• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Takefusa Kubo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror running with "Arne Slot closing in on first transfer". The media are well aware that coach's aren't in the driving seat regards signings and yet they still persist with this personalisation

I think there is clearly some basis for the rumours.

A story like this has to come from the agent or player's side. He's just signed a new contract, so the purpose of the story is probably to drive up the price, or hurry one of the clubs up.

Kubo probably thinks he's reached third base with us, and it's just a matter of time... little does he know we are a dirty Slotty club. We're deep into 'intimate discussions' with over 60 players and come August we'll ghost them all without a whisper.

The fee looks high given his numbers out poor. He also looks like a terrific footballer in that video, but he'd have to kick on when he's here.

Have to say I'd prefer Bakayoko, but the recruitment team deserve some faith.

The fee looks high given his numbers out poor. He also looks like a terrific footballer in that video, but he'd have to kick on when he's here.

I'm sure there are near identical messages a few years back about Salah and Brandt or Draxler.

Yes, this is the drum I am banging in my Panglossian delusion that everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

I'm sure there are near identical messages a few years back about Salah and Brandt or Draxler.

Yes, this is the drum I am banging in my Panglossian delusion that everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

More so Mane, from memory. Sadio was a 1 in 4 player at Southampton whereas Salah scored one goal every two games in Italy. There may have been some whinging about the fee/that he failed at Chelsea, or whatever, but his output was in a different league to Kubo.

But yeah, Salah and Mane show we have provided environments and training that have enabled wide attackers to spectacularly peak in recent years. Optimistically I would hope that continued despite the new regime. Slot reportedly relies on wide players a lot and has stacked his squads with them at previous clubs.

Is this more about branding and merch sales rather than value adding to the team?
Now we just need someone to say he's got a terrific work ethic and we've got "bingo" on the "linked to Asian player" bingo

Revealed: Liverpool AREN'T close to signing 'Japanese Messi' Takefusa Kubo - despite reports in Japan - as Arne Slot adopts patient transfer approach

- Daily Mail

Well you'd generally have to assume numbers would be better at Liverpool than at Sociedad (same number of minutes) and it's La Liga not a Mickey Mouse league.

Does look lightweight.

More importantly… what’s his degree thesis on?

The scouting/frameworks/data, and whatever, will likely be based on whatever Edwards put in place before leaving. By the sounds it we moved away from that when Klopp seized more power, but I would expect a return to the principles that built our PL/CL winning side. It may well be Hughes name on the contracts, but I would expect them to mirror Edwards-type signings from the past. As far as I know the scouts have remained the same throughout the general upheaval over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom