• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next four matches are vital to our season, and we need to set down markers... Drop TAA for the Rangers,Arsenal,Rangers Return Leg and the City games. Stick Gomez in with the instructions to make defending his number one priority.

I would like to see Jota start Tuesday night and given at least 65-70 minutes. If we are 2-3 up, then Nunez for Jota, Give Bobby or Diaz a rest

Jota---Bobby---Salah

Diaz---Jota---Salah

Both Jota and Nunez Need games under thier belts and should be used in Cup games as often as possible

And don't let Milner near the pitch unless we are leading 10-0 with a minute to go
Would think the 2 champions league games against rangers are important but don't see how the matches against arsenal and city are vital to our season. We are out of the running for the title, if you you are kidding yourself that we have enen the remotest chance of getting back into it then you really havent watched us play this season.
I'm actually scared of how many city will score against us. We were a more defensive unit even when we had all those injuries two seasons ago. Klopp will not alter his tactics for either game and city will destroy our midfield and back four even if they improved by 50%
the best we could hope for this season would be a challenge for top four so really results against the 2 top teams won't really impact that but really I think top 4 is a pipe dream

Do you think this is school football? His positioning, set piece taking, the lot. This is what Klopp wants him to do.
I doubt Klopp wants to see him drifting in to the centre of the park, and out of position and taking 99% of the set pieces other wise the other1% would not be taken by others

Would think the 2 champions league games against rangers are important but don't see how the matches against arsenal and city are vital to our season. We are out of the running for the title, if you you are kidding yourself that we have enen the remotest chance of getting back into it then you really havent watched us play this season.
I'm actually scared of how many city will score against us. We were a more defensive unit even when we had all those injuries two seasons ago. Klopp will not alter his tactics for either game and city will destroy our midfield and back four even if they improved by 50%
the best we could hope for this season would be a challenge for top four so really results against the 2 top teams won't really impact that but really I think top 4 is a pipe dream
There is a remote chance we could get back in the running Title wise, but it was not what I meant when I said it was vital to our season. I meant in securing a top four finish and getting back to a semblance of normally on the picture

There is a remote chance we could get back in the running Title wise, but it was not what I meant when I said it was vital to our season. I meant in securing a top four finish and getting back to a semblance of normally on the picture
Even beating both city and arsenal doesn't put us even remotely back in the title race and losing to both wouldnt mean we were out of a top 4 race. 4th is 20-30 pts behind the winners but we need to be real here, what's wrong with us isn't something Thst will just be sorted after a few games. Do you really think all thst trent and Co will all of a sudden just turn up.? Our issues run deeper than that

Even beating both city and arsenal doesn't put us even remotely back in the title race and losing to both wouldnt mean we were out of a top 4 race. 4th is 20-30 pts behind the winners but we need to be real here, what's wrong with us isn't something Thst will just be sorted after a few games. Do you really think all thst trent and Co will all of a sudden just turn up.? Our issues run deeper than that

No It wouldn't put us back in the title race or grantee a top 4 finish but it would be a step in the right direction, and make things a lot easier. We are 10 behind City 11 behind Arsenal both games would see us gain 3 points un each of them....
Did City not make up a massive points difference to beat us in the Title race 2018/19 season...?
No reason why we can not do the same...But As I said it needs to start here

No It wouldn't put us back in the title race or grantee a top 4 finish but it would be a step in the right direction, and make things a lot easier. We are 10 behind City 11 behind Arsenal both games would see us gain 3 points un each of them....
Did City not make up a massive points difference to beat us in the Title race 2018/19 season...?
No reason why we can not do the same...But As I said it needs to start here
City werent playing as piss poor as we have been. Have you not actually watched us playing this season? You feel that that is something that will be sorted over a few games? We had 2 games postponed before the international break and yet we looked worse against Brighton...
I get you want to try be positive but seriously bro but sometimes you need to wake up and smell the coffee..
There is a big chance we will more than likely struggle today against rangers, we should win but going on how we are playing I'm not overly optimistic

Just like you (I believe) I watch every game. and yes that season City started it piss poor, But unlike that season most teams have improved. and unlike most seasons there is a lot of football to play. EPL, Cups,CL,and a little thing called the World Cup, all crammed in between now and the normal end of season. Plenty of time for shit to happen, and plenty of time for season changing injuries for all teams.Lets see where we are after the next four games first

I heard from somebody who’d been at the match (he was in one of the corporate boxes) that the Brighton bigwigs thought a draw was the best they could have hoped for and had written off the match at 3-2.

I doubt Klopp wants to see him drifting in to the centre of the park, and out of position and taking 99% of the set pieces other wise the other1% would not be taken by others

He has clearly been instructed to take up that position. It's been the case, in certain phases of play, since halfway through last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom