• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games: 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 draws isn't a problem when you only lose once.

We got 97 pts. There was little else we could do that year.

Anyways, it's just unfortunate that we've had our greatest ever PL side in an era of Pep Guardiola, who like it or not, is a GOAT-level manager (esp with a chequebook).
Agree on Pep being GOAT level, but we could have done better, like sign a player after winning the European Cup maybe ? rather than just sticking with that squad, and turning at least two of those draws into wins, that would have been enough.

It's all done and City are never getting stripped of anything - forget about it.

There is no point getting mad about it, just have to accept the new reality for what it is.

I decided to wish my City mate good luck before the final and congratulate him after… mainly to stifle post game crowing and potentially reverse-jinx the cunts.

Ah well…..

At least it's done. Pep might get bored now and leave soon, haaland might want to go sooner.

They're never getting a decent punishment, so may as well hope they dismantle themselves
Damage is done, football is dead.

Doesn't matter who stays or goes.....if both Everton and City get off scott free there's no hope anymore, might aswell find a new sport. Boxing is now my #1 sport, Tennis #2 and I quite like the look of Squash.

Their owner was at his first City game in 13 years. Its so annoying that wealth stops them from getting punished. It shouldnt be a surprise though as it mirrors the rest of society.

The only thing that can ignite my love for football again is City getting punished.

Their owner was at his first City game in 13 years. Its so annoying that wealth stops them from getting punished. It shouldnt be a surprise though as it mirrors the rest of society.

The only thing that can ignite my love for football again is City getting punished.

And even if this unlikely scenario would happen - then there's Newcastle and whatever is next.

The game is dead.

Damage is done, football is dead.

Doesn't matter who stays or goes.....if both Everton and City get off scott free there's no hope anymore, might aswell find a new sport. Boxing is now my #1 sport, Tennis #2 and I quite like the look of Squash.
Boxing ... haha ! The embodiment of a well run sport, the paradigm of honesty and ethics right to its core. Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire !

And even if this unlikely scenario would happen - then there's Newcastle and whatever is next.

The game is dead.

It was always a race to the bottom. Whoever was willing to debase themselves enough in the name of success will get the crown.

All that will happen is the old supporters will give up, but replaced by the new ones who just support players, or have such a shallow connection with the club they choose that it means nothing.

The top teams always bought the trophies, we just can’t compete now and they break the rules put in place to allow others to catch up.

i think thats the thing that stings. Weve never consistently been able to compete at the top table when it comes to transfer (at least since sky injected money in to the game). I can accept teams paying large amounts for players when it's based on appropriate earnings. Not made up 3rd party shell companies. It's fucking ridiculous that it's allowed, and now with the level of success city have had, endorsed by the footballing bodies

The only glimmer of hope is that the authorities see the complete apathy and ambivalence people now have towards the sport and do something about it. Unlikely, though, as long as the money keeps rolling in.

i think thats the thing that stings. Weve never consistently been able to compete at the top table when it comes to transfer (at least since sky injected money in to the game). I can accept teams paying large amounts for players when it's based on appropriate earnings. Not made up 3rd party shell companies. It's fucking ridiculous that it's allowed, and now with the level of success city have had, endorsed by the footballing bodies
Absolutely. For what we spent in the 90’s and and early 00’s we should have won our fair share of titles along with Utd and Arsenal. Klopp came 20 years to late.

The only glimmer of hope is that the authorities see the complete apathy and ambivalence people now have towards the sport and do something about it. Unlikely, though, as long as the money keeps rolling in.

They just have to watch the city parade for their treble.
It will be 50k people ... if that doesn't show the issue, nothing will

Putting money through shell companies is just this decades getting sponsorship in by putting a logo on absolutely everything connected to the club, which was the previous decades Jack Walker, which was the previous decades’s shirt sponsor.

We made some mistakes in the boardroom, had a few poor managerial appointments and a lot of bad player recruitment decisions - and while we didn’t spend as much as Utd the Chelsea then City, we still spent more than enough, or should I say, had enough resources at our disposal to have been more successful.

Putting money through shell companies is just this decades getting sponsorship in by putting a logo on absolutely everything connected to the club, which was the previous decades Jack Walker, which was the previous decades’s shirt sponsor.

We made some mistakes in the boardroom, had a few poor managerial appointments and a lot of bad player recruitment decisions - and while we didn’t spend as much as Utd the Chelsea then City, we still spent more than enough, or should I say, had enough resources at our disposal to have been more successful.

Do you think shell companies owned by your owners is the same as overuse of a club logo or high value shirt sponsor?

2 of those are valid competitive means, one is only done to mask additional funding from the owners to avoid FFP. at least for the other 2 it's dependent on people actually supporting the club and buying your shite, as opposed to free money

I do agree we should have been more successful however, but we always conspired to fuck it up

The most annoying thing about the game last night was that City were uncharacteristically crap and Inter - against all the odds - actually had a shot of causing an upset (thanks for nothing Lukaku).

Now that they've finally gotten that monkey off their back they won't be so nervous and panicked in the future.

In terms of quality, they should be up there was favourites every year and it's not hard to see them dominating the CL as they have the PL over the next few years.

Also, I have never seen Martinez have a good game.

The most annoying thing about the game last night was that City were uncharacteristically crap and Inter - against all the odds - actually had a shot of causing an upset (thanks for nothing Lukaku).

Now that they've finally gotten that monkey off their back they won't be so nervous and panicked in the future.

In terms of quality, they should be up there was favourites every year and it's not hard to see them dominating the CL as they have the PL over the next few years.

Also, I have never seen Martinez have a good game.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did the treble again next year. Maybe they'll take the carabao more seriously and go all out for the quad. The sickening part is they could easily do it as well

Gundogan and De Bruyne are key creative players for them.
Without them, they look unimaginative and are much easier to stop.
Let us see if they can manage. I reckon they will throw quite a lot of shit against the wall, and some will stick, but it is not a given even with the petrodollars.

I thought they would get Bellingham to replace De Bruyne, but they did not. Not sure who they will get as the new attacking fulcrum.
Ødegaard would be a good replacement for one of them, but that would not happen I think.

Gvardiol seems to be their Laporte replacement btw.

Gundogan and De Bruyne are key creative players for them.
Without them, they look unimaginative and are much easier to stop.

Let us see if they can manage. I reckon they will throw quite a lot of shit against the wall, and some will stick, but it is not a given even with the petrodollars.

I thought they would get Bellingham to replace De Bruyne, but they did not. Not sure who they will get as the new attacking fulcrum.
Ødegaard would be a good replacement for one of them, but that would not happen I think.

Gvardiol seems to be their Laporte replacement btw.

That is so true - I actually thought that when De Bruyne went off - they looked very ordinary in terms I could not see how they would make those incisive passes, and would have to rely on Silva beating his man. I am hoping that next season, they suffer what we have this season. I want them fucking battered by all the teams in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom