• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Ipswich (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
That’s right, we’re already back to the start of the season.

there are pros & cons to getting an early visit to a newly promoted team. They won’t have had any time to adapt to the pace of the PL and they too will be working out team post pre season.

I think the team that beat Sevilla will start bar Robbo for Tsimikas.

Ali

Trent
Quansah
Virgil
Robbo

Macca
Gravy
Szobo

Salah
Jota
Diaz

The gravy slot could be up for grabs but let’s see.

I’m going for emphatic victory in Slot’s first competitive game for the reds.

Swap Quansah for Konaté. I think that'll be the team.
Based on what I saw against Las Palmas and Man U, Jones does not deserve start over Gravenberch.

I think it's going to be a tight game. Ipswich are going to be up for it especially with it being their first game of the season at home.

0-2

Playing away, in an early kick off, against a side who haven't been in the PL in decades and will be pumped up for it, is a genuinely tough opening day and shouldn't be underestimated. Ipswich will be running on adrenaline all day long and their fans will be right up for it.

Agree with the team sheet, and would hope to see Elliott and Bajectic at some stage.

Playing away, in an early kick off, against a side who haven't been in the PL in decades and will be pumped up for it, is a genuinely tough opening day and shouldn't be underestimated. Ipswich will be running on adrenaline all day long and their fans will be right up for it.

Agree with the team sheet, and would hope to see Elliott and Bajectic at some stage.

Yes could go either way. By all accounts Ipswich played a very open & attacking style last season. This would play into our new approach of attempting to pass through a press.

I’m bullish but we’ll need to be clinical as they will definitely not give up, especially with the cross behind them

Alisson
Bradley Quansah Virgil Robbo
Mac Grav
Salah Szobo Diaz
Nunez
Still think pre planned subs at 45’ and 60’ are needed for the next few weeks so everyone can get on an even playing field wrt rhythm.

Would be cool to see Nyoni get 10-15mins at the end and not on the left wing.

Yes could go either way. By all accounts Ipswich played a very open & attacking style last season. This would play into our new approach of attempting to pass through a press.

I’m bullish but we’ll need to be clinical as they will definitely not give up, especially with the cross behind them

Hopefully the manager has enough street smarts to stick with the same style, change nothing, get obliterated, then relegated, and collect the Bayern Munich job next summer

Hopefully the manager has enough street smarts to stick with the same style, change nothing, get obliterated, then relegated, and collect the Bayern Munich job next summer
In all fairness, he did get promoted first

Yes. I mean if you're going to post who they played you don't also post the results? Strange.
Two answers:

1. You wanting fucking banning - I've done it now I can do it again
2. Just posted their pre-season as I thought it indicative of their aspirations - not that its a surprise.

Fun aside. They are going to give it a go against us but in reality they are tuning their tactics to the 14-20 place teams. I'm expecting a 'Burnley' (but hoping for a Norwich)

Two answers:

1. You wanting fucking banning - I've done it now I can do it again
2. Just posted their pre-season as I thought it indicative of their aspirations - not that its a surprise.

Fun aside. They are going to give it a go against us but in reality they are tuning their tactics to the 14-20 place teams. I'm expecting a 'Burnley' (but hoping for a Norwich)
1. Go fuck yourself.
2. You just posted their fixtures without comment or the results, we're not mind readers were we supposed to sus your intent? The results would have added interest.

Fun facts.

They beat Nice 1-0, beat Hoffenheim 1-0, Moenchengladbach was cancelled, lost 2-1 to Duesseldorf and beat Shaktar 1-0.
In comparison to last season (free scoring, conceded too many for their position) they seem to be finding it more difficult to score against 'better' opposition.

We'll win 1-3 maybe 0-3.

Put it put there we win 6-0 or 6-1

Potential jinx I know but I am always full of hope and confidence .... I see just a Quad.

Quansah and Szobo to start. Gakpo, Darwin and Elliott to come on as subs and impact players.

I think Tsmikas will start as well. Robbo has had 60 mins of pre season and isnt ready.

2. You just posted their fixtures without comment or the results, we're not mind readers were we supposed to sus your intent?
I expect nothing less from the erudite members of this forum. Never a misunderstanding has ever arose here. We are Borg like in our compatibility and compassion.

🙂

Fun facts.

They beat Nice 1-0, beat Hoffenheim 1-0, Moenchengladbach was cancelled, lost 2-1 to Duesseldorf and beat Shaktar 1-0.
In comparison to last season (free scoring, conceded too many for their position) they seem to be finding it more difficult to score against 'better' opposition.

We'll win 1-3 maybe 0-3.

Actually quite impressive results

If there is any game in the season where an early kick off shouldn’t matter it’s this one though.

Timing shouldn't be an excuse. We've had plenty of time to prepare.

Besides, we're the 1230 experts. Ipswich have been playing at 3pm whole of last season

It also helps minimise the alcohol fuelling of their crowd, which might also help.

Not heard of that 4th official before but guaranteed to fuck us over somehow, all a bunch of cunts anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom