• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match: Man City (N) - Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Liverpool vs Man City: Community Shield

Date, kick-off time and venue
The Community Shield final is scheduled for a 5pm kick-off time on Saturday July 28, 2022.
The King Power Stadium in Leicester will host.

Where to watch Liverpool vs Manchester City
TV channel: The game will be broadcast on ITV 1 and STV 1.
Live stream: Both the ITV Hub and the STV iPlayer will provide live streams.

Potential line up:

LFCMC.png

Don’t care. I’ve not watched any preseason. That’ll probably continue.

same

but it does irritate me that Guardiola will insist this counts later in the season if they win, weren’t they calling the league, league cup and this a treble a year or two ago?

Pep Guardiola has confirmed that first-choice centre-back Aymeric Laporte will miss at least the first month of the season following knee surgery.
Man City take on Liverpool in the Community Shield on Saturday evening, during an unorthodox pre-season that has seen them play just two friendlies so far.

Those came on a tour of the United States, with only 21 players featuring across wins over Club America and Bayern Munich.
That is partly due to the small size of Guardiola’s squad, with Raheem Sterling, Fernandinho, Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko all departing this summer, but also issues for other players.
Chief among those is Laporte, who played more minutes than any other City centre-back last season but will now miss a lengthy period through injury – including the meeting with Liverpool.

Laporte is injured. He had surgery after the last season,” Guardiola told reporters on Friday.
“He played the last two, three games [of last season] with an important injury, made an incredible effort, but of course, he could not continue to do that.
“He had surgery, so far he’s doing really, really well, but you have to be careful with the knee.
“I don’t know, we need the time, I think August he will be out, but maybe in September he starts to be with us. We will see.”

That leaves Ruben Dias, John Stones and Nathan Ake as senior centre-back options, with Stones not having featured yet this pre-season after missing the US tour for an unnamed reason believed to be vaccine status.
It stands to reason that Ake will partner Dias on Saturday, as he did against Bayern, though Guardiola has also used Kyle Walker and new signing Kalvin Phillips as out-of-position stand-ins.
Whoever starts will come up against a fired-up Mohamed Salah, with Guardiola under no illusions as to the No. 11’s threat.
“I’m not going to say something new about this player, because all of us in this room know him,” he said.

He’s an exceptional player, an incredible threat, a top goalscorer. We know his quality.
“We try to win. He can score if we win. We try to win the game, that’s what we’re going to do.”

Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of seven first-team players currently sidelined through injury, with Alisson, Caoimhin Kelleher, Kostas Tsimikas, Calvin Ramsay, Diogo Jota and Kaide Gordon also out.
Alisson is expected to return for the Premier League opener at Fulham on August 6, but less is known of the others.
However, Klopp did give an insight into Kelleher’s groin strain, with there a sense of frustration at the medical staff within the Republic of Ireland setup as he faces up to three more weeks on the treatment table.
“Caoimh felt something after the international game and everybody told him, the medical department there, it’s fine, it would be good,” he explained.
“After holiday he came back, first training, felt it again. We checked it and it was not good.
“I think Caoimh will be another two, three weeks and then should be fine.”

If the game ends all square after 90 minutes it is straight to the penalty spot for a shootout, which Liverpool are no strangers to either last season or in the Community Shield.

Liverpool have been sharing minutes throughout the squad in pre-season so far, but Jurgen Klopp will be able to make fewer changes in the Community Shield.

The Reds take on Man City at the King Power in Leicester on Saturday evening, as FA Cup and Premier League winners face off to decide the Community Shield.

While widely considered a glorified friendly, factoring into the pre-season schedule rather than kicking off the new campaign, it will still be a hotly contested tie due to the clubs involved.
The Community Shield will be Liverpool’s fifth in a six-game pre-season, which has taken in stops in Thailand, Singapore, Germany and Austria.
Meanwhile, Man City have only played twice, both on their tour of the United States, as they sealed victory over Club America in Houston and Bayern Munich in Green Bay.

And though Klopp has used the summer to gradually increase the workload on his squad, with 36 players used over four friendlies so far and only two – Adrian and Ibrahima Konate – clocking over 180 minutes, it has been a different approach for Pep Guardiola.
The Man City manager has only used 21 players, and many of those have already played the full 90 against either Club America, Bayern Munich or, in Rodri’s case, both.
The two managers clearly have starkly different approaches to pre-season, but on Saturday, Klopp will not be able to make wholesale changes during the game.
Instead, the FA only permit nine players to be named on the substitutes’ bench for the Community Shield, with a maximum of six in-game changes to be made.
That will, at least, allow Klopp to name a strong bench and alter the majority of his side throughout the 90 minutes.

Crucially, the Community Shield cannot go to extra time even if there is a draw after 90 minutes, with the tie going straight to a penalty shootout.
It is likely, then, that along with stand-in goalkeeper Adrian, four other players will play the full 90, while Klopp can rest six and hand opportunities to six more.
Those changes are more likely to come in midfield and attack, with the likes of Fabio Carvalho, Harvey Elliott, Naby Keita and Darwin Nunez expected to be available from the bench, but much will depend on individual fitness.

Predicted Liverpool XI vs. Man City: Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Diaz, Firmino
Predicted subs: H.Davies, Konate, Gomez, Milner, Keita, Jones, Elliott, Carvalho, Nunez

Reactions: dee
If the game ends all square after 90 minutes it is straight to the penalty spot for a shootout, which Liverpool are no strangers to either last season or in the Community Shield.

Hope if we do go to penalties,Adrian does well for us.
Im more comfortable with Ali for this..

However, Klopp did give an insight into Kelleher’s groin strain, with there a sense of frustration at the medical staff within the Republic of Ireland setup as he faces up to three more weeks on the treatment table.
“Caoimh felt something after the international game and everybody told him, the medical department there, it’s fine, it would be good,” he explained.
“After holiday he came back, first training, felt it again. We checked it and it was not good.
“I think Caoimh will be another two, three weeks and then should be fine.”
Fucking Irish quack docs. "Sure, give him a packet of Tayto and he'll be fine". But it was the wrong Tayto.

Fucking Irish quack docs. "Sure, give him a packet of Tayto and he'll be fine". But it was the wrong Tayto.
That's the problem with tatyo. No quality standard, one packet is perfect and the next is like some shit in it. Don't even get me started on that salt and vinegar piss

I had a weird dream last night and in it we lost 5-1. As football never makes an appearance in my dreams - at least as far as I can recall - I am going to regard it as a premonition and bet my life savings on that scoreline.

I had a weird dream last night and in it we lost 5-1. As football never makes an appearance in my dreams - at least as far as I can recall - I am going to regard it as a premonition and bet my life savings on that scoreline.
FFS.

If we kill Ken now can we avoid this? We need the charity shield for the quintuple.

(Quote as per ‘This is Anfield’) That leaves Ruben Dias, John Stones and Nathan Ake as senior centre-back options, with Stones not having featured yet this pre-season after missing the US tour for an unnamed reason believed to be vaccine status.

oh no, just the 3 who cost over 160 million!

I know joke isn’t it !

I don’t much buy into this Man City injury list. It’s pointless unless we start converting chances into goals.

Liverpool vs Man City: Community Shield

Date, kick-off time and venue
The Community Shield final is scheduled for a 5pm kick-off time on Saturday July 28, 2022.
The King Power Stadium in Leicester will host.

Where to watch Liverpool vs Manchester City
TV channel: The game will be broadcast on ITV 1 and STV 1.
Live stream: Both the ITV Hub and the STV iPlayer will provide live streams.

Potential line up:

LFCMC.png
So @Brizzle doesn't care for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom