• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rio Ngumoha Official

born in fucking 2008!

love to see a big cheesy smile holding the shirt, good luck Rio

Welcome to the club kid.

Look forward to seeing him feature for the u18s/u21s this season.

Also look forward to seeing everyone slating his end product in about 12 months from now.

I don't like this trend of using your first name on the back of your shirt.
So the Brazilian Ronaldo should have had “De Lima” on the back of his shirt? Hell no!

What I don’t particularly like is one-letter abbreviation of first name + last name combination (i.e. “D. Jota”, “M. Salah”). Seems fit for a doctor or an accountant, but a footballer’s name on the back of the shirt should be short and sweet IMO.

What we thinking? 2017/18 kit? Debut Salah season, but I'd suggest mane having impressed the year before. Could also been unlucky and got coutinho
Not gonna lie.

It's thoroughly depressing to see photos like this. Feels like just yesterday that this kit was released.

Not gonna lie.

It's thoroughly depressing to see photos like this. Feels like just yesterday that this kit was released.
Yeah first was like "ok 08 team...wait he was born then . Ok so when did that kit come out... *Googles*... Oh....oh no"

That kid is gonna be sensational. We have some extremely promising youngsters coming through. Hopefully we'll get a few gems from the South American market as well now that its easier to get work permits.

What's mildly interesting is that this could demonstrate that the youth players are already, and rightly, seeing no pathway to getting into the bomb squad, let alone the first team.

Chelseas academy has been genuinely successful in the last decade, James, Mount, Gallagher, Solanke, Nketiah, Abraham, Hudson Odoi, Christensen, Olise, Broja, Chalobah, Tomori, Coliwell, Gilmore have all come through it at various stages. Very few clubs have produced that level of players playing at the highest level and it's been key to them balancing the books. The point here is that it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if there isn't more young, exciting players that can be tempted away. I'm sure many scouts are circling like vultures.

What's mildly interesting is that this could demonstrate that the youth players are already, and rightly, seeing no pathway to getting into the bomb squad, let alone the first team.

Chelseas academy has been genuinely successful in the last decade, James, Mount, Gallagher, Solanke, Nketiah, Abraham, Hudson Odoi, Christensen, Olise, Broja, Chalobah, Tomori, Coliwell, Gilmore have all come through it at various stages. Very few clubs have produced that level of players playing at the highest level and it's been key to them balancing the books. The point here is that it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if there isn't more young, exciting players that can be tempted away. I'm sure many scouts are circling like vultures.

i’d say the treatment of gallagher and chalobah has really pushed the discontent, say you do ‘make it’, you might very well be first out the door as a young englishman due to it being better for the accounts.

Hope he has a more productive time here than his predecessor Solanke (whom I liked, as it happens) eventually did.

On that last note, are they capturing the youngsters early coz they run those after school clubs ? I live in central Essex and my boy attends the after school clubs run by Chelsea. Most of the other kids attending are regular at local clubs as well. Do those of you living further away from London have local clubs run by Chelsea ?

So the Brazilian Ronaldo should have had “De Lima” on the back of his shirt? Hell no!

What I don’t particularly like is one-letter abbreviation of first name + last name combination (i.e. “D. Jota”, “M. Salah”). Seems fit for a doctor or an accountant, but a footballer’s name on the back of the shirt should be short and sweet IMO.

It's Diogo J isn't it? First name and middle initial.

As he doesn't use either of his surnames then if it didn't include his first name his shirt would just say J, which would look even odder.

It's Diogo J isn't it? First name and middle initial.

As he doesn't use either of his surnames then if it didn't include his first name his shirt would just say J, which would look even odder.
Jota isn't even his surname.
Diogo Teixeira da Silva.

Back
Top Bottom