• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why was he so fucking useless?

He's not as good as people think he is, but people are catching up to the reality. He's limited in many ways, which affects his ability to offer more when we need something different, which we desperately do.

But more than all of that, we are shit, we waste possession constantly, and we started with a front three that in general just isn't up to it. So he doesn't get a lot of chances, just a few, and today he fucked them up, as he has been.

If we play better, he will score more, if we don't, he won't. He isn't going to change anything, which is why it was stupid to keep him.

It's more worrying that Nunez hasn't changed anything, because his ceiling is more relevent than the one behind Salah.

Last edited:
Nunez just lacks confidence, given time he will become a very good striker for us... Note that I stated a "Very Good Striker"... Not A Great One, but a Very Good One...
FSG needs to splash the cash. We should have bought João Félix (22) at 126 euros that would have been a snip, and would not need replacing for at least 8-9 seasons. Should also be looking at Declan Rice as a Henderson replacement.

But what we need to do short term is find a replacement for TAA. he is starting to remind me of Glen (I can't defend) Johnson, Great going forward, Poor in defense.
Been watching him for months at times;strolling back to defend, and to often playing the man not the ball.

This is not the same kid that played for us 1-3 seasons ago. He has become to lazy, and seem to want to become a striker. Leaving the wing to often to drift into central midfield. Lacks the discipline to mostly stay out wide and the desire to brake his neck to get back and do the main part of his job. Defend

Needs replacing

EDIT:- It is almost like he feels that he is settled, the first choice RB, so no reason to try as hard defending

We are not going to blame it on injuries now, are we? Said it before, the lack of forward planning is worrying.

FSG riding/pushing their luck throughout the transfer windows just because Klopp got us overachieving despite the numerous issues. The last min scramble for central defender and midfielder over 2 separate windows are obvious examples. Only wanting to "sign/wait for the right player" smacks of arrogance. (Edwards timed his exit well. didn't he - probably knew he wasn't going to be given the chance to strengthen/rebuild the squad.)

Last edited:
So frustrating...for years we have been basking in our net spend abilities...but after missing out on the PL by one point and making three finals you would think FSG would allow Jurgen to buy at least 1 Marquee midfielder. But No, we decided to continue to battle it out in the Netspend Trophy, for what?

I do have confidence we can get 4th place still (especially seeing how Spurs got it last year) but I really do think that also might depend on us overpaying for a world-class midfielder in the winter transfer season.
I think Klopp is partly culpable as well. He spent the summer telling everybody that midfield was fine even reeling off the names of said midfielders. He was even outraged at suggestions that we had too many players over 30. Look, Henderson and Fabinho are good players but no longer good enough to do what is required of them any more. Each time a Brighton made a run they were through to our centre-halves, sometimes with 4 or 5 in attack.

I have numerous concerns.

1) klopp's inability to realize how weak our right flank is, be it because injuries or taa defending or because Hendo's decline, is worrying. OH HE KNOWS!!!! So fucking do something to protect the defense ... it starts from the back, and questions MUST be asked why hes not moving on from what worked so well if it's now putting in problematic positions EVERY FUCKING GAME and MULTIPLE times.
2) I started a thread weeks ago. Salah. We are paying him for goals. Where are they? Again, either this is the reality and klopp must set up the team to take advantage of our most prominent goalscoring threat.
3) VvD needs to fucking wake up. If Ibou is happy, I'd drop him as a wake up call. His approach was fine when we had leaders and the team was purring. The team is really struggling now and we need a leader to impose himself and demand urgency, commitment and focus every fucking minute of every fucking game.
4) FSG have been brilliant but they've fucked us royally just when we needed to spend to seemingly ensure the team can maintain a top 4 quality. The BoSox are struggling big time ... but unlike baseball, or most american sports, theres no quick turn around with the draft or prime free agents. I hope were not left in an arsenal like predicament next year.

And before people moan blah blah , I'm not saying klopp should be fired etc ... we have enough talent to adjust ... just do it, even if temporary, and regroup for a run after world cup.

Last edited:
We will be in the bottom half next weekend. The Glazers must be kicking themselves they didn't buy Liverpool instead. We will be lucky to finish top 6. If they don't back Klopp big time this summer he should walk.

All of you - despite Trent, and the Defense having a shit time - there is no point blaming any of them, or that department, if they are constantly under pressure and opposing teams just get us with a ball over the top, then that means we have zero control in midfield. It was always going to come the fact that we did not sign a midfielder this transfer window just gone, we needed even more after Mane left who was the only front guy that dropped deep to add an injection of aggression and pace during our pressing. It's actually criminal we signed no one - as it did resign us to what we are witnessing now. Before anyone here utters that shit about the greatness of last season, we never won the title or the cup we really wanted to win. So in essence it was a failure based on a great journey in which we won two minor cups in games we never actually scored in.

I think the problem now is the manager - he keeps repeating the same shit over and over again, why would you put Milner in that position again where it proven to be a mistake in the previous PL game ? - what the fuck are we doing ?

On Trent - was there any agreement that any of you heard whereby he wanted - deep down to be in midfield at a certain point in his career ? because he seems like he is actually sulking.

There's no way Klopp will drop the VVD. Or even any of the chosen few. He's so loyal to his lieutenants, I'm having doubts whether he can bear to rebuild this team.

I wonder how much Trent being labelled the 4th choice RB for England has affected his morale.

He's definitely proving Southgate right with his club performances this year. But still. His confidence seems to be rock bottom at the moment.

There's no way Klopp will drop the VVD. Or even any of the chosen few. He's so loyal to his lieutenants, I'm having doubts whether he can bear to rebuild this team.
I wonder if you’re right —we still see the absurd situation of Milner coming on to the pitch to shore up a struggling team.

Because a rebuild means dropping players who no longer perform at the level they should, eh?

I wonder how much Trent being labelled the 4th choice RB for England has affected his morale.

He's definitely proving Southgate right with his club performances this year. But still. His confidence seems to be rock bottom at the moment.

I think it definitely affects him, I remember that season when Southgate did not pick him - he was actually not playing well, and then suddenly BOOM - that same week he started playing well. To be honest I think his mind is fucked up somewhat. Still ultimately the draw today was because of the stupid fucking subs that Klopp made, with like a few minutes to go.

I wonder if you’re right —we still see the absurd situation of Milner coming on to the pitch to shore up a struggling team.

Because a rebuild means dropping players who no longer perform at the level they should, eh?

Struggling team? we were getting the better of Everton and Brighton until Klopp decided to bring Milner in and play him in a high line against players that will ghost past him with ease. Milner is finished, everyone can see it bar Klopp. He's now a car crash on a weekly basis. The footage of him tearing into VVd during the Utd game is a perfect encapsulation of his season, worst player on the pitch and deluded enough to be thinking he has time to focus on anybody else's shortcomings.

What I don't understand is how this is allowed to continue. Surely the likes of Carvahlo, Diaz, Jota etc are just rinsing him in training.

Imagine how many interviews Klopp will have to give this week to convince people Trent is still a world class RB.

Fuck off Trent you lazy bastard.

And you’re a shit defender.

Hendo, great servant and all that yaddy yadda but time to move on and for the love of god take Milner with you.

This is what happens when you have a key component woefully out of form that needs replacing but only have inconsistent poor replacements.

I can’t believe we’re still allowing Brizzle to start match threads - his loss of mojo is killing us and we need to have an urgent plan of action to save our season.

Struggling team? we were getting the better of Everton and Brighton until Klopp decided to bring Milner in and play him in a high line against players that will ghost past him with ease. Milner is finished, everyone can see it bar Klopp. He's now a car crash on a weekly basis. The footage of him tearing into VVd during the Utd game is a perfect encapsulation of his season, worst player on the pitch and deluded enough to be thinking he has time to focus on anybody else's shortcomings.

What I don't understand is how this is allowed to continue. Surely the likes of Carvahlo, Diaz, Jota etc are just rinsing him in training.
Eh? We were getting the better of Everton and Brighton? Having loads of possession is not getting to better of anyone. We were basically creating nothing and everytime Brighton broke then looked like they could score. We should really have lost That game by 2 or 3 goals. A mate said to me today that he's never seen a worse preformance in a Liverpool shirt than taa today and tbf I can't actually think of anyone worse ever.
The whole team is worse week by week.

There isn't much to say that hasn't been said already.
Yes, this is all on Klopp.

I only saw this on MOTD, having been seduced by the glamour of watching Tranmere Vs Barrow on furness, but it's just really disappointing.

After a 3 week break the tired legs, complacent ineffectual defending is still there. What have they been working on? Without some magic from Firmino we could have easily been humiliated.

Sent from my 2201116PG using Tapatalk

It's obvious that other teams have become more athletic and more press resistant. Better finishers too, so while it may once have been acceptable to gamble that your Ashley Barneses would more often than not come off second best to Alisson after beating the high line, I don't think that's the case any more.

Klopp is a slave to his system. Which is fine if you have the players for it, but many of the recent additions simply don't have the attributes to excel in it. And some who did don't have them any more. Either Klopp needs more players who fit the mould, or he needs to adapt the system to the new crop of players.

Klopp is a slave to his system. Which is fine if you have the players for it, but many of the recent additions simply don't have the attributes to excel in it. And some who did don't have them any more. Either Klopp needs more players who fit the mould, or he needs to adapt the system to the new crop of players.

The most disappointing thing in all of this is that there doesn't seem to be any (obvious) attempt to get us out of this mess.

Even if it all magically clicks at some point and we go back to being good again, it'll likely be too late.

Fuck off Trent you lazy bastard.

And you’re a shit defender.

Hendo, great servant and all that yaddy yadda but time to move on and for the love of god take Milner with you.

I think that Henderson is worth holding on to for a least a season or two.He should be, As he has been playing for 20-45 minutes if he is needed, He should be the new Milner in that respect...

Milner..? Move him on. His time has come. Or move him to the back room staff as fitness coach. But play him no longer

We need to drop Trent. It’s that simple. Gomez to RB for the next couple of matches.

Gomez really should be starting now ... one bad game doesn't mean he's not good enough.
I'd say he's been as good, if not better, than VvD this season ...

Gomez really should be starting now ... one bad game doesn't mean he's not good enough.
I'd say he's been as good, if not better, than VvD this season ...

Would be great if he’d only had one bad game this season mate!!

Edit: realised you’re referring to Gomez. We need him if we want to avoid getting ripped apart by Arsenal IMO

All of you - despite Trent, and the Defense having a shit time - there is no point blaming any of them, or that department, if they are constantly under pressure and opposing teams just get us with a ball over the top, then that means we have zero control in midfield. It was always going to come the fact that we did not sign a midfielder this transfer window just gone, we needed even more after Mane left who was the only front guy that dropped deep to add an injection of aggression and pace during our pressing. It's actually criminal we signed no one - as it did resign us to what we are witnessing now. Before anyone here utters that shit about the greatness of last season, we never won the title or the cup we really wanted to win. So in essence it was a failure based on a great journey in which we won two minor cups in games we never actually scored in.

I think the problem now is the manager - he keeps repeating the same shit over and over again, why would you put Milner in that position again where it proven to be a mistake in the previous PL game ? - what the fuck are we doing ?

On Trent - was there any agreement that any of you heard whereby he wanted - deep down to be in midfield at a certain point in his career ? because he seems like he is actually sulking.
Yes but Trent could help himself.

Things I saw yesterday.

Skinned by the winger at least 3 times, falling all over while at it. Dragging a winger down after getting skinned again and getting a yellow.

Constantly losing his individual battles, one of them led to us conceding a goal.

Diabolical passing.

Putting a defensive header back into our penalty area. Putting a clearance into the sky back to our penalty area.

Running into the 8, 9, 10 positions for no reason.

That's all on him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom