• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Szoboszlai

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
I remember a few weeks into last season everyone was like Belling-who?? and 60M was apparently a steal.

What do we all think a year later?

He's clearly talented but he's worryingly inconsistent. He offers great running power and when he's good, he's very good, but now when he starts, I'm almost expecting that I'm going to have to wait 40-50mins for him to get into the groove of things (if he does at all).

What do we need to see by the end of year to be convinced?

He has had a great start to 24/25 bar the game against Forest. So we just need more of the same. He’s also still only 23 years old.

He’s usually first in pressing, running and chance creating, so this narrative that he hasnt had a good start to the season is wrong.
Need to be more consistent but that will come with development and age.

I remember a few weeks into last season everyone was like Belling-who?? and 60M was apparently a steal.

What do we all think a year later?

He's clearly talented but he's worryingly inconsistent. He offers great running power and when he's good, he's very good, but now when he starts, I'm almost expecting that I'm going to have to wait 40-50mins for him to get into the groove of things (if he does at all).

What do we need to see by the end of year to be convinced?

He annoys me. Sometimes he plays passes that are instinctive, other times he holds on to the ball. The most jarring part for me was we were supposed to be buying a player who can ping them in from all ranges; cunts terrified to shoot!

He's reminding me a little of a trickier Henderson. All application, very little impact. He's in a crucial section of the pitch that he can make his own, yet he's not. Every tool is there for him to be a success, but he's just either incapable or unwilling to use them.

For him to turn it round for me he just needs to add more goal involvement a to his game. Goals, assists, don't care. He needs to impact the end result more that he currently is.

Every player in world football bar the best 5-10 in the world are inconsistent, Szobo is clearly a very talented player but he’s never going to reach the levels we want anyone who puts on a red shirt to reach.

He just needs to carry on playing his game and cutting out the stupid shit like trying to walk the ball into the net at Utd. Needs to work on his decisiveness at key moments too, which includes adding a measure of calmness, takes too much time on the ball then all a sudden he’s in a frenetic mood to release the ball or try some skill and the move is dead.

Every player in world football bar the best 5-10 in the world are inconsistent, Szobo is clearly a very talented player but he’s never going to reach the levels we want anyone who puts on a red shirt to reach.

He just needs to carry on playing his game and cutting out the stupid shit like trying to walk the ball into the net at Utd. Needs to work on his decisiveness at key moments too, which includes adding a measure of calmness, takes too much time on the ball then all a sudden he’s in a frenetic mood to release the ball or try some skill and the move is dead.
And constantly not being able to make 5 yard passes.

And constantly not being able to make 5 yard passes.
Needs to pick his head up more.

Things to improve for sure but he’s a few years away from entering his prime. Get all these players playing during their prime years and you’ll see more of that polished, cutting edge.

Given his with ethic, technical ability and running power there's very little preventing him from being a brilliant midfielder but we are not seeing it enough. I don't think one metric really matters, but he needs to learn how to consistency impact on games with the ball.

Sometimes I think he's a bit too sure of himself and he takes his eyes off the basics.

We (well most of us) knew Nunez was shite after him being here a year.
All the good times we had:
  • He's better than Haaland
  • He'll score a brace in the next game
  • Lewandowski wasn't that good in his first season but Klopp coached him into being a world beater.
  • Agent of chaos or captain chaos.
  • 15/10 match rating.
  • Play him on the left.
  • Maybe he needs one to one coaching.
  • He's just unlucky
My own personal favourite was when one of the usuals, called Woland a neanderthal who didn't understand football for doubting his talent. Search isn't working so I cant fins the exact quote.

Doesn't make me wrong unfortunately

Szobo has been excellent in 3 of the 4 first games this season. One bad game and people jump on last season's bad run of form. Interestingly it was reported that he played through an injury all of the run in and was never close to full fitness, and that will obviously have affected his performances.

Thankfully Slot rates him, and he's gonna be boss. Looking forward to revisit this thread after the season.

At least you see a semblance of intelligence in Szobo. Just like the Raptor in Jurassic park, until the fucker went head first into that metall compartment.

Nunez and Szobo shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence in terms of performances and what they currently add to the team.
They’re both shite, expensive, not that intelligent and for long periods of their time here have added nothing to the team.
Szobo has been excellent in 3 of the 4 first games this season. One bad game and people jump on last season's bad run of form. Interestingly it was reported that he played through an injury all of the run in and was never close to full fitness, and that will obviously have affected his performances.

Thankfully Slot rates him, and he's gonna be boss. Looking forward to revisit this thread after the season.
The bad run of form was longer than his good one. Excellent this season could be pushing it a little. He was garbage the first half against Ipswich (as was Mac next to him!) and flitted in and out of the games.

They’re both shite, expensive, not that intelligent and for long periods of their time here have added nothing to the team.

The bad run of form was longer than his good one. Excellent this season could be pushing it a little. He was garbage the first half against Ipswich (as was Mac next to him!) and flitted in and out of the games.

The first part isnt true about Szobo, at all.

Haven't read the thread yet but my general thoughts are:

- Absolute work rate machine, but with brains (for pressing i.e. knowing when, how, who to press) and skill (great first touch, all ranges of passing, deadly shot at times)
- Pace & threat when he runs on the ball

However - he just seems to lose his composure in the final third too often for my liking. He's often part of our attacks and involved in either failing to make the right pass or failing to receive the right pass. We also see inconsistent decisions around when he shoots, how he shoots etc. He possesses the classic "thunder bastard" shot, but there are time's when he just doesn't use it.

I love having him in our midfield. He offers all of what our previous work horses had, but with attacking skill & threat. However he hasn't yet really delivered on a lot of the promise, such is his ceiling.

Do we know if Slobbers is any good at catching large fish?

pissed me off again in the last 15 when he just starts fucking about. his best overall performance by a mile this season, though.

Reactions: jan
Best game Of Szbo in a while, all action and sensational pressing. Klopp would have beaten his chest at him, keep it going lad.

Was it?

For me he was better at Ipswich (2nd half that is), first half was still not a lot going on.

Back
Top Bottom