• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games: 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could always respect the achievements of manure, because, well, they dominated like we did being ahead of the game ... but chelsea and man city? And soon Newcastle? Nah, just showing us that a ridiculous financial advantage allows you to win in life... *shock*

I don't care if its sour grapes... Urghh, annoys me that we were so close to winning 4 last year whilst City (the financial doped up cheats) are being celebrated as legends for this treble. When are the PL going to make a decision about the punishments for the charges against City? A lesser team would have been dealt with already. Waiting for the PL to give them a 1 pound fine as their resolution.

Manchester was as close as Big Ears could get to us this year. Our Ex didn't realise she'd actually be cheating on us with a smug, rich cunt, but she'll see the error of her ways and she's probably pining for us already. Take care love, see you in a couple of years (after you've been the clap clinic, obviously).

United fans should be delighted. They've been supporting City for like the last 5 years. Now they've gone and won the Treble they used to think was so sacred.

I don't care if its sour grapes... Urghh, annoys me that we were so close to winning 4 last year whilst City (the financial doped up cheats) are being celebrated as legends for this treble. When are the PL going to make a decision about the punishments for the charges against City? A lesser team would have been dealt with already. Waiting for the PL to give them a 1 pound fine as their resolution.

say the PL strips them of last seasons title, does that follow on and take the champions league off them. Or is that an entirely different beast because uefa run the show?

I feel empty inside.

The one redeeming feature is now people will stop talking about the 1999 United team as if they were Gods amongst men.

Gary Neville got into all-time PL 11s based off that one season.

It also means when people ask why we didn't win 3 or 4 titles, with our greatest ever PL team, we can say we were in the era of the oil-rich Man Cheaty team. That have been centurions and now done a treble.

If anyone ever says anything positive about that absolute fucking shithouse donkey Lautaro Martinez ever again, I'll dislocate their jaw and shit down their throat. Woeful footballer.

Lukaku is dreadful too. Always has been.

At least it's done. Pep might get bored now and leave soon, haaland might want to go sooner.

They're never getting a decent punishment, so may as well hope they dismantle themselves

In all honesty this is boring as fuck, there’s no respect for this team what so ever Pep has bought who the hell he wants Football is done..:

This Pep Man Cheaty team has stopped us from:

1) Going unbeaten 18/19
2) Being centaurions 18/19
3) Winning another 2 titles 18/19 & 21/22
4) Probably winning a quadruple (we'd have beaten Real if we didn't have to expend so much energy trying & failing to win the PL; have half our team semi-injured going into the final).

Any retrospective punishment doesn't resolve the above.

I don't think we would have beaten Real last year.

We should have won anyway.

But the fact is, Real were well-rested having had their title wrapped up early. They were resting Vini, Valverde, Modric, Kross and Benzema for the final 5 games before the end of their league season.

We were playing Chelsea in an FA cup final, winning on pens (after extrra time), then going to Southampton 2 days later to win a must-win game. And then another must-win game 3 days later to Wolves. If only we had the luxury to rest players (had there been no Man Cheaty and we wrapped up the title earlier).

VVD, Fabinho, Thiago, TAA, Salah all had knocks (or nursing injuries) ahead of the final. We were the walking wounded. And like I said, we should have won that game regardless.

It's all done and City are never getting stripped of anything - forget about it.

There is no point getting mad about it, just have to accept the new reality for what it is.
We have to focus on getting the summer right.

City are probably going to start next season very slow. Their players have internationals now and then 2-3 weeks off before pre-season. Not much rest.

If there's ever going to be a drop-off or slow start, it will be next season.

Who is in the best position to take advantage of that drop off?

The way Arsenal ended the season, I can't imagine it's them. The way we ended the season, if we get transfers done early and pre-season right, I think we can start the season fast and really challenge for the league again.

We should have won anyway.

But the fact is, Real were well-rested having had their title wrapped up early. They were resting Vini, Valverde, Modric, Kross and Benzema for the final 5 games before the end of their league season.

We were playing Chelsea in an FA cup final, winning on pens (after extrra time), then going to Southampton 2 days later to win a must-win game. And then another must-win game 3 days later to Wolves. If only we had the luxury to rest players (had there been no Man Cheaty and we wrapped up the title earlier).

VVD, Fabinho, Thiago, TAA, Salah all had knocks (or nursing injuries) ahead of the final. We were the walking wounded. And like I said, we should have won that game regardless.
Also, going unbeaten in 18/19, not really, as watford were the team to break our unbeaten run first if i recall correctl, - sorry my bad yeah 18/19 CL winning season, they were the only team to beat us !!!...any losing the title in 18/9 can be more to do with the 7 draws than blamimg city for that one loss

Also, going unbeaten in 18/19, not really, as watford were the team to break our unbeaten run first if i recall correctl, - sorry my bad yeah 18/19 CL winning season, they were the only team to beat us !!!...any losing the title in 18/9 can be more to do with the 7 draws than blamimg city for that one loss
7 draws isn't a problem when you only lose once.

We got 97 pts. There was little else we could do that year.

Anyways, it's just unfortunate that we've had our greatest ever PL side in an era of Pep Guardiola, who like it or not, is a GOAT-level manager (esp with a chequebook).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom