is it Jota upfront? Where does the likes of Jones, Elliott and Fabio fit into this formation.
Personally find this hard to square up with our squad

Midfield: Jones
Attacking midfield: Carvalho
Right wing: Elliott
Left wing: Jota, Diaz

Last edited:
Never heard of this Dias you're continually on about. Now Diaz is a shoe-in on the left.

It's not a typo - he's never got it right! Add that to Thiago (Thaigo) and Firmino (Firminio) etc.
What's your name, Amber Heard? Do you want to be sued for defamation? Naby's name I get wrong, but everyone else I've got right other than dias and at some point I'll be writing Nunes.

Last edited:
Darren Bent has claimed that although you can’t directly replace Sadio Mane after he joined Bayern Munich from Liverpool recently, ‘forgotten man’ Diogo Jota and the Reds’ other attacking options are more than capable of stepping up and providing the firepower in place of the Senegal international.
The former Southampton man made the switch to the Bundesliga giants on Wednesday and brought to an end a stunning six-years on Merseyside.
He won every major trophy possible at Anfield, but it’s now time for Jurgen Klopp’s side to hunt down silverware without the 30-year-old’s regular contributions.
“I don’t think you can replace him straight away just man-for-man because I think he’s too good,”he told talkSPORT (via Sport Bible).
“But if (Luis) Diaz gets his numbers up in terms of goals and assists and Jota’s scoring goals… He was kind of the forgotten man towards the end of last season, but he stepped in and was brilliant.
“Diaz, (Roberto) Firmino’s still there and obviously (Mohamed) Salah speaks for himself, so they’ve still got so many different options in that front three area.”

165644_10150359336575389_860830388_16764384_6802827_n.jpg

Obligatory darren bent post

Darren Bent has claimed that although you can’t directly replace Sadio Mane after he joined Bayern Munich from Liverpool recently, ‘forgotten man’ Diogo Jota and the Reds’ other attacking options are more than capable of stepping up and providing the firepower in place of the Senegal international.
The former Southampton man made the switch to the Bundesliga giants on Wednesday and brought to an end a stunning six-years on Merseyside.
He won every major trophy possible at Anfield, but it’s now time for Jurgen Klopp’s side to hunt down silverware without the 30-year-old’s regular contributions.
“I don’t think you can replace him straight away just man-for-man because I think he’s too good,”he told talkSPORT (via Sport Bible).
“But if (Luis) Diaz gets his numbers up in terms of goals and assists and Jota’s scoring goals… He was kind of the forgotten man towards the end of last season, but he stepped in and was brilliant.
“Diaz, (Roberto) Firmino’s still there and obviously (Mohamed) Salah speaks for himself, so they’ve still got so many different options in that front three area.”

Forgotten man? What a crock of shite Bent is.

I like you Red, but who the fuck, gives a fuck, about what Darren Bent thinks?
Not me really haha
sometimes posting is a state of mind and my mind is a state today haha
normal service will resume soon …I hope :)

The one problem with 4-2-3-1 is that we don't have a ready-to-go, genuinely good number 10 - an attacking midfielder who can play behind the striker.

Carvalho and Elliott COULD end up being great there, but would we want to go into a season relying on them in the role. Firmino could certainly play there, but does he still have it? Judging from the latter half of last season, that's a toss up too.

If we had a prime Thomas Muller or Steven Gerrard, 4-2-3-1 would be a no brainer.

The one thing I will say is that we are maybe becoming too predictable in the current 4-3-3.

The one problem with 4-2-3-1 is that we don't have a ready-to-go, genuinely good number 10 - an attacking midfielder who can play behind the striker.

Carvalho and Elliott COULD end up being great there, but would we want to go into a season relying on them in the role. Firmino could certainly play there, but does he still have it? Judging from the latter half of last season, that's a toss up too.

If we had a prime Thomas Muller or Steven Gerrard, 4-2-3-1 would be a no brainer.

The one thing I will say is that we are maybe becoming too predictable in the current 4-3-3.

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/transfer-rumours-21-22.167991/page-383#post-2147388

Could Bobby not be that number 10?

165644_10150359336575389_860830388_16764384_6802827_n.jpg

Obligatory darren bent post

You after so many Bent Signs meme over the years I clean forgotten what Darren Bent looks like. Like, is he even white or black? In my mind his name only evokes a piece of metal

There’s a list of former pros i tend to pay no attention to, Darren Bent is on it.

Also Robbie savage, Clinton Morrison, Tim Sherwood, Rio Ferdinand and your man that’s still young enough to play but is on talk sport now because his career sank like a stone. Plus many more.

Not me really haha
sometimes posting is a state of mind and my mind is a state today haha
normal service will resume soon …I hope :)

No offense yeah but each time I see your posts I can’t shake the idea that you’re Kerry from This Country. Dunno why either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense yeah but each time I see your posts I can’t shake the idea that you’re Kerry from This Country. Dunno why either.

As soon as some fucker says ‘no offence’ ya know they gonna be offensive!
WTF is the need..hey ho..takes all sorts I guess

Why change the formation we’ve had so much success with? Why buy players who make the rest of the squad accommodate them? I think you’ll find the new chaps have to play our style and system

Why change the formation we’ve had so much success with? Why buy players who make the rest of the squad accommodate them? I think you’ll find the new chaps have to play our style and system

Well I think the obvious problem was always gonna be replacing Salah, cos wingers who score 25 a season are extremely rare.

It's not a particularly sustainable system because of that.

So instead you buy a central striker to try to replace the goals. But then that might require a tweak to the style...

It basically all follows from that I guess.

This Country was one of the highlights of my lockdown. Kept me entertained for a few days, so it’s a compliment.

Gotta disagree there for once. It's possible to differ, even sharply, from someone but do it in a polite way. Saying "no offence" shows that's what you're trying to do. I actually wish more people would - provided they mean it of course!

Actually i realized it was a distasteful joke/comment even if I meant it lightheartedly. Admittedly It’s not exactly the nicest compliment in the world to be compared to Kerry. It’s kinda worse than being called Amber Heard cos at least she’s got the looks. I’m digging my hole deeper ain’t I ?

Anyway, no offense yeah xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom