• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You know what..

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
I so Cannot believe we landed Jurgen Klopp, such a coup..

Has to be catch of the Season..

He is the type of manager players will jump through hoops for.. You can see that already..

Yes its not been perfect this season, far from it, but you would be mad to expect it to be, in such a short space of time. But already you can see improvements within the team...

I cannot wait til next Season, a Pre season behind him to develop his ideas, and new players.. create that spine that successful sides are reknowned for..

We are on the up guys, things are Finally starting to take shape.. There is no doubt there will be a few more rollocoasters along the way, but guys we have a real gem of a manager here.. Embrace it.. Exciting times ahead overall

Last edited:
I think if we had waited a few months more, we would not be able to get him. Bayern, Chelsea, Mancs, and even Arsenal would have made a pitch for him.

A truly elite manager. As a representative of the club, the city, and Liverpool community, he is perfect. His ideal style of football is also something everyone would love.

I hope he has the transfer acumen needed to take us to the next level.

A few weeks ago we were talking about scrapping most of the squad, now we've strung a few performances together some of the players are starting to look up to it.

Hopefully that means a strengthen not a rebuild and getting somewhere in the near future.

It's impossible to dislike Klopp, glad he's here.

A few weeks ago we were talking about scrapping most of the squad, now we've strung a few performances together some of the players are starting to look up to it.

Hopefully that means a strengthen not a rebuild and getting somewhere in the near future.

It's impossible to dislike Klopp, glad he's here.

Will be interesting to see how ruthless Klopp is. Still think the squad needs a overhaul, we just don't have enough quality.
A few months ago people were talking about winning the league, not sure how serious they were but it's a roller coaster with fans.
We need consistency and I really don't trust the current crop we have.

Klopp needs to stamp his authority and give us an identity. There are signs but we still look all over the place at times.
We still look a bit disjointed, nowhere near as disjointed as Man U for instance, but we need more fluidity in our game.
For that to happen we need additions.
As is, it's not a league winning team, obviously.

Will be interesting to see how ruthless Klopp is. Still think the squad needs a overhaul, we just don't have enough quality.
A few months ago people were talking about winning the league, not sure how serious they were but it's a roller coaster with fans.
We need consistency and I really don't trust the current crop we have.

Klopp needs to stamp his authority and give us an identity. There are signs but we still look all over the place at times.
We still look a bit disjointed, nowhere near as disjointed as Man U for instance, but we need more fluidity in our game.
For that to happen we need additions.
As is, it's not a league winning team, obviously.

Yea it will be interesting, he seems very close to the players but he'll have a good idea by now who fits.

I think we'll be better and more consistent next year just by standing still, with a proper pre-season, a year's experience in the league, players used to a system etc.

I'm still of the opinion 2-3 good signings in certain positions will put us right amongst the top 4 but getting the right people in will be the test, Klopp will certainly be someone top players will want to work with.

Hopefully he pulls a Rafa and has some underrated German Alonso and Reina clones up his sleeve

Long way to go yet but you can see he is beginning to stamp his mark on this side and they are able to execute ideas with more consistency.

This place is brilliant. Last week we were 11th and people were saying they expected a lot more from Klopp in his first season.

Now we were definitely going to challenge for the league next season and he is brilliant.

We are like a sugar addicted kid, highs and lows from week to week with no normality.

I so Cannot believe we landed Jurgen Klopp, such a coup..

Has to be catch of the Season..

He is the type of manager players will jump through hoops for.. You can see that already..

Yes its not been perfect this season, far from it, but you would be mad to expect it to be, in such a short space of time. But already you can see improvements within the team...

I cannot wait til next Season, a Pre season behind him to develop his ideas, and new players.. create that spine that successful sides are reknowned for..

[bold]Where[/bold] on the up guys, things are Finally starting to take shape.. There is no doubt there will be a few more rollocoasters along the way, but guys we have a real gem of a manager here.. Embrace it.. Exciting times ahead overall
You've even edited your post.

Agreed. We've finally got the real successor to Rafa, and it took us about 5 years to get there

I'm not sure why there's always a need here for people to insult the King.

Bottom line, is we seem to have finally landed a world class manager who has built a team capable of consistently challenging (with all due respect to Ged and Raf, I don't remember either of them having before landing with us), something we've needed desperately since the 1990s.

Here's hoping he replicates the magic he created at Dortmund.

Things are starting to fall into place. Last night was probably the first time all season Klopp was able to call on what I think is his favored starting 11 (give or take one or two positions, but pretty much all of Klopp's favorites this season played). Now performance-wise there is still so much to improve; we don't have anywhere near the ruthlessness of top European teams and our players' decision-making in attack is inconsistent at best. Set-pieces were still atrocious. Ignoring the brands and history, just on performance level this was not a game between two European superpowers, more like 7th against 5th-best team in the country.

It will be really interesting to see how these players perform in the remainder of the season; does this squad have a higher ceiling that we were not able to reach so far this season because of injuries and the transition from possession-based to pressing-based style, or do we need a major injection of quality to turn this team into a genuine contender? The rest of the season will answer a lot of these questions. There are no excuses any more. Right now the newcomers like Firmino, Clyne and a relative newcomer in Can are carrying the team – I am waiting for our best 3 players of the Rodgers era to step up. Will Coutinho, Sturridge and Henderson find their place and become indispensable in this new team or will we need to look for new leaders and a new spine?

Last edited:
We've got a great core with Gomez, Ings & Markovic still to return to the squad; as well as the Serbian new signing & Matip. That's already a headstart on summer's rebuild

Rafa and Klopp use the same basic system. High press, win the ball back early. It also protects the back four and the defensive midfielder. Rafa used Masch to protect Xabi. Henderson have now started to play as the defensive playmaker and he is learning his new role very quickly. Milner and Can protects him.

I don't think Klopp will ever take the job at a big club that is all about money. He want a project so he can build his club. He isn't a Mourinho or Pep.

He's going to do for us what ferguscum did for the mancs I reckon.

I think our odds of 4th are moving in the right direction. Still a long shot but if City keep collapsing it's up for grabs.....

It's not totally nuts to think we don't need a truckload of new players all of a sudden. Lovren suddenly looks like a player, Studge is back, Firmino is a proper constant goal threat, Origi is a far better player than I thought, Lallana is suddenly ace, Coutinho has been for ages and there's Ings coming back (by the way I was at my osteopath yesterday and he said he's seen the work Ings is doing to get fit and it's off the scale)... I know you can't rely on Sturridge but that forward line is ace as it is... Between Lovren, Matip, Skrtel, Sakho and Gomez we don't need any new centre halves. Clyne is boss, we all want to see Flan play... so if I had 100m quid I'd blow it all on a world class central midfielder and a goalie. Henderson and Milner are ok but Can is better than both of them already. If he was stood next to god knows who but an Alonso type dude it would make all the diff, as would any top keeper, the value of which was noted again last fucking night.

A goalkeeper of the ilk of De Gea would make a massive difference. It's not going to fix everything but the confidence it would give to the team in general and the defence in particular would be huge. It wouldn't make Moreno and Sakho great defenders but Sakho in particular often looks like he's shitting his pants nervous.

It's not totally nuts to think we don't need a truckload of new players all of a sudden. Lovren suddenly looks like a player, Studge is back, Firmino is a proper constant goal threat, Origi is a far better player than I thought, Lallana is suddenly ace, Coutinho has been for ages and there's Ings coming back (by the way I was at my osteopath yesterday and he said he's seen the work Ings is doing to get fit and it's off the scale)... I know you can't rely on Sturridge but that forward line is ace as it is... Between Lovren, Matip, Skrtel, Sakho and Gomez we don't need any new centre halves. Clyne is boss, we all want to see Flan play... so if I had 100m quid I'd blow it all on a world class central midfielder and a goalie. Henderson and Milner are ok but Can is better than both of them already. If he was stood next to god knows who but an Alonso type dude it would make all the diff, as would any top keeper, the value of which was noted again last fucking night.
Completely agree, we need a couple of big players in this squad, some leaders, that's all.

This..

Like I said the spine of the team needs to be tweaked..

All great teams are built round a solid spine

We need a Top Class Goal Keeper and a World Class Midfielder

and we have Matip

Sell Benteke and replace with a top class striker

Recall Markovic for option on the wing

Job Done..

Last edited:

Still think an overhaul is needed. Not saying that it will happen though.
Looking at it from a different perspective, the players you mentioned were inept against Crystal Palace.
It's a bit up and down to be honest but for me, it's more about getting quality.
Ask yourself, can we get someone better than Sakho?
Can we get someone better than Lallana?
Lucas?
Moreno?
Mignolet?
Henderson?
Allen?

Of course we can, and we should. For god's sake our midfield consists of Milner, Lucas, Henderson, Can and Allen.
I'd sell at least three of them if we could get someone like Alonso, Mascherano or Gerrard.

Are the reserves good enough? Is Smith good enough cover for Moreno?
Is Ibe good enough cover for whoever?

We have a massive squad already and it's going to increase by like 10 players in the summer with the new signings and the players returning from loans.
But still, we'll have the quantity but not the quality imo.

We need a goalkeeper, a central midfielder, a central defender, and a pacy attacking player.

And if we sell Benteke, another striker.

As for Klopp, there have been some awfully disappointing displays that is true, but he is most certainly a very good manager, with a very impressive CV and it is quite gratifying that he was so keen to come, and also seems to have an obvious and great connection with the fans, the club and the city already.

There's a lot of fans extremely sour about the fact that Klopp manages Liverpool and not their team, which is always a great sign.

If he gets a lot of money to spend, we should be very optimistic about the future, but let's not kid ourselves that we can win the title with this squad, regardless of who the manager is.

Still think an overhaul is needed. Not saying that it will happen though.
Looking at it from a different perspective, the players you mentioned were inept against Crystal Palace.
It's a bit up and down to be honest but for me, it's more about getting quality.
Ask yourself, can we get someone better than Sakho?
Can we get someone better than Lallana?
Lucas?
Moreno?
Mignolet?
Henderson?
Allen?

Of course we can, and we should. For god's sake our midfield consists of Milner, Lucas, Henderson, Can and Allen.
I'd sell at least three of them if we could get someone like Alonso, Mascherano or Gerrard.

Are the reserves good enough? Is Smith good enough cover for Moreno?
Is Ibe good enough cover for whoever?

We have a massive squad already and it's going to increase by like 10 players in the summer with the new signings and the players returning from loans.
But still, we'll have the quantity but not the quality imo.

I don't think you're arguing with what I said. You ask about Sakho... well he won't be first choice next season so he's not the baseline, I guess Lovren, Matip, Gomez and Skrtel will be ahead of him. I said the midfielders could go. I'd keep Allen though, he suddenly looks like the player we thought we'd bought years ago. We could get someone better than Lallana, we could get better than most of our players, obviously, but the way he's playing with Coutinho and Firmino at the moment I wouldn't consider it a priority. Goalie and CM are.

I don't think you're arguing with what I said. You ask about Sakho... well he won't be first choice next season so he's not the baseline, I guess Lovren, Matip, Gomez and Skrtel will be ahead of him. I said the midfielders could go. I'd keep Allen though, he suddenly looks like the player we thought we'd bought years ago. We could get someone better than Lallana, we could get better than most of our players, obviously, but the way he's playing with Coutinho and Firmino at the moment I wouldn't consider it a priority. Goalie and CM are.

I reread your post and noticed that. You've got a point.

If you want a Xabi type of player that is a realistic signing why not sign Xabi? We would get an excellent Captain and he is still a very good player. I have already said that Buffon is the keeper we should sign. He is still one of the best keepers in the world and available on a free transfer in the summer.

A goalkeeper of the ilk of De Gea would make a massive difference. It's not going to fix everything but the confidence it would give to the team in general and the defence in particular would be huge. It wouldn't make Moreno and Sakho great defenders but Sakho in particular often looks like he's shitting his pants nervous.

Mignolet is crap, but Sakho still shows shitty balance and is still a borderline nervous wreck 25 to 30 yards from goal under moderate pressure, and Moreno still makes awful tackles halfway across the pitch. You could just as easily turn it around and argue that their hopelessness compounds Mignolet's shittiness.

The solution is to get rid of all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom