• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The MF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
If its true we're going into next season with 1 new addition in MF and that an unexperienced 19 year old, what expectations will that leave you with?

We were lucky with injures in the season gone however, we know Thiago, Hendo and definitely Naby are all susceptible to long layoffs.
If all 3 were injured, we'd have Jones, Fabio, Morton and Fabs, which is why another CM/DM could help

Last edited:
If we go 4-2-3-1 it would allow Firmino, Carvalho, Elliott to play at 10 and then Jones, Thiago, Henderson, Naby, Fabinho, Milner, Morton in the deeper roles. Effectively it allow Bobby to join the midfield party rather than be third choice striker, which might make sense from a resource point of view.

It's a risk IMO to not sign a Gini style midfielder, but if the Klopp are waiting on top tier talent being available then its understandable. There might just be some short term pain as for me the midfield isn't strong enough to go toe-to-toe with City even when we were reasonably fortunate with injuries. I can easily see a time when Thiago, Henderson and Keita are all out.

We could really do with Jones stepping up a gear.

If we go 4-2-3-1 it would allow Firmino, Carvalho, Elliott to play at 10 and then Jones, Thiago, Henderson, Naby, Fabinho, Milner, Morton in the deeper roles. Effectively it allow Bobby to join the midfield party rather than be third choice striker, which might make sense from a resource point of view.

It's a risk IMO to not sign a Gini style midfielder, but if the Klopp are waiting on top tier talent being available then its understandable. There might just be some short term pain as for me the midfield isn't strong enough to go toe-to-toe with City even when we were reasonably fortunate with injuries. I can easily see a time when Thiago, Henderson and Keita are all out.

What about going for a loan type player?

Yes yes and yes... exactly this, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1/4-2-4 next season in operation with a versatile second striker (Carvalho/Elliot immediately spring to mind).

It seems that as far as the midfield is concerned we're not looking for a particular player to fill a role or a position. We have a few guys we really like and if we get one we'll change the team to suit them.

I don't really know how else to explain the fact that we were supposedly all in on Tchouameni and now that he's unavailable we're apparently going to just wait till next year to get Bellingham who is a different type of midfielder.

I guess technically we have enough bodies but when you weigh up age, fitness and quality, I'm not sure we have the right mix.

In terms of generational type talents, who else is left apart from Bellingham?

It seems that as far as the midfield is concerned we're not looking for a particular player to fill a role or a position. We have a few guys we really like and if we get one we'll change the team to suit them.

I don't really know how else to explain the fact that we were supposedly all in on Tchouameni and now that he's unavailable we're apparently going to just wait till next year to get Bellingham who is a different type of midfielder.

I guess technically we have enough bodies but when you weigh up age, fitness and quality, I'm not sure we have the right mix.

In terms of generational type talents, who else is left apart from Bellingham?
Gavi. Who Im pretty sure we are trying for... But won't get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom